Achievements and Vidmaster Challenges

I don’t know if this has been discussed already, but I’m here to talk about the achievements. Xbox One is confirmed to have the achievements system back, so this is a valid point to discuss.

First of all, I know what you are thinking. “Achievements aren’t that important, none one’s going to look at your Gamerscore…” Well, I know that. However, the old kind of achievements (Those that Halo 3, ODST and Reach had), encouraged you to do things that probably you weren’t going to do if there wasn’t any kind of “award” to it. Now you can kinda of show off to people that you did THIS or you did THAT, and have a way to prove it. But that’s not what’s important, but rather that you do crazy stuff just to get more completion within the game. Things that you never even thought of doing.

My second, and last, point in here are the Vidmaster Challenges. This needs to come back! I mean, who was going to complete the mission “Halo”, with Iron On, and everybody on Ghosts? (After the update). Those were challenges that the real Halo players kinda enjoying doing because they needed strategy, teamwork, patience, time, and the award was a winning helmet (Recon) that you could proudly wear. Well, that before 343i decided to give the helmet to everybody who had a copy of Halo 3 and Xbox Live.

I can imagine the new Vidmaster Challenges on the Halo Xbox One. That would be epic, IMO. Discuss. :slight_smile:

Cheers!

I would love the vid masters to be back. But you have to have something like the Road to Recon with them, I had tons of fun with that one.

Vidmaster Challenges and Impossible Achievements were so fun it required teamwork, patience, communication, time plus a little frustration.

Halo: Reach
-A Monument To All Your Sins
-If They Came To Hear Me Beg

Halo 3
-Vidmaster Challenge: Annual

Halo 3: ODST
-Vidmaster Challenge: Endure

> Vidmaster Challenges and Impossible Achievements were so fun it required teamwork, patience, communication, time, <mark>plus A WHOLE LOT of frustration.</mark>
>
> Halo: Reach
> -A Monument To All Your Sins
> -If They Came To Hear Me Beg
>
> Halo 3
> -Vidmaster Challenge: Annual
>
> Halo 3: ODST
> -Vidmaster Challenge: Endure

I fixed that for you.
XD

I agree.
The VidMasters “mixed things up a little”.

If they do come back and i hope they do, The should reward those players with Classic Armor plus some like bonus XP (For a limited time i might add.)
I love the vidmasters especially when you got the Recon Armor in Halo 3 and no one else had it. I have to admit it pissed me off when 343 just gave it away to everyone. Once that happened the who value of the armor went way down.
And Also id love for Halo 5 to have “reward” Armor like Halo Reach had (The CQB and the Military Police) where if you got certain achievements from passed Halo games you unlocked special armor. Also what else would be cool is if with these armors you got the specific visor,Stance, armor effects, emblem and a special armor/ weapon skin. I know this is off topic but um the way id want skins to be in Halo 5 is that you have a special section in your armory like the Armor effects where you have 5 or so armor skins that go to all armors and when you complete a vidmaster challenge you get a new skin added to that list. And same goes for the armor effects. As far as the weapon skins go, you unlock skins for completing weapon specific commendations and not just xp. You select the gun, you can “scroll” the list of 5 skins that you have and then boom, youre done. And once you complete a vidmaster the armor you get gives you a weapon skin for the like “specific gun.” For example you could be given the CQB armor with an armor skin, armor effect, visor, an emblem, stance, and a weapon skin for your AR (Since its a CQB weapon and if the SMG returns you could get it for that as well.) Vidmasters need to be around the same difficulty as they were in previous Halo games. No more of the beat the game on lasso.