Achievement Glitch

I’ve encountered yet another achievement bug where none of the par time achievements unlock. I recently completed Dawn and Requiem under the recommended par times, and haven’t been awarded the achievements, both in the game nor on the site.

“If you are having issues with the game feel free to create a new thread, your chances of getting assistance in a old thread are pretty low.”

So I’m creating a new thread based off of this response from an admin. Where’s my assistance, or all of our assistance, on the Master Chief Collection? We’re still waiting.

Now I’m not aiming any guns here, nor am I presenting myself in a vulgar manner to illustrate a point, but I’m seriously disappointed with the lack of attention the MCC is getting. I know I’ve expressed it multiple times on multiple occasions over MULTIPLE issues, but I’ve about had it. After both achievements didn’t unlock, I just caved in. I’ve put $90 into the game (two physical copies, $60 from the midnight release and $30 from after the game broke after a game-breaking Player ID bug).

I’m not concerned about this thread being locked or edited for moderation purposes (I never really said anything out of line here, and I screen-shotted it for security sake in case it does), I just want other fans to see this and show just how upset 343i has made me over their failed product. You can say this thread doesn’t help solve any problems, but it points them out and you can’t fault me for that when I’m a paying customer.

It’s playable, I’ll give it that, but the severity of not being awarded anything for my progress, something that Bungie was on top of years ago, is truly hurtful.

I think some of my par times didn’t unlock. They can be voided with some skulls activated. So I would suggest that you play with 0 on. Try a hard reset and give it another go.

> 2533274972430429;2:
> I think some of my par times didn’t unlock. They can be voided with some skulls activated. So I would suggest that you play with 0 on. Try a hard reset and give it another go.

I’ve tried every route possible. Tried with 0-2 skulls on, reset the Xbox, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, played the level twice or thrice, and nothing. On my end at least, they’re totally broken and inactive.

> 2533274802196931;3:
> > 2533274972430429;2:
> > I think some of my par times didn’t unlock. They can be voided with some skulls activated. So I would suggest that you play with 0 on. Try a hard reset and give it another go.
>
> I’ve tried every route possible. Tried with 1-2 skulls on, reset the Xbox, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, played the level twice or thrice, and nothing. On my end at least, they’re totally broken and inactive.

Yeah I just looked at your profile the whole of CE has no score. Do you want me to run the missions with you just to see if it unlocks?

> 2533274972430429;4:
> > 2533274802196931;3:
> > > 2533274972430429;2:
> > > I think some of my par times didn’t unlock. They can be voided with some skulls activated. So I would suggest that you play with 0 on. Try a hard reset and give it another go.
> >
> > I’ve tried every route possible. Tried with 1-2 skulls on, reset the Xbox, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, played the level twice or thrice, and nothing. On my end at least, they’re totally broken and inactive.
>
> Yeah I just looked at your profile the whole of CE has no score. Do you want me to run the missions with you just to see if it unlocks?

Yeah we can run together. I haven’t tried it with co-op yet, so maybe that’ll nudge it enough to unlock. Send me a friend request and we’ll rendezvous later tonight if possible.

> 2533274802196931;5:
> > 2533274972430429;4:
> > > 2533274802196931;3:
> > > > 2533274972430429;2:
> > > > I think some of my par times didn’t unlock. They can be voided with some skulls activated. So I would suggest that you play with 0 on. Try a hard reset and give it another go.
> > >
> > > I’ve tried every route possible. Tried with 1-2 skulls on, reset the Xbox, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, played the level twice or thrice, and nothing. On my end at least, they’re totally broken and inactive.
> >
> > Yeah I just looked at your profile the whole of CE has no score. Do you want me to run the missions with you just to see if it unlocks?
>
> Yeah we can run together. I haven’t tried it with co-op yet, so maybe that’ll nudge it enough to unlock. Send me a friend request and we’ll rendezvous later tonight if possible.

Sent one.

Having problems with achievements and player ID’s as well.

Nameplates don’t unlock and achievements are given, but I can’t browse them. In game or on the Xbox profile.

I can only see what ach I have done and what’s left here on HWP.

i often cant unlock achievements but i found if u wait a while it unlocks

> 2535424786818858;8:
> i often cant unlock achievements but i found if u wait a while it unlocks

Done that also. Recently after completing Forerunner under the par time, I didn’t get the achievement so I waited on the main menu. I waited for ten minutes and still nothing.

Certain missions just start giving me 0 points for kills or multi-kills. I can’t beat the par score on Forerunner because for half of the mission I get 0 points for kills.
It’s very weird…

> 2535427838849776;10:
> Certain missions just start giving me 0 points for kills or multi-kills. I can’t beat the par score on Forerunner because for half of the mission I get 0 points for kills.
> It’s very weird…

That’s another thing, the par score system is entirely broken. As you said about getting zero points for kills, it’s possible to end up getting 0-10 points for killing a high-ranking Elite, but when you yourself die the score drops to -115, even on Easy mode.

> 2533274802196931;11:
> > 2535427838849776;10:
> > Certain missions just start giving me 0 points for kills or multi-kills. I can’t beat the par score on Forerunner because for half of the mission I get 0 points for kills.
> > It’s very weird…
>
> That’s another thing, the par score system is entirely broken. As you said about getting zero points for kills, it’s possible to end up getting 0-10 points for killing a high-ranking Elite, but when you yourself die the score drops to -115, even on Easy mode.

You get O after running way past the par time. Par score is linked to par time. After a while the game just stops giving you points due to how slow you are at completing the level.

> 2533274972430429;12:
> > 2533274802196931;11:
> > > 2535427838849776;10:
> > > Certain missions just start giving me 0 points for kills or multi-kills. I can’t beat the par score on Forerunner because for half of the mission I get 0 points for kills.
> > > It’s very weird…
> >
> > That’s another thing, the par score system is entirely broken. As you said about getting zero points for kills, it’s possible to end up getting 0-10 points for killing a high-ranking Elite, but when you yourself die the score drops to -115, even on Easy mode.
>
> You get O after running way past the par time. Par score is linked to par time. After a while the game just stops giving you points due to how slow you are at completing the level.

While that might be true, why do I then get 0 points at one point in the mission, but then get regular points at another?

Let’s say I play Halo 4, Requiem.
I get points normally for the first 2/4 of the mission. Then I randomly get 0 points for the 3/4 and then normally get points for the last part.

> 2535427838849776;13:
> > 2533274972430429;12:
> > > 2533274802196931;11:
> > > > 2535427838849776;10:
> > > > Certain missions just start giving me 0 points for kills or multi-kills. I can’t beat the par score on Forerunner because for half of the mission I get 0 points for kills.
> > > > It’s very weird…
> > >
> > > That’s another thing, the par score system is entirely broken. As you said about getting zero points for kills, it’s possible to end up getting 0-10 points for killing a high-ranking Elite, but when you yourself die the score drops to -115, even on Easy mode.
> >
> > You get O after running way past the par time. Par score is linked to par time. After a while the game just stops giving you points due to how slow you are at completing the level.
>
> While that might be true, why do I then get 0 points at one point in the mission, but then get regular points at another?
>
> Let’s say I play Halo 4, Requiem.
> I get points normally for the first 2/4 of the mission. Then I randomly get 0 points for the 3/4 and then normally get points for the last part.

That’s because the timer has run down. You no longer are getting that times bonus. When you spend too long on a mission you get nothing.

> 2533274972430429;14:
> > 2535427838849776;13:
> > > 2533274972430429;12:
> > > > 2533274802196931;11:
> > > > > 2535427838849776;10:
> > > > > Certain missions just start giving me 0 points for kills or multi-kills. I can’t beat the par score on Forerunner because for half of the mission I get 0 points for kills.
> > > > > It’s very weird…
> > > >
> > > > That’s another thing, the par score system is entirely broken. As you said about getting zero points for kills, it’s possible to end up getting 0-10 points for killing a high-ranking Elite, but when you yourself die the score drops to -115, even on Easy mode.
> > >
> > > You get O after running way past the par time. Par score is linked to par time. After a while the game just stops giving you points due to how slow you are at completing the level.
> >
> > While that might be true, why do I then get 0 points at one point in the mission, but then get regular points at another?
> >
> > Let’s say I play Halo 4, Requiem.
> > I get points normally for the first 2/4 of the mission. Then I randomly get 0 points for the 3/4 and then normally get points for the last part.
>
> That’s because the timer has run down. You no longer are getting that times bonus. When you spend too long on a mission you get nothing.

But if the timer ran out, why does it not stop giving me points for the mission entirely? Why does it start giving them normally at the last part?
Do the checkpoints also have a timer associated with them?

> 2535427838849776;15:
> > 2533274972430429;14:
> > > 2535427838849776;13:
> > > > 2533274972430429;12:
> > > > > 2533274802196931;11:
> > > > > > 2535427838849776;10:
> > > > > > Certain missions just start giving me 0 points for kills or multi-kills. I can’t beat the par score on Forerunner because for half of the mission I get 0 points for kills.
> > > > > > It’s very weird…
> > > > >
> > > > > That’s another thing, the par score system is entirely broken. As you said about getting zero points for kills, it’s possible to end up getting 0-10 points for killing a high-ranking Elite, but when you yourself die the score drops to -115, even on Easy mode.
> > > >
> > > > You get O after running way past the par time. Par score is linked to par time. After a while the game just stops giving you points due to how slow you are at completing the level.
> > >
> > > While that might be true, why do I then get 0 points at one point in the mission, but then get regular points at another?
> > >
> > > Let’s say I play Halo 4, Requiem.
> > > I get points normally for the first 2/4 of the mission. Then I randomly get 0 points for the 3/4 and then normally get points for the last part.
> >
> > That’s because the timer has run down. You no longer are getting that times bonus. When you spend too long on a mission you get nothing.
>
> But if the timer ran out, why does it not stop giving me point for the mission entirely? Why does it start giving them normally at the last part?
> Do the checkpoints also have a timer associated with them?

Once you timer prevents you from earning any more points, you can’t earn anymore throughout the mission.

Checkpoints don’t have a timer associated with them.

> 2533274972430429;16:
> > 2535427838849776;15:
> > > 2533274972430429;14:
> > > > 2535427838849776;13:
> > > > > 2533274972430429;12:
> > > > > > 2533274802196931;11:
> > > > > > > 2535427838849776;10:
> > > > > > > Certain missions just start giving me 0 points for kills or multi-kills. I can’t beat the par score on Forerunner because for half of the mission I get 0 points for kills.
> > > > > > > It’s very weird…
> > > > > >
> > > > > > That’s another thing, the par score system is entirely broken. As you said about getting zero points for kills, it’s possible to end up getting 0-10 points for killing a high-ranking Elite, but when you yourself die the score drops to -115, even on Easy mode.
> > > > >
> > > > > You get O after running way past the par time. Par score is linked to par time. After a while the game just stops giving you points due to how slow you are at completing the level.
> > > >
> > > > While that might be true, why do I then get 0 points at one point in the mission, but then get regular points at another?
> > > >
> > > > Let’s say I play Halo 4, Requiem.
> > > > I get points normally for the first 2/4 of the mission. Then I randomly get 0 points for the 3/4 and then normally get points for the last part.
> > >
> > > That’s because the timer has run down. You no longer are getting that times bonus. When you spend too long on a mission you get nothing.
> >
> > But if the timer ran out, why does it not stop giving me point for the mission entirely? Why does it start giving them normally at the last part?
> > Do the checkpoints also have a timer associated with them?
>
> Once you timer prevents you from earning any more points, you can’t earn anymore throughout the mission.
>
> Checkpoints don’t have a timer associated with them.

Yes and once you have unlocked an achievement in the game you can always inspect it and see what’s left.
That’s how the game is supposed to work.

Yet I can’t look at any of my achievements for the MCC, the game says I have 0% completion and I also sometimes get 0 points for kills in some part of some missions, for a while.
Which means something might be “broken”.

> 2535427838849776;17:
> > 2533274972430429;16:
> > > 2535427838849776;15:
> > > > 2533274972430429;14:
> > > > > 2535427838849776;13:
> > > > > > 2533274972430429;12:
> > > > > > > 2533274802196931;11:
> > > > > > > > 2535427838849776;10:
> > > > > > > > Certain missions just start giving me 0 points for kills or multi-kills. I can’t beat the par score on Forerunner because for half of the mission I get 0 points for kills.
> > > > > > > > It’s very weird…
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > That’s another thing, the par score system is entirely broken. As you said about getting zero points for kills, it’s possible to end up getting 0-10 points for killing a high-ranking Elite, but when you yourself die the score drops to -115, even on Easy mode.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > You get O after running way past the par time. Par score is linked to par time. After a while the game just stops giving you points due to how slow you are at completing the level.
> > > > >
> > > > > While that might be true, why do I then get 0 points at one point in the mission, but then get regular points at another?
> > > > >
> > > > > Let’s say I play Halo 4, Requiem.
> > > > > I get points normally for the first 2/4 of the mission. Then I randomly get 0 points for the 3/4 and then normally get points for the last part.
> > > >
> > > > That’s because the timer has run down. You no longer are getting that times bonus. When you spend too long on a mission you get nothing.
> > >
> > > But if the timer ran out, why does it not stop giving me point for the mission entirely? Why does it start giving them normally at the last part?
> > > Do the checkpoints also have a timer associated with them?
> >
> > Once you timer prevents you from earning any more points, you can’t earn anymore throughout the mission.
> >
> > Checkpoints don’t have a timer associated with them.
>
> Yes and once you have unlocked an achievement in the game you can always inspect it and see what’s left.
> That’s how the game is supposed to work.
>
> Yet I can’t look at any of my achievements for the MCC, the game says I have 0% completion and I also sometimes get 0 points for kills in some part of some missions, for a while.
> Which means something might be “broken”.

The achievements might not appear in game from time to time however you should be able to see them from the xbox menu. If not just preform a quick hard reset by holding down the power button for 10 seconds. Then let it boot up.

If you are getting 0 points in a mission either you have a negative multiplier skull on negating scoring or you took too long in the mission. So you might need to restart the mission.