Achievement glitch?

My friend and I were going for the “Don’t Touch That!” achievement. For those unaware, it is to prevent the other team from touching your flag during a 1-flag CTF match on a Defiant Map.

Here is the game in question.

Now, I got this achievement after an -Yoink–clenching tough match, but my friend did not even though we’re on the same team. How is that possible? We checked the rest of our team and they got the achievement also.

This is very strange and frankly pretty crap on my friend. What could cause this?

Do you mean, by it is still locked or it didn’t pop up. Because sometimes when I get achievement it doesn’t pop up but I still get the gamescore

He didn’t get it, as in it’s still locked.

A host migration or lag spikes tends to make the achievement impossible to get as it resets the flags location, which makes the game think it has been picked up.

> A host migration or lag spikes tends to make the achievement impossible to get as it resets the flags location, which makes the game think it has been picked up.

That would make sense if none of us got the achievement, but only one person was not given it. Although your explanation partially explains it, it doesn’t explain the strange behavior.

Thanks for the reply though. I don’t doubt that you’re correct, I just find it hard to get my head around. As you can imagine, it really annoyed my friend.

For whatever reason, that achievement in particular is incredibly picky. Unfortunately, you’re just gonna have to try again to help your friend get it. :confused:

> For whatever reason, that achievement in particular is incredibly picky. Unfortunately, you’re just gonna have to try again to help your friend get it. :confused:

This^^
Many have full party boosted this achievement and some have unlocked it while others in the same game didn’t.

What playlist are you in?

> > For whatever reason, that achievement in particular is incredibly picky. Unfortunately, you’re just gonna have to try again to help your friend get it. :confused:
>
> This^^
> Many have full party boosted this achievement and some have unlocked it while others in the same game didn’t.

Well, I got it even when the flag was touched on both rounds. No host migration, no one left either.

> What playlist are you in?

We were in Squad DLC.

Thanks for the comments guys. It sucks that the Anniversary achievements weren’t fun to get due to bad design. :frowning: