Accurate, Scaled Armor

I’d like to see Master Chief’s Mark V - Mark VI armor as an option in the armory. And have them be accurate to their original designs. No half–Yoinked!- designs like Halo 4s horrible abomination versions. Or H2As mutation armor.(which is Halo 4 armor just made to look more like Halo 2s.)

I want the option to look identical to Chief. No crocodile-skin, under-armor jumpsuits underneath little pieces of plastic looking armor. And armor that looks like its just floating on your body. If Reach did one thing right, they made the Mark V armor from HaloCE look believable. And Chiefs Mark VI armor is futuristic enough. We don’t need all these weirdo armor permutations that give no tactical advantage besides cutting your own hand while trying to put on your helmet.

I know this is a “nothing” issue, but after 4 games (CE-Reach) of great armor, halo 4 and halo 5 really need to get on the level.

I agree. 343’s art design, especially on armor, leaves much to be desired. The armor doesn’t even look like its attached to your body!

I thought H4’s multiplayer version of Mark VI was the best one so far.

> 2533274913936758;3:
> I thought H4’s multiplayer version of Mark VI was the best one so far.

Over Halo3? I can’t agree with that. But I will not pull the typical Waypoint response and belittle you for it.

My opinion is the HaloCE, Halo 3 armor is the best unchangeable armor so far. Halo 2 was good, in Halo 3 Bungie bulked Chief back up.

But the Mark V in Reach is the best base armor by far… Not too mention most of the armor looks like its actually attached (with the exception of some shoulder pieces).

I was really hoping that Halo 4 was gonna have the base Mark VI armor and have customization like Reach… would’ve been amazing. Halo 3’s armory was pretty decent though, just not enough options.

> 2535417871012327;4:
> > 2533274913936758;3:
> > I thought H4’s multiplayer version of Mark VI was the best one so far.
>
>
>
> Over Halo3? I can’t agree with that. But I will not pull the typical Waypoint response and belittle you for it.
>
> My opinion is the HaloCE, Halo 3 armor is the best unchangeable armor so far. Halo 2 was good, in Halo 3 Bungie bulked Chief back up.
>
> But the Mark V in Reach is the best base armor by far… Not too mention most of the armor looks like its actually attached (with the exception of some shoulder pieces).
>
> I was really hoping that Halo 4 was gonna have the base Mark VI armor and have customization like Reach… would’ve been amazing. Halo 3’s armory was pretty decent though, just not enough options.

Mark V in 3 was kinda weird and bulbous. Halo 4’s was worse. Reach nailed it pretty well, but it looks the most proportionate and right in CE itself.

Edit: Wait a minute, we’re talking about Mark VI. In that case it looks 100x better in Halo 3. The belt alone makes it look much more appealing, especially with black undersuits and the clean design style of the game

They aren’t going to go back to older designs. The universe is moving forward and just like how the armor in those games reflected the current gen of mjolnir at the time, 4+ focus on gen 2.

That said, I do agree that armor definitely needs to properly fit on the character. That said, 343 seems to have learned a bit.

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/screenshots/Halo5Guardians/halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-beta-empire-fireteam.jpg

These seem less floaty, and the crocodile skin thing of h4 is completely gone. Other than possibly texture stuff not looking as metalic as it should, it looks fairly decent to me.

Of course you’re still missing the belt people seem to love, and the coloured undersuit is still there (somehow, i don’t mind it on the h5 armor).

> 2533274964189700;6:
> They aren’t going to go back to older designs. The universe is moving forward and just like how the armor in those games reflected the current gen of mjolnir at the time, 4+ focus on gen 2.
>
> That said, I do agree that armor definitely needs to properly fit on the character. That said, 343 seems to have learned a bit.
>
> http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/screenshots/Halo5Guardians/halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-beta-empire-fireteam.jpg
> https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/U9IvCbGZHZINrf9iP-Dg69gPVww=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2446056/Halo-5-Guardians-Multiplayer-Beta-Empire-Overwatch.0.jpg
>
> These seem less floaty, and the crocodile skin thing of h4 is completely gone. Other than possibly texture stuff not looking as metalic as it should, it looks fairly decent to me.
>
> Of course you’re still missing the belt people seem to love, and the coloured undersuit is still there (somehow, i don’t mind it on the h5 armor).

The armors are looking better, I agree. From the beta, they returned to the more fuller and darker colors for the suits, which is great. They also cut a lot of the spike things that plagued Halo 4’s designs, which is also good. I just have a few pet peeves.

1. Random armor lines instead of clean ones like Halo 3 or Reach

2. No black undersuit, which helped contrast the armor colors and in my opinion made the armor look better

3. Still some floatiness going around

I say a combination of the less wacky desings of Halo 4 (Warrior and Soldier were okay) added to the grittiness of Reach armor, which is why I like Nightfall armor so much. It has pouches for ammo, it doesn’t have any wacky huge shoulder/collar bone armor, and it just looks all-around practical.

While I think they looks futuristic, they don’t look military, imo.

They should improve upon Reach’s armor design, imo.

> 2533274859193782;7:
> > 2533274964189700;6:
> > They aren’t going to go back to older designs. The universe is moving forward and just like how the armor in those games reflected the current gen of mjolnir at the time, 4+ focus on gen 2.
> >
> > That said, I do agree that armor definitely needs to properly fit on the character. That said, 343 seems to have learned a bit.
> >
> > http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/screenshots/Halo5Guardians/halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-beta-empire-fireteam.jpg
> > https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/U9IvCbGZHZINrf9iP-Dg69gPVww=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2446056/Halo-5-Guardians-Multiplayer-Beta-Empire-Overwatch.0.jpg
> >
> > These seem less floaty, and the crocodile skin thing of h4 is completely gone. Other than possibly texture stuff not looking as metalic as it should, it looks fairly decent to me.
> >
> > Of course you’re still missing the belt people seem to love, and the coloured undersuit is still there (somehow, i don’t mind it on the h5 armor).
>
>
> The armors are looking better, I agree. From the beta, they returned to the more fuller and darker colors for the suits, which is great. They also cut a lot of the spike things that plagued Halo 4’s designs, which is also good. I just have a few pet peeves.
>
> 1) Random armor lines instead of clean ones like Halo 3 or Reach
>
> 2) No black undersuit, which helped contrast the armor colors and in my opinion made the armor look better
>
> 3) Still some floatiness going around

Completely agree the colored under suit takes away from the overall look of the armor. And Urbane, I’m just talking about options for multiplayer, why can’t I have the option to wear the Chief’s armor from games past?

> 2533274859193782;5:
> > 2535417871012327;4:
> > > 2533274913936758;3:
> > > I thought H4’s multiplayer version of Mark VI was the best one so far.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Over Halo3? I can’t agree with that. But I will not pull the typical Waypoint response and belittle you for it.
> >
> > My opinion is the HaloCE, Halo 3 armor is the best unchangeable armor so far. Halo 2 was good, in Halo 3 Bungie bulked Chief back up.
> >
> > But the Mark V in Reach is the best base armor by far… Not too mention most of the armor looks like its actually attached (with the exception of some shoulder pieces).
> >
> > I was really hoping that Halo 4 was gonna have the base Mark VI armor and have customization like Reach… would’ve been amazing. Halo 3’s armory was pretty decent though, just not enough options.
>
>
> Mark V in 3 was kinda weird and bulbous. Halo 4’s was worse. Reach nailed it pretty well, but it looks the most proportionate and right in CE itself.
>
> Edit: Wait a minute, we’re talking about Mark VI. In that case it looks 100x better in Halo 3. The belt alone makes it look much more appealing, especially with black undersuits and the clean design style of the game

The MK VI armor in Halo 5 has the classic belt, so there you go.