Account Security Question

Alright, I have a few questions and requests.

Is the password for my Windows Live ID the same password I use for my gamertag? And when I change my ID password, my gamertag password changes too?

Is there some additional ways to make my Windows Live ID more secure? I heard you can link your cellphone to it?

Beyond that, any info would be much appreciated.

I’m just getting more motivated now because someone keeps threatening to pay someone to hack me on XBL, I don’t doubt that being a possibility because I do know he has friends that mod their accounts, and the solution is not just simply not playing with them, because it’s just one guy causing trouble in a group of 5 people that I’ve played with for over 5 years.

I obviously keep my email hidden and don’t give it out, and I refrain giving out personal information.

Soo… Any suggestions?

> Alright, I have a few questions and requests.
>
> Is the password for my Windows Live ID the same password I use for my gamertag? And when I change my ID password, my gamertag password changes too?

Your windows live ID is your microsoft stored password. Therefore, no, it would be your immediate messaging service related to Windows Live ID. This would just log you into various services over Xbox Live. It is not the password registered to your console, if you have one activated.

> Is there some additional ways to make my Windows Live ID more secure? I heard you can link your cellphone to it?

The less you utilize it, the better off you can be. Technically, you can link it to your phone, like you said, but I recommend just keeping it off when your not using it for some reason.

> I’m just getting more motivated now because someone keeps threatening to pay someone to hack me on XBL, I don’t doubt that being a possibility because I do know he has friends that mod their accounts, and the solution is not just simply not playing with them, because it’s just one guy causing trouble in a group of 5 people that I’ve played with for over 5 years.

There’s nothing you can do if someone honestly wants to get in to your Xbox at this time. All I can say is write down the gamertag and report it requesting all future communications with the gamertag terminated indefinitely.

> I obviously keep my email hidden and don’t give it out, and I refrain giving out personal information.

Keep your information locked up. As a security analyst, the less information you have on the global information grid for them to try and harass you with, the better…

I believe you have the first one wrong fire. The same password that logs me into Waypoint is the same passport that gets me into my xbox.com account that is my gamertag.
Your passport name and passport password associated with your GT is your @hotmail/@live login.

So is it just a wording thing on someone’s end?
Everything else, I agree. Digital criminals grab your data via their remote devices that read your digi-information within a few inches to even meters, depending on the tech. In the wireless world, it is currently the plains of Africa and nothing close to the domestication we are used to IRL.

> I believe you have the first one wrong fire. The same password that logs me into Waypoint is the same passport that gets me into my xbox.com account that is my gamertag.
> Your passport name and passport password associated with your GT is your @hotmail/@live login.

This is correct, the password for Waypoing, Xbox LIVE, and Microsoft account, are all the same password, trust me, I know I try to change my password at lest once or twice every two or three weeks.

Hacking is impossible without software, to be a hacker, you need to be a lonely 14 year old in your room who is a -Yoink- child. He’s probably just a loser trying to act cool. I’ve been threatened TONS of times, believe me. Just say calmly, “We’ll…we’re waiting, hack me!!!” Don’t get bullied by hackers, if they were to hack you, they wouldn’t tell you. If you a randomly going offline, someone is trying to DDoS,you,if you’ve met someone that threatens to, avoid them if you’ve played with them, this way they can’t match your ip, proven fact. For hackers, make about 2 passwords on your account, then make a child account, put 3 or 4’passwords, this way it will be less frustrating for you, and a hella lot more to them.

OK Kitty Litter

Thanks weird stealth, I thought that’s how it worked but I wanted to be sure.

And OK Kitty Litter, I don’t doubt his claims of being able to get someone to hack me, I just have confidence in my ability to recover my account, although I’m beginning to think the best way to make it more secure is change the email associated with my gamertag and keep it solely for my gamertag.

But additionally I just wanted to maximize my ability to recover my tag if need be. I don’t know if anyone can outright delete my tag to the point not even Microsoft can recover it…

This all has just made me want to learn as much as possible just to prevent stuff like this from happening and being prepared to fix them, and to maybe help others on the same subject.

@Sir boobington, Please PM me, give me the gamertag, and the very reason he quote quote, wants to “hack you” I’m just saying, 150$ for… how old is he? No kid at a young age could afford a jtag.

> I believe you have the first one wrong fire. The same password that logs me into Waypoint is the same passport that gets me into my xbox.com account that is my gamertag.

It says Windows Live ID, for both sites, when you log in for a reason Reaper. Secondly, Bungie.net utilizes the same login service. Your console can be setup for an additional Master password of sorts that is not included with Windows Live.

> Your passport name and passport password associated with your GT is your @hotmail/@live login.

This is not going to be the same as the console password unless you set it up as that. Like I said, the console has a setup which allows you to differentiate those passwords.