Accidental betrayel in Griffball, got kicked.

As the title already said, got kicked because of an accidental betrayel on Griffball, I mean come on guys, srsly, there are gravity hammers every where, it happens. You joined this gamemode knowing that. Kicking other players because of that in my opinion is absolutely unnecessary. Feels like soccer in real life where everybody is butt hurt when something happens they don’t want.
For the ones saying “must’ve happened quite often”. In my opinion 2 times in 5 minutes is not very often.
What’s your opinion about that?

I Know the feeling.

> 2533274853622530;1:
> As the title already said, got kicked because of an accidental betrayel on Griffball, I mean come on guys, srsly, there are gravity hammers every where, it happens. You joined this gamemode knowing that. Kicking other players because of that in my opinion is absolutely unnecessary. Feels like soccer in real life where everybody is butt hurt when something happens they don’t want.
> For the ones saying “must’ve happened quite often”. In my opinion 2 times in 5 minutes is not very often.
> What’s your opinion about that?

It takes three and I have very mixed feelings about it.

The problem is, if you remove betrayal boots from Grifball the griefing will be absolutely terrible. You’ll have -Yoinks!- who play specifically to betray you, knowing they won’t be punished.

All I can say is watch where you’re swinging, it’s not incredibly difficult to avoid bonking your teammates on the noggin. I’ve never gotten kicked from a game, so it’s not impossible.

I agree

> 2533274880633045;3:
> > 2533274853622530;1:
> > As the title already said, got kicked because of an accidental betrayel on Griffball, I mean come on guys, srsly, there are gravity hammers every where, it happens. You joined this gamemode knowing that. Kicking other players because of that in my opinion is absolutely unnecessary. Feels like soccer in real life where everybody is butt hurt when something happens they don’t want.
> > For the ones saying “must’ve happened quite often”. In my opinion 2 times in 5 minutes is not very often.
> > What’s your opinion about that?
>
>
> It takes three and I have very mixed feelings about it.

Even if it’s three. I mean it’s really hard to charge towards the carrier everybody swings at him. There are casualities :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2533274821761464;4:
> The problem is, if you remove betrayal boots from Grifball the griefing will be absolutely terrible. You’ll have -Yoinks!- who play specifically to betray you, knowing they won’t be punished.
>
> All I can say is watch where you’re swinging, it’s not incredibly difficult to avoid bonking your teammates on the noggin. I’ve never gotten kicked from a game, so it’s not impossible.

Well it just happened to me and I was wondering how you guys feel about it. I just sat there and thought like “wat”. Just weird. Especially in the map where everybody uses round pound. I know it’s not impossible, but just unnecessary to kick somebody because of that.

I didn’t know I could even get kicked. I will normally get in a argument with a teammate and we’ll betray each other until the match ends.

really it comes down to situational awareness, if you are getting three betrayals in a game hang back a bit, or flank. Every one rushing that same way only makes it easier for the other team to get it when the last man running up is trigger happy.

> 2533274842000648;9:
> really it comes down to situational awareness, if you are getting three betrayals in a game hang back a bit, or flank. Every one rushing that same way only makes it easier for the other team to get it when the last man running up is trigger happy.

So if the enemy has the ball and they’re very near to scoring on your side… but wait, your teammate is standing right next to them too, are you saying that both of you should ignore them and let them score? Personally I’d say both teammates should just hit them to hopefully stop them scoring. I even got a betrayal recently where I hammered an opponent but at the same time one of my teammates from a distance lunged at him with an energy sword… so I hit the teammate instead of the enemy. Betrayals happen, and a limit of 3 is way too little imo - I’d set it at around 6 at minimum if not closer to 10.

> 2533274821761464;4:
> The problem is, if you remove betrayal boots from Grifball the griefing will be absolutely terrible. You’ll have -Yoinks!- who play specifically to betray you, knowing they won’t be punished.
>
> All I can say is watch where you’re swinging, it’s not incredibly difficult to avoid bonking your teammates on the noggin. I’ve never gotten kicked from a game, so it’s not impossible.

I see what you are saying, but what we have now is people like me who avoid grifball because of the banhammer. It isn’t fun enough to risk a ban. I rarely get betrayal booted, but once you hit 343’s mysterious ban threshold (and when you do the server disconnects keep you there), you are on a razor’s edge. ANY slip up gets you a ban. Grifball isn’t worth it.

> 2533274940891980;10:
> > 2533274842000648;9:
> > really it comes down to situational awareness, if you are getting three betrayals in a game hang back a bit, or flank. Every one rushing that same way only makes it easier for the other team to get it when the last man running up is trigger happy.
>
>
> So if the enemy has the ball and they’re very near to scoring on your side… but wait, your teammate is standing right next to them too, are you saying that both of you should ignore them and let them score? Personally I’d say both teammates should just hit them to hopefully stop them scoring. I even got a betrayal recently where I hammered an opponent but at the same time one of my teammates from a distance lunged at him with an energy sword… so I hit the teammate instead of the enemy. Betrayals happen, and a limit of 3 is way too little imo - I’d set it at around 6 at minimum if not closer to 10.

I totally agree with you and that’s what happened to me in this case. Just got kicked because we tried to stop a about to score player and you hit the enemy but also hit an ally. It happens.

I thought they removed betrayal booting from Grifball since it was so common?

> 2535468812026872;11:
> > 2533274821761464;4:
> > The problem is, if you remove betrayal boots from Grifball the griefing will be absolutely terrible. You’ll have -Yoinks!- who play specifically to betray you, knowing they won’t be punished.
> >
> > All I can say is watch where you’re swinging, it’s not incredibly difficult to avoid bonking your teammates on the noggin. I’ve never gotten kicked from a game, so it’s not impossible.
>
>
> I see what you are saying, but what we have now is people like me who avoid grifball because of the banhammer. It isn’t fun enough to risk a ban. I rarely get betrayal booted, but once you hit 343’s mysterious ban threshold (and when you do the server disconnects keep you there), you are on a razor’s edge. ANY slip up gets you a ban. Grifball isn’t worth it.

Wow I didn’t even know that … so that’s very uncool. At least they should put that on hold in grifball. The betrayel count there because of accidents is above and beyond. How many teammates killed each other just by accident while I was playing it was quite high right before we tried to stop the enemy team from scoring.

> 2533274830929412;13:
> I thought they removed betrayal booting from Grifball since it was so common?

If they didn’t update it in the last 8 hours (when I got kicked) it is still there.

I remember Bravo saying they changed it so the likelihood of getting kicked for betrayals was greatly reduced. Three doesn’t really seem like a big change if that’s the real number.

Its definitely a problem! I feel sometimes people can accidently boot you though in the heat of the moment. Maybe a possible solution could be that you have to confirm before you boot someone? Cause atm it just says “mark the betrayer” and if you press A boom its done. If after you press A it asked “Are you sure?” maybe that might make a difference? But yeah I agree, I had scored 3 times and we were winning 4-1, my team booted me cause of the 3rd accidental betrayal :confused: Was pissed

It is fine IMO if anything maybe 4-5 betrayals. I mean I haven’t played as much as some the the true grif guys but I’ve played a lot n I rarely betray teammates. Even games I get like 40+ kills. Also your team should not kick just to kick.

> 2535414156422927;17:
> Its definitely a problem! I feel sometimes people can accidently boot you though in the heat of the moment. Maybe a possible solution could be that you have to confirm before you boot someone? Cause atm it just says “mark the betrayer” and if you press A boom its done. If after you press A it asked “Are you sure?” maybe that might make a difference? But yeah I agree, I had scored 3 times and we were winning 4-1, my team booted me cause of the 3rd accidental betrayal :confused: Was pissed

That might be what you said about being to caught in the game. The most button beside fire is jump that you use there … which is the same that confirms you getting kicked … so it kind of makes sense.