Absolutely Loving This Game After Getting It

I was very skeptical of Halo 5 and 343’s vision of nex-gen Halo. Prior to getting Halo 5, I read a lot on wikia and Waypoint, watched some videos on Youtube, and kept up with current news regarding the game. I will admit, it was very easy, and quite unfair to 343 and Halo 5, to jump on the negativity train created by a torn community (much like many gaming communities today). From what I saw, I didn’t like the fast-paced gameplay, the spartan abilities, and the new look of the game in general. I also complained about the lack of content Halo 5 had, even though I never actually owned or played the game.

Once I bought the game it was a different story. I saw Halo 5 at gamestop for $30, thought it was a decent deal, and decided I would try it out.

Here’s my take on the game thus far, 3 days in (NOTE: I haven’t played the campaign yet). This is my opinion and feel free to talk about anything I say.

THE GOOD

1. The gameplay is unbelievably smooth and refined. Halo 5 does play fast, but it uses this to its advantage. Sprint, clamber, and thrust give you the ability to go across a map in seconds, and allows you to reach high areas quickly and easily. Slayer for example, rarely lasts over 6 minutes, and this is good.

2. Halo 5 is the most balanced Halo to date. The weapons are unbelievably balanced. Every gun can kill if used at correct range and if used effectively. The assault rifle is very powerful at correct range, and I am happy to be able to finally use it as a serious weapon in a Halo game. Map guns are more effective, such as the BR and DMR, but the assault rifle and magnum can hold their own.

3. Assault rifle and magnum starts for slayer, with BR and DMR scattered throughout the map.

4. Guns spread throughout the map are more useful and needed than ever before. Albeit Halo 5 is perfectly balanced, map loadout weapons (BR, DMR) and power weapons (scattershot, shotgun, etc.) give the player a small advantage if used correctly. I like that power weapon use is emphasized and encouraged, and is what makes Halo, “Halo”.

5. Breakout is incredibly fun and challenging. I love this new game type. Most games I play are very close. Puts an emphasis on teamwork and really improves your skills. Jeff calling out “1 on 2” is very helpful. 5 rounds to win is a good amount.

6. Great connection and almost no lag. Dedicated servers are awesome!

7. Population is not an issue, finding games in less than 30 seconds and finding different players.

8. Halo 5 looks bright, detailed, and all-around awesome at 60 fps. Halo has never looked so good.

9. REQ system is rewarding and gives you something to play for.

THE BAD

1. Infection is not as fun as in 3 or Reach. It is way too easy to kill the zombies. The maps and infected look great though.

2. Some weapons, and spartan charge, are a little overpowered (incineration cannon, binary rifle).

3. Warzone is not as fun as I thought it would be. I think the more I play and learn I will warm up to it.

Summary (TLDR): Overall, Halo 5 is the best looking, most-balanced, and most competitive Halo yet, in my opinion. The game works great, I have no trouble finding games, and, 7 months after launch, the amount of content is sufficient and I have plenty of things to do. Some of the social playlists are not quite as good as they were in the past, but they are still fun to an extent.

Glad you like it. Since you haven’t played campaign yet, I recommend you find a friend or a group of friends to play though it with you because it was designed for co-op. As far as multiplayer goes, what’s your favorite playlist?

> 2533274978553590;2:
> Glad you like it. Since you haven’t played campaign yet, I recommend you find a friend or a group of friends to play though it with you because it was designed for co-op. As far as multiplayer goes, what’s your favorite playlist?

Thanks! I have a friend that has Halo 5 and I might do the campaign with him, thanks for the advice.

For my favorite playlist, I would have to say breakout because it is challenging and requires a good amount of teamwork. I have never played anything like it in a Halo game and I really enjoy playing it!

What is your favorite playlist?

The REQ system can be a little annoying, but at the same time that feeling when you unlock the Wrath helmet AND Halo 2 BR at the same time just feels like…like…idk

> 2533274931680884;3:
> > 2533274978553590;2:
> > Glad you like it. Since you haven’t played campaign yet, I recommend you find a friend or a group of friends to play though it with you because it was designed for co-op. As far as multiplayer goes, what’s your favorite playlist?
>
>
> Thanks! I have a friend that has Halo 5 and I might do the campaign with him, thanks for the advice.
>
> For my favorite playlist, I would have to say breakout because it is challenging and requires a good amount of teamwork. I have never played anything like it in a Halo game and I really enjoy playing it!
>
> What is your favorite playlist?

I like Big Team Battle the most. 4 vs 4 playlists are too cramped for me, and 12 vs 12 warzone has a number of things I don’t like, but BTB is just right. One of my most favorite things about this game is theater mode, I love to go there and relive awesome moments and save them with the DVR.

> 2533274978553590;5:
> > 2533274931680884;3:
> > > 2533274978553590;2:
> > > Glad you like it. Since you haven’t played campaign yet, I recommend you find a friend or a group of friends to play though it with you because it was designed for co-op. As far as multiplayer goes, what’s your favorite playlist?
> >
> >
> > Thanks! I have a friend that has Halo 5 and I might do the campaign with him, thanks for the advice.
> >
> > For my favorite playlist, I would have to say breakout because it is challenging and requires a good amount of teamwork. I have never played anything like it in a Halo game and I really enjoy playing it!
> >
> > What is your favorite playlist?
>
>
> I like Big Team Battle the most. 4 vs 4 playlists are too cramped for me, and 12 vs 12 warzone has a number of things I don’t like, but BTB is just right. One of my most favorite things about this game is theater mode, I love to go there and relive awesome moments and save them with the DVR.

Can’t go wrong with that. I loved BTB in Reach and 4 and I haven’t tried it out in Halo 5 yet. Definitely something I need to try soon.

If you want to add my gamer tag “gio206” I’ll give you one of my phaeton helios so you can fully enjoy Warzone :slight_smile: Lol

> 2533274931680884;6:
> > 2533274978553590;5:
> > > 2533274931680884;3:
> > > > 2533274978553590;2:
> > > > Glad you like it. Since you haven’t played campaign yet, I recommend you find a friend or a group of friends to play though it with you because it was designed for co-op. As far as multiplayer goes, what’s your favorite playlist?
> > >
> > >
> > > Thanks! I have a friend that has Halo 5 and I might do the campaign with him, thanks for the advice.
> > >
> > > For my favorite playlist, I would have to say breakout because it is challenging and requires a good amount of teamwork. I have never played anything like it in a Halo game and I really enjoy playing it!
> > >
> > > What is your favorite playlist?
> >
> >
> > I like Big Team Battle the most. 4 vs 4 playlists are too cramped for me, and 12 vs 12 warzone has a number of things I don’t like, but BTB is just right. One of my most favorite things about this game is theater mode, I love to go there and relive awesome moments and save them with the DVR.
>
>
> Can’t go wrong with that. I loved BTB in Reach and 4 and I haven’t tried it out in Halo 5 yet. Definitely something I need to try soon.

If you do, keep an eye out for the gungoose. It’s so much fun to use, and absolutely deadly as long as you don’t get reckless with it.

> 2535434455150681;7:
> If you want to add my gamer tag “gio206” I’ll give you one of my phaeton helios so you can fully enjoy Warzone :slight_smile: Lol

Thanks I might just take you up on that lol :slight_smile:

Too bad I have no idea what a phaeton is haha. I think it is some kind of aerial vehicle.

> 2533274978553590;8:
> > 2533274931680884;6:
> > > 2533274978553590;5:
> > > > 2533274931680884;3:
> > > > > 2533274978553590;2:
> > > > > Glad you like it. Since you haven’t played campaign yet, I recommend you find a friend or a group of friends to play though it with you because it was designed for co-op. As far as multiplayer goes, what’s your favorite playlist?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Thanks! I have a friend that has Halo 5 and I might do the campaign with him, thanks for the advice.
> > > >
> > > > For my favorite playlist, I would have to say breakout because it is challenging and requires a good amount of teamwork. I have never played anything like it in a Halo game and I really enjoy playing it!
> > > >
> > > > What is your favorite playlist?
> > >
> > >
> > > I like Big Team Battle the most. 4 vs 4 playlists are too cramped for me, and 12 vs 12 warzone has a number of things I don’t like, but BTB is just right. One of my most favorite things about this game is theater mode, I love to go there and relive awesome moments and save them with the DVR.
> >
> >
> > Can’t go wrong with that. I loved BTB in Reach and 4 and I haven’t tried it out in Halo 5 yet. Definitely something I need to try soon.
>
>
> If you do, keep an eye out for the gungoose. It’s so much fun to use, and absolutely deadly as long as you don’t get reckless with it.

I have been selling all of my mongoose REQs but I did keep the gungoose ones because it sounds like a pretty cool idea. Glad I did! I definitely need to use some of my REQs to get the most out of warzone.

Also it will be a lot of fun to use in big team I bet too.

> 2533274931680884;9:
> > 2535434455150681;7:
> > If you want to add my gamer tag “gio206” I’ll give you one of my phaeton helios so you can fully enjoy Warzone :slight_smile: Lol
>
>
> Thanks I might just take you up on that lol :slight_smile:
>
> Too bad I have no idea what a phaeton is haha. I think it is some kind of aerial vehicle.

Yeah add me I love giving newbies on my team mythic reqs so they can own the pros on the enemy team Lol!

I used to hate Warzone and would always play Warzone Assault instead. I gave it another shot when Warzone Turbo was out. Just messing around with all my good REQs early made me more familiar to how things work in Warzone. So, now I love playing Warzone. I disagree about zombies being easier to kill, though. I can remember fondly of being destroyed in Swordbase with spartans and their pistols in Reach. Also the Battle Rifle getting easy kills in Standoff, Orbital and that Haunted house forge map in Halo 3. Hell, even the worst pistol in all of Halo games (Halo 3) was effective in Infection.

> 2533274953623784;4:
> The REQ system can be a little annoying, but at the same time that feeling when you unlock the Wrath helmet AND Halo 2 BR at the same time just feels like…like…idk

just getting a mythic makes me feel invincible to anything not fazed at alllll…

I thought legendary was the highest REQ…i guess not lol can you only get those in gold packs?

Also, I have been opening bronze packs, when should I move on to silver?

I agree this game is good however it’s campaign is -Yoink- and there are little playlists and the UI is awful

> 2533274931680884;14:
> I thought legendary was the highest REQ…i guess not lol can you only get those in gold packs?
>
> Also, I have been opening bronze packs, when should I move on to silver?

Some say go for Bronze until you have all the commons unlocked. The problem with that is everyone else has Lincoln Logs while your playing with Pixie Sticks…lol. I started with Bronze and wasn’t getting anywhere too quick so I switched to Silvers so I could unlock better toys to play with.

> 2533274843446007;16:
> > 2533274931680884;14:
> > I thought legendary was the highest REQ…i guess not lol can you only get those in gold packs?
> >
> > Also, I have been opening bronze packs, when should I move on to silver?
>
>
> Some say go for Bronze until you have all the commons unlocked. The problem with that is everyone else has Lincoln Logs while your playing with Pixie Sticks…lol. I started with Bronze and wasn’t getting anywhere too quick so I switched to Silvers so I could unlock better toys to play with.

I ended up sticking with bronze. I have only around 15 more common unlocks then moving to silver!!!

Thanks for the advise though.

Can’t argue with any of your points man, halo 5 is great. Probably 1 or 2 on my all time favorite list and I’ve played them all. The UI can be a little broken but people make a bigger deal out of it than it really is because they’re looking for something to criticize. Campaign isnt the best but I still enjoyed it overall.

Oh and my favorite game modes are free for all and slayer.

Personally I love warzone assault so much.