Absolutely loved the beta.. Here's what I'd change

I truly loved the H5 beta. It was a true breathe of fresh air and I miss it already. But aside from the obvious glitches, here’s some things off the top of my head that I would change for gameplay. I’ll add some more things in the thread as I remember more. But here it goes.

Smart Scope -
343i was right, its not ADS. So thats not my beef with it. I have been using the Halo 4 controls so it feels the same as the normal scope for me. But I’ve read on the forum that with the default setting, it scopes back in when descoped if your holding the trigger. That’s not good, it’s probably what is creating all of these absurd CoD comparisons. Anyways, They need to simply fix it so that the player using the left trigger to scope must fully let go of the trigger before scoping back in once descoped. Make it Halo

Flinch - It just needs to go. Period.

Spartan Charge (and a little bit of Sprint feedback) -
Spartan Charge should not be initiated with the Melee button, simply make it a different button… You can’t have 1 button perform 3 different actions while sprinting. The melee/assassination combo works. You just tap it or hold it. Spartan Charge usually goes off when you don’t want it to, and that’s where my only real feedback for sprint comes in. You can go from sprinting to shooting almost instantly, even in Halo 4 the pause was longer. That’s how it should be in H5 to further cripple players sprinting too much. Making this pause longer would allow the Spartan Charge to be activated with the normal firing trigger since it really has no purpose when sprinting anyway.

On a side note, I still never understood the damage of the Spartan Charge. It seems to either kill the opponent or not from any angle. If anyone could explain it to me better, i’d appreciate it.

Fully custom controls options -
After 20 years, can we please finally get this?

Killcam - i don’t care if it exists, but i dont want it. I’d like to have the option to turn it off.

That’s all i have time to list right now. But it’s a good start.

To make it work for spartan charge, They could shove it to granade button because you can’t use them while you sprint.

> 2533274868062286;2:
> To make it work for spartan charge, They could shove it to granade button because you can’t use them while you sprint.

That would work as well

Be sure to check out some of my feedback. It is very similar.

Link: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/feedback-what-the-community-wants-for-halo-5/0221ee7f-da5a-4a1d-905c-06bc5d8ec6b1/posts

I agree with your points on the beta. Especially the custom button mapping (why should any developer limit how someone plays their game?).

Spartan Charge as is needs to be tweaked - it eliminates the fluidity of sprinting and meleeing am opponent, as in all of my experience in the beta, it was more useful to use the standard melee. Not only did this hurt assassination attempts, but it also provided an interesting downside - more often than not, a player charging would be penalized. Two melee hits during the charge would be enough for the enemy to win, and the animation duration took way too long. So it should either be an extension of the forward thrust, or at least re mapped in favor of a standard melee.

The only direct hits that would be instant kills were from the back. Otherwise, the shields would pop, and while the player is getting out of the animation, the wounded foe would have plenty of time to escape or kill the charger.

> 2533274922858087;4:
> Be sure to check out some of my feedback. It is very similar.
>
> Link: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/feedback-what-the-community-wants-for-halo-5/0221ee7f-da5a-4a1d-905c-06bc5d8ec6b1/posts

Good read. Thanks :slight_smile:

> 2535458386964330;5:
> I agree with your points on the beta. Especially the custom button mapping (why should any developer limit how someone plays their game?).
>
> Spartan Charge as is needs to be tweaked - it eliminates the fluidity of sprinting and meleeing am opponent, as in all of my experience in the beta, it was more useful to use the standard melee. Not only did this hurt assassination attempts, but it also provided an interesting downside - more often than not, a player charging would be penalized. Two melee hits during the charge would be enough for the enemy to win, and the animation duration took way too long. So it should either be an extension of the forward thrust, or at least re mapped in favor of a standard melee.
>
> The only direct hits that would be instant kills were from the back. Otherwise, the shields would pop, and while the player is getting out of the animation, the wounded foe would have plenty of time to escape or kill the charger.

It must have just been glitchy during the beta then because I’ve been killed by the spartan charge head first quite a few times with full shields, and vice versa. That’s why I was using it more as a “free” thrust

> 2533274819002902;1:
> …
> Fully custom controls options -
> After 20 years, can we please finally get this?
> …

yep. 100% agree