Absence of the BR in ODST?

Outside of the realm of gameplay (you have scoped silenced SMG and Mag), is their an official explanation why there aren’t any BRs laying around in New Mombasa? Surely there would be more lying around (if not in ammo crates/shelves). None of the marines have any as well, which i found quite odd because many them used them during the Battle of New Mombasa.

Some of these things you sort of have to imagine they’re there because sandbox and gameplay. Like we have to assume that in Halo Reach that the covenant had carbines but, you just never saw them. Some things in gameplay sacrifice things in story but, you know they reside.

Bungie excluded the BR from ODST because there were other weapons that filled its niche. Plus, the BR was unbalanced.

with SMG and Magnum I dont care, BR looked like -Yoink- compared to those weapons

> with SMG and Magnum I dont care, BR looked like Yoink! compared to those weapons

The pistol in ODST was kick -Yoink-. I would love to have that thing in another Halo game’s sandbox, or even just a weapon secluded to custom in another Halo.

the BR is in ODST btw…

look on youtube

One marine have a BR

1. Marines that spawned with magnums spawned with the silenced variant. Disappointing no doubt. How does one explain that? Isn’t the silenced magnum supposed to be issued to ODSTs?
  2. On the other hand, the BR wasn’t included because they wanted the player to get immersed in the game. The way they added the silenced magnum and smg was well done. In Reach, you were forced to use the DMR because the pistol sucks and most weapons generally aren’t good. Most of the time, you would swap your primary and/or secondary weapon for a DMR, power weapon, plasma pistol, etc. In ODST, there’s a lot of resemblance to the CE weapon balance and variety. I didn’t need to discard the magnum or SMG.
  3. This.

> the BR is in ODST btw…
>
> look on youtube
>
> One marine have a BR

if they added a BR it wuld make this game to easy expecially firefight like endure and legendary campagin didnt you find yourself running out of ammo fast with the SMG and pullling out whatever secondary you had i been in tons of those situations thats what bungie wanted i think to not rely on a powerful weapon like a BR.

ODST was about making you use the entire sandbox, rather than focusing on a one weapon fits all utility weapon.

You can see one in a cutscene, I believe.

To answer your question; no, I aside from gameplay reasons there is no reasons according to cannon as to why there weren’t any BR’s (or why there were so few).

BR + Firefight = Too many Grunt 3 for 1’s

Honestly speaking, the lack of a dominating Utility Weapon like the Battle Rifle in ODST made this game much more challenging and enjoyable for me. Never have I felt so accomplished wielding the Brute Plasma Rifle once again…

<3

All things considered, the BR was a ‘specialized’ weapon. The standard weapon of choice for the UNSC Marine Corps. was the Assault Rifle. iirc, In Amber Clad was the only UNSC ship that had troops in operation in New Mombasa, so most (if not all) of the UNSC personal returned to the ship before the city went ‘boom’, so that would probably explain the lack of BRs.

I think they were setting up Reach by not having the BR in the game.

They also tested how the community would respond to health packs, which were a general success!

I firmly believe from a canon stand point, it could simply be explained that “After the Carrier jumped the emp caused all the electronics to fry in the Battle Rifles that were in New Mombassa.” or “the local militia army was destroyed by the Covenant at that point, only a few members left from the 405th had the BR’s issued.” etc…

> Some of these things you sort of have to imagine they’re there because sandbox and gameplay. Like we have to assume that in Halo Reach that the covenant had carbines but, you just never saw them. Some things in gameplay sacrifice things in story but, you know they reside.

Reach is a Pre-quel? Carbine was not invented by the Covenant yet?

Needle Rifle=Early Carbine
DMR= Early BR

It’s there just hidden.

carbine is in halo wars so is the beam rifle yes it was invented.

> The BR is in ODST btw…
>
> Look on Youtube.
>
> One marine has a BR.