About Warzone 2.0

So, 343I did mention during testing flights they would have it would be possibly having a Warzone 2.0?
Well I personally am not 100% sure if that’s confirmed, but if so, 343I I beg you you bring elements that classic fans like while adding newer ones.
I would like Warzone to see an Invasion Style gameplay adding a Dominion Elements into it.

In case you don’t remember what Dominion was it was a gametype in Halo 4 which was like Territories. However the longer you held a base the more fortified with barriers and cover and TURRETS!

Invasion is from Halo Reach which was and Elite vs. Spartan Mode where they’d clash to force each other back. Eventually leading to retrieving the data module.

I think what Warzone has done so far definitely was a step in a right direction, but I think the Pay to Win ruined it a bit. However ignoring that, because that’s not the topic what would you think if they combined this fantastic modes all together? And perhaps calling it Warzone Invasion instead of having that Warzone Assault?

Here is what I would consider a great warzone experience:

Warzone
-Same objective gameplay we have currently, for the most part; Capture bases, kill enemies, and try to blow up enemy core. Only things needing change is to make sure the losing team when the core is exposed gets some kind of buff like faster req charge time, stronger defending AI, auto turrets, actual base defenses, etc. Additionally, making sure core bases dont have a single bottleneck, make sure players have more than one way out!
Warzone Assault
-Get rid of current version. See Warzone Invasion
Warzone Firefight
-Could leave this as-is. Maybe make more like ODST/Reach versions of the gametype.
Warzone Invasion
-Unique set of maps that are not edits of existing standard Warzone maps. One team attacks, the other team defends. Add a whole new set of reqs to play that are not weapons, but rather different player models that have their own attributes, such as playing as grunts, marines, prometheans, etc.
-Make sure teams switch out and the end of a round at least once per match with the true winner being the higher score value of the 2, even if both teams failed or succeeded in the objective(s).
-Best formula would probably have one team as spartans and the other team as the invading force, whatever that may be. Lots of possibilities here. Particularly if the Flood were to return.
-Species/class reqs are limited to the invading force. Could do a map that uses all of the possibilities for fun, kind of like a Turbo variant.
-Flood(Infection form, combat form, carrier form, pure forms, forms seen in Halo Wars 1 and 2, flood controlled vehicles, etc)
-Banished(Brute rank set, Sangheili rank set, Grunt rank set, Jackal rank set, Hunter rank set, banished vehicles, etc)
-Forerunner(crawler rank set, watcher rank set, soldier rank set, knight rank set, vehicles, etc)

That’s a lot of potential req cards, 343. coughmoneycough

> 2533274816257608;2:
> Here is what I would consider a great warzone experience:
>
> Warzone-Same objective gameplay we have currently, for the most part; Capture bases, kill enemies, and try to blow up enemy core. Only things needing change is to make sure the losing team when the core is exposed gets some kind of buff like faster req charge time, stronger defending AI, auto turrets, actual base defenses, etc. Additionally, making sure core bases dont have a single bottleneck, make sure players have more than one way out!
> Warzone Assault-Get rid of current version. See Warzone Invasion
> Warzone Firefight-Could leave this as-is. Maybe make more like ODST/Reach versions of the gametype.
> Warzone Invasion -Unique set of maps that are not edits of existing standard Warzone maps. One team attacks, the other team defends. Add a whole new set of reqs to play that are not weapons, but rather different player models that have their own attributes, such as playing as grunts, marines, prometheans, etc.
> -Make sure teams switch out and the end of a round at least once per match with the true winner being the higher score value of the 2, even if both teams failed or succeeded in the objective(s).
> -Best formula would probably have one team as spartans and the other team as the invading force, whatever that may be. Lots of possibilities here. Particularly if the Flood were to return.
> -Species/class reqs are limited to the invading force. Could do a map that uses all of the possibilities for fun, kind of like a Turbo variant.
> -Flood(Infection form, combat form, carrier form, pure forms, forms seen in Halo Wars 1 and 2, flood controlled vehicles, etc)
> -Banished(Brute rank set, Sangheili rank set, Grunt rank set, Jackal rank set, Hunter rank set, banished vehicles, etc)
> -Forerunner(crawler rank set, watcher rank set, soldier rank set, knight rank set, vehicles, etc)
>
> That’s a lot of potential req cards, 343. coughmoneycough

Your Warzone: Invasion Mode is a -Yoinking!- great Idea! x’DD Would be surely Epic… :heart_eyes:
I’m all for that. :'D

> 2533274816257608;2:
>
> Warzone-Same objective gameplay we have currently, for the most part; Capture bases, kill enemies, and try to blow up enemy core. Only things needing change is to make sure the losing team when the core is exposed gets some kind of buff like faster req charge time, stronger defending AI, auto turrets, actual base defenses, etc. Additionally, making sure core bases dont have a single bottleneck, make sure players have more than one way out!
> Warzone Firefight-Could leave this as-is. Maybe make more like ODST/Reach versions of the gametype.
> Warzone Invasion -Unique set of maps that are not edits of existing standard Warzone maps. One team attacks, the other team defends. Add a whole new set of reqs to play that are not weapons, but rather different player models that have their own attributes, such as playing as grunts, marines, prometheans, etc.
> -Make sure teams switch out and the end of a round at least once per match with the true winner being the higher score value of the 2, even if both teams failed or succeeded in the objective(s).
> -Best formula would probably have one team as spartans and the other team as the invading force, whatever that may be. Lots of possibilities here. Particularly if the Flood were to return.
> -Species/class reqs are limited to the invading force. Could do a map that uses all of the possibilities for fun, kind of like a Turbo variant.
> -Flood(Infection form, combat form, carrier form, pure forms, forms seen in Halo Wars 1 and 2, flood controlled vehicles, etc)
> -Banished(Brute rank set, Sangheili rank set, Grunt rank set, Jackal rank set, Hunter rank set, banished vehicles, etc)
> -Forerunner(crawler rank set, watcher rank set, soldier rank set, knight rank set, vehicles, etc)
>

Dude you’ve really put some thought into this. I think this isn’t out of reach nor is it something we’d wouldn’t want. I’d be palying Warzone all the time if we had this :smiley: Your idea’s are amazing.

I’m all for a Warzone Invasion but I’m wary of the budget and work that’ll be needed for it. Then again, I don’t think any of us were expecting something like Warzone in the first place so maybe 343 can surprise us.

Mainly, I want the REQ system to be tweaked where it doesn’t turn games into filling the skies with Wasps and Banshees while the roads were clogged with Scorpions, Wraiths, and Mantis’s to pummel the other team into submission with the outposts and objectives just happening to be in the way of that. Other than that, I’d like more to be done with the outposts. Maybe give them those defense turrets like in Dominion or something else to make them a little tougher to crack and keep them from being the farm zones they can turn out to be. Maybe something can be done with the AI enemies as well; I feel like the big, high-point boss being thrown in the middle or multiple, small-point bosses on the teams’ typical “zone” of control may not be the answer.

Otherwise, just a general hope for better and a larger number of maps. Now that we have Warzone, I’d like to see more of a focus on map design and ideas to make the battles flow better. When you only half a dozen main maps with any others being variants of those maps, its natural that one or two won’t be liked while the others just get boring when you only have three or four that you like.

While I’m a fan of classic warzone and I started of the playing halo as a warzone player yes I’m late to the show lol but I’ve played some of reach and 4 but I really got into 5

Anyways like I said I started off as a warzone guy the but I got really into sweaty ranked so I’d like these at least one of two ideas to be taken into consideration

1. arena style warzone
    does anyone remember warzone when the servers wouldn’t let anyone in the game to excess their reqs and the actually had to take down bosses to get let’s say a sword or a incineration cannon or something I’d like something like that to become a playlist but you req in armor mode and unsc standard weapons like normal

main points

• req out unsc weapons like normal such as br dmr smg and armor mods
  • no crazy weapons like nornfang whiplash ect
  • scavenge weapons from bosses to turn the battle to
  • only two or three vehicles per side

to often do I see people ignore bosses it should be a team effort to get the weapons plus it wouldn’t be completely overpowered compared to regular warzone

1. classic style warzone
    same as warzone but none of the completely overpowered stuff like the answer, whiplash ( ridiculous shouldn’t be a req 4), banshee ultra

just the classic version of each req like basic sniper basic wraith basic tank

Alsi really important change how mmr works in social especially for solo queing players like myself just because I can get kills don’t give me brain dead team m8 while the other team get decent players one or two players can’t and will not carry a team of stupid team m8 I’m so tired of it

If im a good player and I’m searching don’t give other team decent players who know a little while I get idiot teammates who run me over with a ghost while I got cam with a whiplash and the answer omg happens so much I died and I was carrying

if im a good player balance out the team give the other team a good player or two don’t just give me dum team mates. Or if I’m searching with two or theee people who are good give the other team two or three good players it’s not fair that I get blown out for being a good player while my team m8s are dum I get teammates who camp inside of fortress then let it get captured while they are camping in there

next put a better come back machanic in the game doesn’t make sense that a team that is clearly better than the other team is getting reqs faster you should reward the losing team for being worse just like fighting games they give a come back machanic to give the losing side a chance it shouldn’t be the losing side is losing by 2 or 300 points and both teams are in the same req lvs that doesn’t make sense if the other team is already proving they are better why are you keeping the match the same give the losing team faster reqs or let them recharge slightly faster

> 2533274867552438;1:
> So, 343I did mention during testing flights they would have it would be possibly having a Warzone 2.0?

Do you have a link?

> 2727626560040591;7:
> > 2533274867552438;1:
> > So, 343I did mention during testing flights they would have it would be possibly having a Warzone 2.0?
>
> Do you have a link?

I said later on I’m not 100% for sure. I forget where I saw this. I actually think it was during the announcement of Infinite on the News. I’ll have to find it, but either way the rumor is still spreading around. It might be just that, a rumor.

Their maps were awful for vehicles, I hope that is fixed for the next Halo if Warzone is in it. It was so easy to hijack a vechile or kill it. It sucked the fun out of vehicles.

> 2533274816257608;2:
>
>

Warzone Invasion sounds good. I disagree with the “invading force” idea a bit. I’d personally just prefer playable elites and the other things can be AI.

If Warzone does return I really hope they divorce player customization from it and scale back the MTX nature of it. Also, I think it would be much better to not have the exact same bases (both models AND layouts) for every single map. It definitely hurt my enjoyment of the mode. Lastly, cut back on the re-skinned armor and weapons, holy cow!

I find it odd that anyone would say they don’t want to play as a grunt, hunter, jackal, etc

I think Warzone is an inherently flawed gamemode, largely because its sole purpose is to justify the inclusion of micro-transactions, making it the least inspired of Halo’s tertiary offerings, but also because of how that purpose manifests itself within the gameplay loop.

I gave numerous iterations of Warzone a try, all of which devolved into tank / aerial vehicle spam against the bullet sponging ‘boss’; the only difference being whether some of the tanks would occasionally shoot at you or not. The mode reverts to a more casual arcade like experience that Firefight once filled, but grows stale even more quickly than that mode did thanks to its lack of custom game options and smaller pool of maps; and for as weak as I thought the Spartan Ops experience was, it at least offered some situational variety and a further look into the lore, while Warzone does neither.

I’d much prefer that Warzone get the boot to be replaced by an improved Firefight, with expansive maps and hidden story elements to increase replay value and help compensate for the Campaigns tighter narrative focus, while the ‘big’ mode assets are given to revamping Invasion with the return of playable Elites.

I would like to see weapon and vehicle variants return to infinite. It is really something that makes the gameplay more challenging and testing.

> 2533274816257608;2:
>
>

YES! Completely agree. Except for REQ packs. Keep that GAMBLING AWAY FROM HALO. I don’t care if there’s microtransactions (I’ll be pissed if it affects gameplay, but not as much as if it’s gambling like with REQ packs), just no loot boxes, plz! Also, I hope we get classic gameplay back! PLZ 343i, stop ignoring an entire HALF of your fanbase! Just because IGN is in bed with you doesn’t mean everyone else is!

> 2533274856300271;9:
> Their maps were awful for vehicles, I hope that is fixed for the next Halo if Warzone is in it. It was so easy to hijack a vechile or kill it. It sucked the fun out of vehicles.

I didn’t find the map layout the problem, I found how you spawned in a vehicle did. I would get destroyed before I even took control alot.

> 2533274867552438;15:
> > 2533274856300271;9:
> > Their maps were awful for vehicles, I hope that is fixed for the next Halo if Warzone is in it. It was so easy to hijack a vechile or kill it. It sucked the fun out of vehicles.
>
> I didn’t find the map layout the problem, I found how you spawned in a vehicle did. I would get destroyed before I even took control alot.

They were all the same and predictable, except the sanghelios map.

> 2533274856300271;16:
> > 2533274867552438;15:
> > > 2533274856300271;9:
> > > Their maps were awful for vehicles, I hope that is fixed for the next Halo if Warzone is in it. It was so easy to hijack a vechile or kill it. It sucked the fun out of vehicles.
> >
> > I didn’t find the map layout the problem, I found how you spawned in a vehicle did. I would get destroyed before I even took control alot.
>
> They were all the same and predictable, except the sanghelios map.

True dat. I am hoping the new few have a bit larger space and maybe some smaller maps. So like ones where vehicles make more sense to have, while other maps make sense to be on foot. If they are going back to original style of maps partially we could potentially see very wide and open maps with hills and what not that would support vehicles at their best. Kinda like Avalanche from Halo 3.

> 2693447455717420;5:
> I’m all for a Warzone Invasion but I’m wary of the budget and work that’ll be needed for it. Then again, I don’t think any of us were expecting something like Warzone in the first place so maybe 343 can surprise us.
>
> Mainly, I want the REQ system to be tweaked where it doesn’t turn games into filling the skies with Wasps and Banshees while the roads were clogged with Scorpions, Wraiths, and Mantis’s to pummel the other team into submission with the outposts and objectives just happening to be in the way of that. Other than that, I’d like more to be done with the outposts. Maybe give them those defense turrets like in Dominion or something else to make them a little tougher to crack and keep them from being the farm zones they can turn out to be. Maybe something can be done with the AI enemies as well; I feel like the big, high-point boss being thrown in the middle or multiple, small-point bosses on the teams’ typical “zone” of control may not be the answer.
>
> Otherwise, just a general hope for better and a larger number of maps. Now that we have Warzone, I’d like to see more of a focus on map design and ideas to make the battles flow better. When you only half a dozen main maps with any others being variants of those maps, its natural that one or two won’t be liked while the others just get boring when you only have three or four that you like.

That’s why I am suggestion the idea of Dominion and Invasion to be combined. Invasion tiers would limit how many heavy things are at the start of the battle. While Dominion can be use to set up defenses for things like this. I don’t mind the REQs but they definitely need to be adjusted. I personally think all Default Reqs should always be made available when the tiers are available. But maybe make it where only a few can spawn with a certain type of weapon so everyone isn’t just using the same REQ. STWBF2 has something like that we’re you can only be a certain class so many times in a single match if there’s is so many players using that class.

I am surprised that there isn’t more chatter about Warzone for Infinite.

Warzone is cool and all. I personally would like to see a proper Big Team Battle return. Halo 3 style! Big Team Batgle has pretty much shrunk to Halo 3 regular slayer size.

And that is sad. Hornets, Scorpions, Banshees, and Wraiths need to return in Halo Infinite Big Team Battle