About time to make Halo Wars DLC free?

It’s been posted before but still, might as well make the DLC free now? I don’t see why anyone would pay anything anymore for them, never mind 800MS points for each one when the only way they are going to be able to get a game in the maps or mode is by playing offline or with friend.
People who have brought the DLC can’t even get in a game, atleast by making it free they would be able to make use of what they paid for,even though they would have wasted there money at at least they will have more chance in getting in a game with it. It also might keep players interested with the use of new maps. Might as well make them free now while there is actually still a few thousand population online that play seeing as though the chances are that the population is going to go right down when next gen consoles are released.
This topic probably won’t even get noticed but still, at least people can post what they think in here…

I do not think that is warrant enough to make DLC free. Using that logic a lot of old games should have free DLC, but that is not the case. I have purchased the DLCs for Halo Wars and was satisfied with my purchases.

Well, yeah…I do think games that are 4 years old or even older should make there DLC free, no one plays them or buys them and the people who still play and have them can’t get in an online game with them. Might actually bring a few fans back for any game plus makes the publishers look good. While we’re on it, off topic to halo wars; some games shut servers down and stop supporting there game after this long, why not just make the DLC free?

Because the a game is old or not played anymore does not mean it’s DLC should be made for free. Making free DLC is a complicated process that has to go through Microsoft, Publisher, and developer policies.

Also achievements are tied to the Halo Wars DLCs, it is Microsoft policy that any DLC with achievements tied to them must be paid for.

Well if no one is buying the DLC then they might as well, they aren’t making much of a loss if no one is buying it anyway and as for DLC that contains achievements cannot be released for free. what about happy wars? Happy wars brought a DLC Title update and that has extra gamerscore.

The same could be said about Spartacus Legends, but those titles are free to play and are arcade games. I do not know all the specifics, but I do believe that because they are free to play they are exceptions to the rule. Almost every other retail game follows these rules.

You claim no one is buying the DLC, but we cannot know that for a fact. As far as we are aware people are not playing the playlists for DLC.

It should not be made free. It defeats the purpose of putting a price on it at all.

Halo Wars DLC is free with the Platinum Hits version.

Halo wars as one of the free games maybe?

As in the free games with gold?

> Halo wars as one of the free games maybe?

I think that was Halo 3 actually.

> Because the a game is old or not played anymore does not mean it’s DLC should be made for free. Making free DLC is a complicated process that has to go through Microsoft, Publisher, and developer policies.
>
> Also achievements are tied to the Halo Wars DLCs, <mark>it is Microsoft policy that any DLC with achievements tied to them must be paid for.</mark>

So how do you explain all the DLC for Gears of War 1? Or some of the DLC for Red Dead Redemption? They have achievements tied to them and they are free. So wouldn’t this invalidate Microsoft’s policy of DLC not being free if it has tied achievements?

> > Because the a game is old or not played anymore does not mean it’s DLC should be made for free. Making free DLC is a complicated process that has to go through Microsoft, Publisher, and developer policies.
> >
> > Also achievements are tied to the Halo Wars DLCs, <mark>it is Microsoft policy that any DLC with achievements tied to them must be paid for.</mark>
>
> So how do you explain all the DLC for Gears of War 1? Or some of the DLC for Red Dead Redemption? They have achievements tied to them and they are free. So wouldn’t this invalidate Microsoft’s policy of DLC not being free if it has tied achievements?

I made the mistake of saying that DLC w/ achievements tied to them couldn’t be free in the past, but by the looks of it, that’s only ever been the case for Halo games, not Xbox 360 games as a whole.

Safe to assume that’s what he meant.

I think that, as a favour to all of the people who bought the DLC, this game’s DLC should now be available to all for FREE. We spent money on this stuff only to find that hardly anyone else had it which means that we hardly ever get to play it.

If it is free to all then we have more chance of playing the maps and playlists that we actually paid for.

BTW is anyone else a bit annoyed at the audacity of having to pay hard earned money for a PLAYLIST which must have taken one or two days to create?

FREE TO ALL, I say.

Isn’t the legendary or heroic maps free with Halo 3. Achievements are tied to them. I do think that dlc should be made free after 4+ years. It could generate more sales for the game.

Maybe get them Half-priced.

DLC for free would be great, I’d love to see more people playing the dlc maps. Another idea to breathe life into the community would be to give Halo Wars away with the Free with Gold promotion. I’d love to see that happen!

It certainly shouldn’t be full price anymore. Cutting the price in half for DLC should be standard practice after some period of time.

Some period of time less than 4 years.

They should at least make them cheaper. The maps are pretty cool and I actually get Memorial Basin fairly often in doubles (wish I got Glacial Ravine more in triples). The game modes in particular should either be free or made dirt cheap. Pretty much the only reason I got them was because I hung out at the (original) Halo Wars forums and the devs would occasionally give out codes for free (thanks Aloysius!).

I agree. They should just give Halo Wars dlc away for free. They might as well act soon before Halo Wars has a population of 0. Everyone is going to leave Xbox 360 when the Xbox One is released so if they make it free they should act fast.

I’m not positive but i think ensemble studios, (the makers of halo wars) is out of the business so i dont think they will make any changes.