About those rotational playlists...

Just a question for 343… As I understand it from the weekly bulletin, SWAT is in a “rotational” playlist. I guess that means it will be gone after a short time?

Have you explained the reasoning behind not making these permanent and I’ve missed it? I think for the people loving those playlists, it will be utter devastation when they are pulled. I’m guessing it’s a population thing? I don’t think anyone minds if their favorite playlist has a low population as long as they are getting to play. I’ve played Reach since it launched. It has a ton of playlists and I’ve still not encountered wait time issues.

I think you could end up losing playing altogether doing this type of thing. I don’t personally play SWAT or Snipers, but I could see players getting bored and just not playing once their favorite playlist is gone. Agree, disagree?

Just some thoughts! Thanks.

If they make too many playlists then it will dilute the number of players in each playlist causing longer wait times in matchmaking.

> If they make too many playlists then it will dilute the number of players in each playlist causing longer wait times in matchmaking.

This, and if a rotational playlist is popular enough, 343 may CONSIDER making it a permanent playlist.

> If they make too many playlists then it will dilute the number of players in each playlist causing longer wait times in matchmaking.

Well… right but like I said, I don’t remember wait times being an issue in Reach. I played Doubles exclusively and never had to wait even up until Halo 4 release. I wonder what they would consider a long wait time. I had to wait at most 15-30 seconds. Like I said, I don’t think people care if they are playing what they want. I’d gladly sacrifice 3 seconds of my time for a fellow Halo player to get to play his/her favorite playlist.