About the whole "Retrieving Data" REQ nonsense.

You may have noticed this already, but there’s been a little issue with Xbox Live. Things have been unresponsive, slow loading, and a general pain in a nondescript place. Halo 5 is suffering for this as well, with anything REQ based taking quite a bit of time to load, if they do load at all. Viewing collected REQs, purchasing REQs, opening REQ packs, checking my REQ points collected, and calling in REQs during a Warzone match. All take a while, or simply do not function.
Fun Story; I’ve been forced to use AR / Pistol starts for an entire Warzone match. Not that that’s a bad thing, the pistol’s great, but the other team had a tank. Tank beats Hunter, Tank beats Ghost, Tank beats Everything. It most definitely beats Magnum / Assault Rifle combo.

Now I know 343 Industries doesn’t control XBLive, but still, some recognition of the whole debacle would be nice.
Maybe a Gold REQ pack as compensation? I don’t know just spit-balling, here.
What really needs to happen, is for Microsoft to refund player’s Gold Bill for the month of February. If you pay for a service, and that service is not available, you should be compensated.

This has been happening since launch. I think it’s because literally everything in halo 5 relies on server syncing data. Campaign (achievements for example) multiplayer stats, progression, unlocks, XP and Rp gains after a match sometimes don’t show up, all this. The servers have too much stress on them, it should be local based (I.e stored on your Xbox).

> 2533274875084332;2:
> This has been happening since launch. I think it’s because literally everything in halo 5 relies on server syncing data. Campaign (achievements for example) multiplayer stats, progression, unlocks, XP and Rp gains after a match sometimes don’t show up, all this. The servers have too much stress on them, it should be local based (I.e stored on your Xbox).

I think you may be right, microsoft does seem to have this obsession with ‘cloud’ related things.

You seem to forget that in using the Xbox live service, you agree to their terms. Nowhere does it guarantee 100% uptime on the live servers.

They owe you nothing peasant.

They can’t always be perfect, like holy crap it was only 1 day and for some of you guys and girls which every thing it’s the end of the world, one day without xbox live won’t kill you like legit

…and the Warzone REQ menus are so slooooooooooooow!

I don’t always have these issues, however when I do it is usually a week or two within a DLC drop. Tomorrow (today) the live stream for Hammer Drop DLC is coming out. So the DLC should be right around the corner in of itself. I’d say it might be that. Like I said I don’t have these problems commonly, only when DLC is coming soon or Xbox Live itself is acting all weird.

Hahahaha the AR/Magnum for an entire game can actually be quite the thrill. One of my best games occurred when I was forced into this, had to improvise so much.

That aside, everything REQ related seems glitchy for sure.

> 2535448519729494;5:
> They can’t always be perfect, like holy crap it was only 1 day and for some of you guys and girls which every thing it’s the end of the world, one day without xbox live won’t kill you like legit.

Some people only have one day to play a video game, don’t think everyone in the world works on a schedule that allows them to play when ever they want. If that were the case, I’m with you, but it’s not unfortunately.

> 2533274847563380;9:
> > 2535448519729494;5:
> > They can’t always be perfect, like holy crap it was only 1 day and for some of you guys and girls which every thing it’s the end of the world, one day without xbox live won’t kill you like legit.
>
>
> Some people only have one day to play a video game, don’t think everyone in the world works on a schedule that allows them to play when ever they want. If that were the case, I’m with you, but it’s not unfortunately.

This. I would also add we are not talking about one day in two weeks. This has been happening with me almost every day I either can access my reqs or there is severe lag. Both are server issues on their end. I’m not screaming the top of my lungs here. But I will say, if MS can’t get it straight, I do have alternatives to XBL.

> 2535446429352181;8:
> Hahahaha the AR/Magnum for an entire game can actually be quite the thrill. One of my best games occurred when I was forced into this, had to improvise so much.
>
> That aside, everything REQ related seems glitchy for sure.

I have had to do it a few times, and it does make you earn every kill when you don’t have much for weapons. I stole the enemies whenever I could! I reached the top req level in a match where I couldn’t access anything. I check to see if the req store is functioning before I start a game now, I find that I have less of an issue if I cam access that.

> 2567453894718125;6:
> …and the Warzone REQ menus are so slooooooooooooow!

Hell yea, and the req menu not loading is nothing new, it happens all the damn time, even when XBL is working. Too much if you ask me.

But it does suck even more when you can’t pull out reqs, but the other team can. Happened a few times to me.

That being said I don’t think we need any sort of compensation, except maybe that 1 or 2 days added to our gold accounts for XBL being down. That’s it though.

> 2535448519729494;5:
> They can’t always be perfect, like holy crap it was only 1 day and for some of you guys and girls which every thing it’s the end of the world, one day without xbox live won’t kill you like legit

This happens to me at least 3 times a week.

Yeah I get the same issue, where it kicks me out of a game and drops me off XBOX Live. Usually a precursor to this is the issue of “Retrieving data” - usually a sign things are about to go downhill. I then find a reboot of the xbox is needed

ive found, if you ever leave your xbox on in home menu for a while, then get back into halo 5, and the xbox reboots to where you last were and you notice bottom right corner it says ur offline and quickly logs you back into the server or u get a msg waiting for you that you were disconnected from server, restart halo 5.

I only ever had req retrieving issues after trying to play a game when the xbox was dozing on home menu and halo logs out of server.

havnt had a issue since i started restarting halo 5

oh good im not the only one, been like this since today, so annoying when u gotta try taking down warden with ar + magnums etc

Honestly, the greatest game of warzone I ever played was the first one. Which was day 1 and the req system didn’t work PERIOD. Everyone was forced to use ARs and Magnums. It was great, completely level playing field.

> 2533274875084332;2:
> This has been happening since launch. I think it’s because literally everything in halo 5 relies on server syncing data. Campaign (achievements for example) multiplayer stats, progression, unlocks, XP and Rp gains after a match sometimes don’t show up, all this. The servers have too much stress on them, it should be local based (I.e stored on your Xbox).

Well not only does it stress the server, but it may actually be a good thing, if Req points were only tied to the account and not synced with the server, it would take someone 5 minutes to bring their account into brute force, give them selves 1,000,000,000,000,000 req points and unlock everything that isn’t tied to achievements.

That’s what happens when you rely on cloud system for everything.

It won’t even tell me how many req points I have. This is completely frustrating.