About the recent leak, Why no Beta? *NO LINKS

Edited by Moderator - Please do not discuss leaks, real or fake.

Probably just other issues they don’t want people seeing, or they just done want people seeing/playing to much of the game until Nov 6. Also the whole thing with them having to remove parts of the game if they did a public one other wise people would just look through the build.

They said something about it taking to much of the team off halo 4 to focus on making a public beta. I think its a terrible idea that there is no beta, any muliplayer game should have a beta.

> Probably just other issues they don’t want people seeing, or they just done want people seeing/playing to much of the game until Nov 6.

Which is dumb, they need exposure. The last 2 main Halo games had betas, and now there is a new Halo coming out that is changing a lot of stuff. People need to know if they still want to play this game and hiding the game away from people is not the way to calm people’s anxiety. Also as any developer who has done a public beta has said, you find many bugs in public betas that just would not be found in any other type of test.

Judging from what I’ve seen, all they need to do is polish up some areas and they can definitely do a public beta. It seems like 343 is scared to hear the general population’s thoughts and opinions with their hands-on the game, before launch, which is a pretty bad idea that can result in a huge flop.

> > Probably just other issues they don’t want people seeing, or they just done want people seeing/playing to much of the game until Nov 6.
>
> Which is dumb, they need exposure. The last 2 main Halo games had betas, and now there is a new Halo coming out that is changing a lot of stuff. People need to know if they still want to play this game and hiding the game away from people is not the way to calm people’s anxiety. Also as any developer who has done a public beta has said, you find many bugs in public betas that just would not be found in any other type of test.

Ya, i know, i personally would like a beta, even a short and small one.

> > > > Probably just other issues they don’t want people seeing, or they just done want people seeing/playing to much of the game until Nov 6.
> > >
> > > Which is dumb, they need exposure. The last 2 main Halo games had betas, and now there is a new Halo coming out that is changing a lot of stuff. People need to know if they still want to play this game and hiding the game away from people is not the way to calm people’s anxiety. Also as any developer who has done a public beta has said, you find many bugs in public betas that just would not be found in any other type of test.
> >
> > Ya, i know, i personally would like a beta, even a short and small one.

They didn’t lie. They said they won’t do a public beta, they said nothing about private betas. It’s not uncommon for developers to play early builds over peernet. It’s also not uncommon for those copies to be ‘misplaced’ and leaked.

> > > > Probably just other issues they don’t want people seeing, or they just done want people seeing/playing to much of the game until Nov 6.
> > >
> > > Which is dumb, they need exposure. The last 2 main Halo games had betas, and now there is a new Halo coming out that is changing a lot of stuff. People need to know if they still want to play this game and hiding the game away from people is not the way to calm people’s anxiety. Also as any developer who has done a public beta has said, you find many bugs in public betas that just would not be found in any other type of test.
> >
> > Ya, i know, i personally would like a beta, even a short and small one.
>
> Me too, and it is really annoying that they basically lied to us saying they wouldn’t be able to do a beta, yet here we see a fully playable 3 map beta being played over live.

Ummmmm what? They said didn’t want to make a public one. They never said anything about not making a private one. No matter what a Video game will have some sort of beta testing.

Betas are not to be demos. It seems lots of people forget this. Let 343 do what they want. We will get videos of the gameplay when it comes. E3 is right around the corner.

I think they’re too afraid of what the fans will think of it. So they chose not to have a beta.

When it comes to finding bugs and making the game better is a private beta as good as a public or is it better/worse?

> > They said something about it taking to much of the team off halo 4 to focus on making a public beta. I think its a terrible idea that there is no beta, any muliplayer game should have a beta.

They have a build for a private beta. Just because they’ve built a beta (which is an obvious part of the development process) doesn’t mean the public is entitled to it. That’s dependent on what the developer wants to do. Every company producing a game with online multiplayer capabilities has to do network testing to make sure things work with latency, lag, connection speeds, and everything else that has to do with the internet.

The reason there isn’t a public beta has nothing to do with 343i not building one. It has to do with the manpower (and money) it would take to monitor the beta, keep the beta running, collecting information, and then processing that information on a HUGE scale. These private network tests may comprise of a few hundred to a few thousand people. That’s a LOT more manageable than 10s of thousands of people or maybe even more.

> > > > > Probably just other issues they don’t want people seeing, or they just done want people seeing/playing to much of the game until Nov 6.
> > > >
> > > > Which is dumb, they need exposure. The last 2 main Halo games had betas, and now there is a new Halo coming out that is changing a lot of stuff. People need to know if they still want to play this game and hiding the game away from people is not the way to calm people’s anxiety. Also as any developer who has done a public beta has said, you find many bugs in public betas that just would not be found in any other type of test.
> > >
> > > Ya, i know, i personally would like a beta, even a short and small one.
>
> Ummmmm what? They said didn’t want to make a public one. They never said anything about not making a private one. No matter what a Video game will have some sort of beta testing.
>
> Betas are not to be demos. It seems lots of people forget this. Let 343 do what they want. We will get videos of the gameplay when it comes. E3 is right around the corner.

We have already had 2 Halo betas in the past, they were extremely helpful to Bungie in the development of their games. 343 DID lie to us. They said they didn’t have the resources for a public beta, but right now a fully playable 3 map build of Halo 4 is being played over xbox live. What resources do they not have?

> > > They said something about it taking to much of the team off halo 4 to focus on making a public beta. I think its a terrible idea that there is no beta, any muliplayer game should have a beta.
>
> They have a build for a private beta. Just because they’ve built a beta (which is an obvious part of the development process) doesn’t mean the public is entitled to it. That’s dependent on what the developer wants to do. Every company producing a game with online multiplayer capabilities has to do network testing to make sure things work with latency, lag, connection speeds, and everything else that has to do with the internet.
>
> The reason there isn’t a public beta has nothing to do with 343i not building one. It has to do with the manpower (and money) it would take to monitor the beta, keep the beta running, collecting information, and then processing that information on a HUGE scale. These private network tests may comprise of a few hundred to a few thousand people. That’s a LOT more manageable than 10s of thousands of people or maybe even more.

So basically you are saying 343 is afraid they will find glitches and they won’t commit the man power to actually make sure the game isn’t glitchy. THAT really instills confidence in me. Bungie did public beta’s for a reason, there is ZERO reason 343 isn’t doing one.

> > > > > > Probably just other issues they don’t want people seeing, or they just done want people seeing/playing to much of the game until Nov 6.
> > > > >
> > > > > Which is dumb, they need exposure. The last 2 main Halo games had betas, and now there is a new Halo coming out that is changing a lot of stuff. People need to know if they still want to play this game and hiding the game away from people is not the way to calm people’s anxiety. Also as any developer who has done a public beta has said, you find many bugs in public betas that just would not be found in any other type of test.
> > > >
> > > > Ya, i know, i personally would like a beta, even a short and small one.
> >
> > Ummmmm what? They said didn’t want to make a public one. They never said anything about not making a private one. No matter what a Video game will have some sort of beta testing.
> >
> > Betas are not to be demos. It seems lots of people forget this. Let 343 do what they want. We will get videos of the gameplay when it comes. E3 is right around the corner.
>
> We have already had 2 Halo betas in the past, they were extremely helpful to Bungie in the development of their games. 343 DID lie to us. They said they didn’t have the resources for a public beta, but right now a fully playable 3 map build of Halo 4 is being played over xbox live. What resources do they not have?

They didn’t lie lol. They said no public beta. Wow man…
Just because 2 other Halo games had a public beta doesn’t mean this one does. You just want it for a demo. You could careless about finding glitches in the game.

Now I’m all for a demo. That would be awesome.

hopefully they do release a beta for it this year the only need to polish a couple things so y not release one

> When it comes to finding bugs and making the game better is a private beta as good as a public or is it better/worse?

According to any developer who has ever done a public beta, public betas are MUCH better than internal.