About the possibility of AL in Campaign

This <mark>is not</mark> about Armor Lock in multiplayer, as I know that 343i is removing it entirely from multiplayer, but I wanted to express my wish for it to be present in single player. It is possible for the Master Chief (and the other spartan II’s) to lock their armor anyway, right?

I would be slightly disappointed if this wasn’t the case because Armor Lock was my favorite AA in Reach, but it wouldn’t be a game-breaker for me. I’m just curious.

> This <mark>is not</mark> about Armor Lock in multiplayer, as I know that 343i is removing it entirely from multiplayer, but I wanted to express my wish for it to be present in single player. It is possible for the Master Chief (and the other spartan II’s) to lock their armor anyway, right?
>
> I would be slightly disappointed if this wasn’t the case because Armor Lock was my favorite AA in Reach, but it wouldn’t be a game-breaker for me. I’m just curious.

Chief locked his armour in the beginning of Halo 3 but that was not the kind of armour lock the Spartan III’s was able to use so I don’t think so, (and don’t hope so either lol).

I don’t think Reach’s armour lock should return. It absolutely killed the flow of gameplay, and really was better used in BTB to help infantry survive against vehicles.

That said, there should be some kind of defensive AA in Halo 4; its just the kind of area AAs would be expected to cover. I’d go with some kind of shield augmentation, like the assault mode in Crysis 2; boosts your damage resitance, but slows you down.

> I don’t think Reach’s armour lock should return. It absolutely killed the flow of gameplay, and really was better used in BTB to help infantry survive against vehicles.
>
> That said, there should be some kind of defensive AA in Halo 4; its just the kind of area AAs would be expected to cover. I’d go with some kind of shield augmentation, like the assault mode in Crysis 2; boosts your damage resitance, but slows you down.

How did it kill the flow of gameplay in Campaign, because thats what he’s talking about. It helped a lot on Legendary in some parts.

> > I don’t think Reach’s armour lock should return. It absolutely killed the flow of gameplay, and really was better used in BTB to help infantry survive against vehicles.
> >
> > That said, there should be some kind of defensive AA in Halo 4; its just the kind of area AAs would be expected to cover. I’d go with some kind of shield augmentation, like the assault mode in Crysis 2; boosts your damage resitance, but slows you down.
>
> How did it kill the flow of gameplay in Campaign, because thats what he’s talking about. It helped a lot on Legendary in some parts.

Even on Legendary I only used Sprint.

I still think that even though it’s the most basic AA, it’s still the most useful in Campaign.

I pray to god that you’re kidding.

I really enjoy armor lock its very useful and not alot of people use it so what difference does it make.

> I pray to god that you’re kidding.

I’ll just remind you that I want it exclusively in the campaign, not multiplayer. Although I enjoyed AL in multiplayer in Reach, I definitely understand people’s arguments for having it removed entirely from competitive multiplayer, and I have no problem with it not existing in Halo 4 multiplayer.

So no, I’m not kidding.

Didn’t they confirm that there would be NO armor lock? As in no playlist whatsoever?

That would create an imbalance then OP.

Think about it; an exclusive feature in one game mode but isn’t in the others. People would start to complain about it why it’s AL is not MP, create generic threads about it and ask for TU to implement it. That sounds more ridiculous once it’s written out on a post :confused:

343 has decided to remove AL from the equation. Good IMO because now it can be replaced by a better idea/AA/Gun etc. One that hopefully doesn’t break the flow of combat or is at least useful in Campaign (Drop Shield and Sprint > Armor Lock on Legendary).

Armour Lock and a Spartan Locking his/her armour are to different things.

In campaign and spartan ops it would be cool I don’t care if it’s in MM.