About the next 10 years plan for Halo

With 343 Industries reveal that the upcoming Halo Infinite will be the start of the next 10 years plan for Halo, what does this mean for the Halo Franchise going forward? Is it possible that we could see more Halo comic books or Halo novel books especially if they are part of the next 10 years plan? And, could this also mean that 343 Industries will focus on doing the Halo spin off video games first before doing a sequel to Halo Infinite? Do you see that happened? Very curious to hear everyone’s thoughts.

The way I’ve interpreted this news is making Halo Infinite as a base for add on content in the next few years, Now I could be completely wrong (and I hope I am), but it feels that they’re taking a Destiny 2-like approach to the game. If this did mean more spin-offs in between the mainline games, I actually however may be able to get onboard with this idea. For now though, we’re just speculating on what way 343 are gonna be tackling the franchise and how future media will be released.

How many other games have said they have a “10 year plan” for a game or franchise only for that to collapse or have a bare bones release because they can tell us they can charge full price because of “what the game will be, not what it is.”? This is the kind of thinking that publishers and higher ups dictate solely for profit gain. It’s not a good sign for me.

I think 343 Industries will do the next 10 years plan for Halo in a similar way like how Kevin Feige did with the Marvel Cinematic Universe. They can have their own Phase One, Phase Two and Phase Three.

Here is how I see the Halo Franchise going forward:

1. Phase One:
    Halo spin off video games and Halo prequel video games.

2. Phase Two:
    Halo comic books, Halo novel books and a series of Halo live action short films.

3. Phase Three: Halo Infinite sequels

My guess is something akin to Spartan Ops, but with proper singleplayer content in which you play as Chief/Arbiter or whatever actually meaningful character instead of watching Majestic’s story but playing as a Crimson member.

> 2535472130922237;5:
> My guess is something akin to Spartan Ops, but with proper singleplayer content in which you play as Chief/Arbiter or whatever actually meaningful character instead of watching Majestic’s story but playing as a Crimson member.

Yeah the whole switch over thing was kinda off putting for me. I do however hope it’s not Chief/Arbiter exclusive stories. I would like to see new characters too, but they get fleshed out well and maybe some speak except for your character for immersion reasons

I actually enjoyed the Spartan Ops from Halo 4. I was disappointed they didn’t continue after the last episode. So to see something similar return would be nice.

Oh yeah, what a fantastic idea. Let’s give the company who wanted to make a trilogy before finishing their first game another ten-year plan. Remember the company that hired people who hated Halo? The people who seem so full of themselves. The studio with no cohesion. The Disaster Chief Collection!

How about the awful stories in Call of ‘halo’ 4, which some people loved, that got dropped for that abomination called ‘halo’ 5. Are we suppose to trust them to not include most of the story in books, comics, or spin-off games again? After that unpolished and mediocre gameplay they shown at an event trying to sell the XBox Series X, I do not trust 343 Industries. Halo is due for a long hiatus after Halo Infinite is released, with a new team in charge. 343i can keep doing what they want with Infinite for a few years, but please, no major projects ever again.