About the map remake...

if it is the large style map they say it is then in my opinion the only two options that were popular enough and had the right physical features to accommodate the modern halo gameplay would have to be either

Containment

or Zanzibar

think about it…

with jetpack and sprint and other ways to rapidly move up and down over large areas, these maps would work perfectly. not to mention that the new weapons in the halo universe completely change how a map is made for example the Spartan Lazer

maps like Coagulation and wetworks just dont accommodate the new Halo that has been created.

i do feel like Sandtrap could be a possibility just for the fact that they could replace the elephants with the mammoths?

thoughts?

You have seen mammoths next to warthogs right? The mammoth itself could be a map lol (hint hint 343) Anyway i wouldn’t mind seeing zanzibar come back again i liked how it had the wheel thingy in the center, more halo maps needs big moving objects in them.

> You have seen mammoths next to warthogs right? The mammoth itself could be a map lol (hint hint 343) Anyway i wouldn’t mind seeing zanzibar come back again i liked how it had the wheel thingy in the center, more halo maps needs big moving objects in them.

my feeling exactly… does anyone else miss the giant moving things, or the ability to open gates and other passage ways, it really added a cool team aspect to the game.

You also have to take into consideration that when they remake a map, there’s usually changes made to accomidate new features etc. anyways. So no map is really “not fit” for the game. Adjustments will be made, new areas could be added etc. as they have with remakes before. Your two examples are proof of this.

Zanzibar > Last Resort

Blood Gulch > Coag.

Both changed quite a bit.

Just the way everyone has been talking about it, I get the feeling that it won’t be Zanzibar :frowning: Frankie said somewhere that maps that seemed large now felt smaller due to the additions of sprint and the fact that game play has apparently sped up. So it would have to be a larger map IMO, that’s why I’m leaning more towards Containment or Sandtrap.

> You have seen mammoths next to warthogs right? The mammoth itself could be a map lol (hint hint 343) Anyway i wouldn’t mind seeing zanzibar come back again i liked how it had the wheel thingy in the center, more halo maps needs big moving objects in them.

From how big they are, they basically make up a map. I mean seriously, their size looks like they could have the entirety of sword base (MP map, not level) in them!

> You also have to take into consideration that when they remake a map, there’s usually changes made to accomidate new features etc. anyways. So no map is really “not fit” for the game. Adjustments will be made, new areas could be added etc. as they have with remakes before. Your two examples are proof of this.
>
> Zanzibar > Last Resort
>
> Blood Gulch > Coag.
>
> Both changed quite a bit.

the change in both were so small that i wouldnt even consider it a change, now coagulation to Valhalla is a CHANGE

> > You have seen mammoths next to warthogs right? The mammoth itself could be a map lol (hint hint 343) Anyway i wouldn’t mind seeing zanzibar come back again i liked how it had the wheel thingy in the center, more halo maps needs big moving objects in them.
>
> my feeling exactly… does anyone else miss the giant moving things, or the ability to open gates and other passage ways, it really added a cool team aspect to the game.

I definetly do, the gates in orbital, the wheel in last resort, elephants?!!?!? Bring some back please!

> Just the way everyone has been talking about it, I get the feeling that it won’t be Zanzibar :frowning: Frankie said somewhere that maps that seemed large now felt smaller due to the additions of sprint and the fact that game play has apparently sped up. So it would have to be a larger map IMO, that’s why I’m leaning more towards Containment or Sandtrap.

couldnt they technically just make the scale of the map like a little larger to make up for the fact that sprint gets you places faster?

Honestly, I’m dead set betting you all on these forums that it’s sand trap. I’m not trying to go on a rant saying nooses opinions matter, and I KNOW everyone likes a lot of different maps, but I have reasoning to believe its sandtrap.

Ok, the mammoths, that’s a really huge clue. They MUST know how much fun it was to have a mobile base, and you could do SO MUCH with that idea in forge even. So my educated guess is that this remake map, is a newer (like revision of blood gulch/ coagulation into Valhalla) sandbox/sandtrap, with a lot more available space, rather than a “racetrack” type road the elephants couldn’t even leave those areas.

The mammoths look a lot more suited to actually driving, like, over bumps, and going off into the distance to be blasted by the guardian.

So, as much as it would be friggin amazing to see a new relic, or headlong, or burial mounds, or waterworks, or death island or ANYTHING THAT MAKES HALO AWESOME, I think it would make sooooo much sense to give us a nice big forge able sandbox/sandtrap remake for forging, and for awesome big team capabilities.

This is just a hunch, but I’m claiming right now, that I can smell something in the air.

I’m really excited for this game, I love EVERYTHING 343i has done to halo, and I have never been so excited for a halo game.

Peace and love everyone, add me for halo LAN party release night, we will hook up online, so it can be a long distance LAN party lol!

Besides, We only have 59 more days…

So…

Edited: typo, forge able, not forgave lolssss

Closeeeeeeeeeeeee

Pardon my terrible punctuation, and spacing and everything making me seem like a giddy child, but I can’t help it, I love me some halo!

> > You also have to take into consideration that when they remake a map, there’s usually changes made to accomidate new features etc. anyways. So no map is really “not fit” for the game. Adjustments will be made, new areas could be added etc. as they have with remakes before. Your two examples are proof of this.
> >
> > Zanzibar > Last Resort
> >
> > Blood Gulch > Coag.
> >
> > Both changed quite a bit.
>
> the change in both were so small that i wouldnt even consider it a change, now coagulation to Valhalla is a CHANGE

Probably because Coagulation and Valhalla aren’t even the same map, no more so than High Ground is Zanzibar, or Guardian is Lockout. They are called spiritual successors, similar concept in layout, different executions.

A remake tends to stick closer to it’s initial map and keeps the same theme, jut adds to them. If you don’t think the changes to Blood Gulch and Zanzibar were small then I recommend visiting all 4 maps again. There’s definitely noticable changes on each, that change the way the game is played. The changes also both added to the map size. Which is my point. Any remake could add a few more areas to the original map, and have it work with this game.

> Honestly, I’m dead set betting you all on these forums that it’s sand trap. I’m not trying to go on a rant saying nooses opinions matter, and I KNOW everyone likes a lot of different maps, but I have reasoning to believe its sandtrap.
>
> Ok, the mammoths, that’s a really huge clue. They MUST know how much fun it was to have a mobile base, and you could do SO MUCH with that idea in forge even. So my educated guess is that this remake map, is a newer (like revision of blood gulch/ coagulation into Valhalla) sandbox/sandtrap, with a lot more available space, rather than a “racetrack” type road the elephants couldn’t even leave those areas.
>
> The mammoths look a lot more suited to actually driving, like, over bumps, and going off into the distance to be blasted by the guardian.
>
> So, as much as it would be friggin amazing to see a new relic, or headlong, or burial mounds, or waterworks, or death island or ANYTHING THAT MAKES HALO AWESOME, I think it would make sooooo much sense to give us a nice big forgave sandbox/sandtrap remake for forging, and for awesome big team capabilities.
>
> This is just a hunch, but I’m claiming right now, that I can smell something in the air.
>
> I’m really excited for this game, I love EVERYTHING 343i has done to halo, and I have never been so excited for a halo game.
>
> Peace and love everyone, add me for halo LAN party release night, we will hook up online, so it can be a long distance LAN party lol!
>
> Besides, We only have 59 more days…
>
> So…
>
>
>
> Closeeeeeeeeeeeee
>
> Pardon my terrible punctuation, and spacing and everything making me seem like a giddy child, but I can’t help it, I love me some halo!

i do agree about the mammoths being a clue! it does make sense and youre right that would be awesome to have those mobile bases back haha! and dude you couldnt have said it better… under two months away guys, it will be here faster then we think!

Terminal. Please be Terminal.

> Terminal. Please be Terminal.

dear god how could i forget… i would LOVE TO SEE THIS MAP AGAIN… but and a big butttt, would it truly work with halo 4’s gameplay?

> > Terminal. Please be Terminal.
>
> dear god how could i forget… i would LOVE TO SEE THIS MAP AGAIN… but and a big butttt, would it truly work with halo 4’s gameplay?

Of course it can. Just as easily as any other BTB map. Just takes some retooling and added space, and i’m sure it would be awesome.

> > Terminal. Please be Terminal.
>
> dear god how could i forget… i would LOVE TO SEE THIS MAP AGAIN… but and a big butttt, would it truly work with halo 4’s gameplay?

Any kind of remake (in order to be good/great) NEEDS to be tweaked in order to work in Halo 4. Not just for AAs and what not but the spawn system, weapon balance etc.

Just throwing the map in without little thought can and will lead to disaster. What was once a great map (Terminal) could be become the next Uncaged with vehicles (i am comparing quality here).

> > > Terminal. Please be Terminal.
> >
> > dear god how could i forget… i would LOVE TO SEE THIS MAP AGAIN… but and a big butttt, would it truly work with halo 4’s gameplay?
>
> Any kind of remake (in order to be good/great) NEEDS to be tweaked in order to work in Halo 4. Not just for AAs and what not but the spawn system, weapon balance etc.
>
> Just throwing the map in without little thought can and will lead to disaster. What was once a great map (Terminal) could be become the next Uncaged with vehicles (i am comparing quality here).

this is true i guess, with a few added structures and some modification to spawns and other things… it could work great

Whatever the remake is, i can’t wait to play it. :stuck_out_tongue:

If it is Terminal, my first match MUST include a death by the train (at the expense of my team of course). xD

Double post? >.<

Zanzibar has already been remade. I’d rather see Terminal in Halo 4.