About the Hidden skill/rank

I’m not the biggest fan of the idea, but it’s better than what reach is going through now so I would welcome it. The one thing that will ruin it is if it’s an overall skill/rank whatever it’s gonna be called. The reasoning behind it is because everyone plays differently in different playlists, and I hated the idea of campaign and firefight credits interfering with matchmaking credits. Anyway, as I was saying, some people may play better in slayer but are bad in oddball. It would also be stupid having an extremely high overall skill/rank just playing infection and grifball. Having hidden skill/rank is one thing, but how it’s being used is a different story. An overall skill/rank would mess everything up. Seperate it as slayer skill, oddball skill, infection skill, etc.

I would also like to add that you can’t party up with anyone, even certain friends, that don’t have a good enough skill/rank as the other person to make matching more fair. I’d say fairly close, but not exact. That’s what ruined Halo 3 skill system, people ranked up fast partying with high skilled friends.

Having skill separated by playlist would be terrible.

(Lets use 1-50 as an example)

Someone could get to 50 in the slayer gametype and be very experienced. They could then go in the odd ball gametype which they never play and own less experienced players ( because he would be level 1 in that playlist but have the skills of a level 50)

That’s why it wouldn’t work. It is better to have an only visible to you overall rank that they have now.

> I’m not the biggest fan of the idea, but it’s better than what reach is going through now so I would welcome it. The one thing that will ruin it is if it’s an overall skill/rank whatever it’s gonna be called. The reasoning behind it is because everyone plays differently in different playlists, and I hated the idea of campaign and firefight credits interfering with matchmaking credits. Anyway, as I was saying, some people may play better in slayer but are bad in oddball. It would also be stupid having an extremely high overall skill/rank just playing infection and grifball. Having hidden skill/rank is one thing, but how it’s being used is a different story. An overall skill/rank would mess everything up. Seperate it as slayer skill, oddball skill, infection skill, etc.
>
> <mark>I would also like to add that you can’t party up with anyone, even certain friends, that don’t have a good enough skill/rank as the other person to make matching more fair. I’d say fairly close, but not exact. That’s what ruined Halo 3 skill system, people ranked up fast partying with high skilled friends.
[/quote]
</mark>
> I would say it shouldn’t matter with it being hidden, but everyone has to find something to ruin about anything that’s got to do with ranking. We just don’t know what it is yet. H3 had derankers that boosted skill, Reach had credit farmers and found a way to repeat challenges and commendations, so that tells you that there’s gonna be something flawed in the ranking. There’s really nothing to do about it I guess.

> Having skill separated by playlist would be terrible.
>
> (Lets use 1-50 as an example)
>
> Someone could get to 50 in the slayer gametype and be very experienced. They could then go in the odd ball gametype which they never play and own less experienced players ( because he would be level 1 in that playlist but have the skills of a level 50)
>
> That’s why it wouldn’t work. It is better to have an only visible to you overall rank that they have now.

I’m not saying get rid of overall skill completely, just not a priority. Overall skill would still have something to base on when searching new playlists. After a few games then skill would be determined and used for that playlist from then on.