About the halo 4 beta...

I hope they do what they did with the BF3 Beta where anyone with XBL Gold could download it from the marketplace…

Remains to be seen.

I’m sure lots of people share your same view though.

I assume we’ll get a Halo 4 beta, but that’s just based on history via Halo 3 and Halo Reach. Until they announce anything we just really don’t know what 343i is up to. Hopefully these next few months will have something to reveal.

I’m sure there will be a beta. Not just based on evidence of betas in previous installments, as Iron Corax said, but on 343i’s entering to the FPS and console market. They will need to test and fix ever flaw in Halo 4 before it ships, or otherwise, they Halo will sink with its dropping population.

At Halofest it was said by Frankie (at least I think it was him) that if there were to be a Halo 4 beta it would be accessible to as many people as possible. I’m guessing this means that it will in fact be like the Battlefield 3 Beta, yes.

> At Halofest it was said by Frankie (at least I think it was him) that if there were to be a Halo 4 beta it would be accessible to as many people as possible. I’m guessing this means that it will in fact be like the Battlefield 3 Beta, yes.

i was going to say that

That would be awesome :slight_smile: but it might not because halo reach beta came with pre-ordering ODST and Halo 3 beta came with crackdown and, well… I don’t know about the halo 2 beta.

> I hope they do what they did with the BF3 Beta where anyone with XBL Gold could download it from the marketplace…

hopefully not

> > I hope they do what they did with the BF3 Beta where anyone with XBL Gold could download it from the marketplace…
>
> hopefully not

Why not?

Well both Halo 3 and Reach required you to have another game so I would be surprised if this policy changed. It’s not like they’d struggle to find players is it.

> > > I hope they do what they did with the BF3 Beta where anyone with XBL Gold could download it from the marketplace…
> >
> > hopefully not
>
> Why not?

its better to have the beta closed to a maximum number of 100.000. Thats enough.
I want people that are really understand what a BETA is. And not no real life kids that dont know anything about balacing and bug reporting.
Its better.

Hopefully it’s not another “only available to those who pre-order mediocre game X” beta.

I hope it is like the BF3 beta, we (the Halo community) want as many people as possible to play Halo. We want it to popular again, surely?

> I hope it is like the BF3 beta, we (the Halo community) want as many people as possible to play Halo. We want it to popular again, surely?

u also want the forum to explode with topics like
“weapon XY is OP”, “Map XY looks -Yoink-” , and so on?
And btw ive played every Halo beta with a key from microsoft. they is no need to buy game XY to get access :slight_smile:

> > I hope it is like the BF3 beta, we (the Halo community) want as many people as possible to play Halo. We want it to popular again, surely?
>
> u also want the forum to explode with topics like
> “weapon XY is OP”, “Map XY looks Yoink!” , and so on?
> And btw ive played every Halo beta with a key from microsoft. they is no need to buy game XY to get access :slight_smile:

I would rather loads of people play the beta and come on here to discuss it, hopefully creating more fans than have people not play the beta.

I would rather see Halo do well than have the forums stay as quiet as they are now.

i just want halo 4 to put the final nail in cod’s coffin,is that so much to ask? lol. but i agree if they put it on the dashboard then lots of people would try it.

> i just want halo 4 to put the final nail in cod’s coffin,is that so much to ask? lol. but i agree if they put it on the dashboard then lots of people would try it.

I don’t think this will ever happen :confused:

Definitely mixed feeling on whether it should be closed or open…

I want it to be open so i can play it, and well so everyone can play it.

Buttttt

If the game isn’t the greatest, then i want it to be closed so everyone can’t say eff this game, i played the beta, it sucked. Also, the point of the beta it to test the game, i’m in the Diablo 3 beta (worth the wait!!! :stuck_out_tongue: ) and aside from people who haven’t gotten in that are complaining they want in, Blizzard is doing just fine.