About the delay of Infinite

Hello Spartans and Sangheilies!

I read and watched quite a lot articles and vids about Cyberpunk 2077. Some of them point was about the delay in the release date and about how fans welcomed it in a few case, since they hoped it’ll be better for the game. Now we see CD Projekt face huge problems, they’re a in a big -Yoink- storm actually.

And to my point, I started to think, if Halo Infinite would have been released this year, would similar happen?
The marketing machine works quite good, and MS spend the largest budget on Halo, yet after the 8 min gameplay what we saw was very sad and above all disappointed.
So the release date was moved next year.
The question is, will it worth? Can it be saved? Delaying really give us hope that Infinite will be better? Delaying is assurance?
Lets share your thoughts.

Fun Fact: My brother pre-ordered Halo Infinite for me and bought Cyberpunk 2077 so I had something new to play right now. I haven’t gotten so far into Cyberpunk but my game has already crashed and there are a LOT more bugs than I thought would be in the game, good thing though is the auto save that puts you in near exact moment from when the game crashed so thats a thumbs up.

I am glad that Halo Infinite has been delayed, I hoped that it would only be until summer (mostly because I quit college/high school this summer and start working so I hoped to be able to finish Halo before that so I really could focus on work but that don’t seem to be happening) I think this though was the best thing they could had done because even though their campaign is finished and they need to work on multiplayer and the technical aspects and if they didn’t get time to do that then we fans would probably riot. Halo 5 for example was not finished when released and missed a lot of gamemodes and features and such which really drove the fans back.

The hype for the game does definitely go way down cause we haft to wait so long but delaying gives me at least hope and assurance that they are doing the best they can instead of giving us a half finished game with a lot of bugs which would only take us out of the gaming experience.

Well, at least that is something, about the autosave. I wanna try it out, but I’ll wait. I actually feel sorry that Cyberpunk 2077 is mostly(?) a mess, I really like The Witcher and the whole attitude of CD Projekt, hoped they will write history with Cyberpunk but in a good way, like they did with the Witcher, and not the way it happened.

Halo is special to me, and see its route lately, it even feels more badly.
I agree tho on the point that delaying was a good thing to do, because so far, Infinite look is everything but not next gen, and as for a flagship game to sell Xbox this is a total joke, one of the bad ones. ( But we still love you Craig, the brute.)

Quality takes time, if it needs more time in the oven I’m perfectly fine with that. Cyberpunk on the other hand was over hyped, and despite needing another delay forced itself out the door. A lesson should be learned from their mistakes lest it be learned the hard way. The complete idiots that were sending the Cyberpunk devs death threats over the delay should’ve seen this coming.

While a delay doesn’t guarantee that something is complete or finished, it’s better than not delaying and getting a guaranteed half-baked product.

> 2533274989165227;3:
> Well, at least that is something, about the autosave. I wanna try it out, but I’ll wait. I actually feel sorry that Cyberpunk 2077 is mostly(?) a mess, I really like The Witcher and the whole attitude of CD Projekt, hoped they will write history with Cyberpunk but in a good way, like they did with the Witcher, and not the way it happened.
>
> Halo is special to me, and see its route lately, it even feels more badly.
> I agree tho on the point that delaying was a good thing to do, because so far, Infinite look is everything but not next gen, and as for a flagship game to sell Xbox this is a total joke, one of the bad ones. ( But we still love you Craig, the brute.)

Yea I heard cyberpunk was in development for 7 year!! Which makes me really sad for all the people who has been interested in this game and waited so long, it’s a pretty enjoyable game so far it’s just that I keep getting thrown out of the gaming experience with the bugs and glitches. The art on Halo Infinite that has been shared and information that has been talked about has given me some hype but the demo did disappoint me quite a lot but all the memes about Craig certainly made me laugh and smile.

Whats your opinion on Halo Infinite being open world?

I’m not going to assume just because it got delayed means we’ll get a perfect game at launch. It seems that’s just not how most games launch these days. For me the only thing really wrong with the demo was the visuals, the gameplay looked fun to me. Even then, visuals are an afterthought in my opinion as long as they’re “good enough” from my perspective and they were. I’ve never been one to obsess over graphics, I’m more interested in gameplay and story. So as far as bugs and polish go I think it’ll be acceptable at launch and the visuals have already been confirmed to get better. For me my concern is more on the actual content side. I just hope we don’t have another H5 issue at launch.

> 2533274980622841;6:
> > 2533274989165227;3:
> > Well, at least that is something, about the autosave. I wanna try it out, but I’ll wait. I actually feel sorry that Cyberpunk 2077 is mostly(?) a mess, I really like The Witcher and the whole attitude of CD Projekt, hoped they will write history with Cyberpunk but in a good way, like they did with the Witcher, and not the way it happened.
> >
> > Halo is special to me, and see its route lately, it even feels more badly.
> > I agree tho on the point that delaying was a good thing to do, because so far, Infinite look is everything but not next gen, and as for a flagship game to sell Xbox this is a total joke, one of the bad ones. ( But we still love you Craig, the brute.)
>
> Yea I heard cyberpunk was in development for 7 year!! Which makes me really sad for all the people who has been interested in this game and waited so long, it’s a pretty enjoyable game so far it’s just that I keep getting thrown out of the gaming experience with the bugs and glitches. The art on Halo Infinite that has been shared and information that has been talked about has given me some hype but the demo did disappoint me quite a lot but all the memes about Craig certainly made me laugh and smile.
>
> Whats your opinion on Halo Infinite being open world?

Well, it sounds interesting, I’m not against it. In a way, ODST was too open world, a small one and a bit closed, but still it was more open than before.
Surely Infinite map will be bigger.
I’m curious how they gonna work this out.

I’ve been thinking about this subject a lot lately, and I’ve come up with the opinion that games are announced way too early.

If devs just announced their game when it was a year out and mostly done, this could prevent many problems such as crunch and delays. It does of course raise new challenges such as investment- many studios release trailers and info to generate hype and funding.

But I’d like to see games get announced closer to their launch date as I think it may prevent more problems than it creates.

> 2533274989165227;8:
> > 2533274980622841;6:
> > > 2533274989165227;3:
> > > Well, at least that is something, about the autosave. I wanna try it out, but I’ll wait. I actually feel sorry that Cyberpunk 2077 is mostly(?) a mess, I really like The Witcher and the whole attitude of CD Projekt, hoped they will write history with Cyberpunk but in a good way, like they did with the Witcher, and not the way it happened.
> > >
> > > Halo is special to me, and see its route lately, it even feels more badly.
> > > I agree tho on the point that delaying was a good thing to do, because so far, Infinite look is everything but not next gen, and as for a flagship game to sell Xbox this is a total joke, one of the bad ones. ( But we still love you Craig, the brute.)
> >
> > Yea I heard cyberpunk was in development for 7 year!! Which makes me really sad for all the people who has been interested in this game and waited so long, it’s a pretty enjoyable game so far it’s just that I keep getting thrown out of the gaming experience with the bugs and glitches. The art on Halo Infinite that has been shared and information that has been talked about has given me some hype but the demo did disappoint me quite a lot but all the memes about Craig certainly made me laugh and smile.
> >
> > Whats your opinion on Halo Infinite being open world?
>
> Well, it sounds interesting, I’m not against it. In a way, ODST was too open world, a small one and a bit closed, but still it was more open than before.
> Surely Infinite map will be bigger.
> I’m curious how they gonna work this out.

Yea i’m curious too and not against it either, by the information they have shared we will have the opportunity to do side quests like saving marines or take out banish bases or explore interesting structures.

It sounds really exciting, the way ODST handled open world was good but there wasn’t really anything to explore (sure there were some things to see but me personally just focused on getting to the missions and always wished there were more enemy areas to clear out but the atmosphere of the whole game was fantastic.)

> 2533274803493024;9:
> I’ve been thinking about this subject a lot lately, and I’ve come up with the opinion that games are announced way too early. If devs just announced their game when it was a year out and mostly done, this could prevent many problems such as crunch and delays. It does of course raise new challenges such as investment- many studios release trailers and info to generate hype and funding.
>
> But I’d like to see games get announced closer to their launch date as I think it may prevent more problems than it creates.

You see Nintendo often take this route. They often don’t announce a game until it is a 6 months to a year, and it usually works out for them.

That said, almost all of Nintendo’s games that are marketed in this way are first party titles, they aren’t self-published games so Cyberpunk isn’t an apples to apples comparison. Halo Infinite is however.

> 2533274927740213;11:
> > 2533274803493024;9:
> > I’ve been thinking about this subject a lot lately, and I’ve come up with the opinion that games are announced way too early. If devs just announced their game when it was a year out and mostly done, this could prevent many problems such as crunch and delays. It does of course raise new challenges such as investment- many studios release trailers and info to generate hype and funding.
> >
> > But I’d like to see games get announced closer to their launch date as I think it may prevent more problems than it creates.
>
> You see Nintendo often take this route. They often don’t announce a game until it is a 6 months to a year, and it usually works out for them.
>
> That said, almost all of Nintendo’s games that are marketed in this way are first party titles, they aren’t self-published games so Cyberpunk isn’t an apples to apples comparison. Halo Infinite is however.

It’s funny you mention that because I was specifically thinking of Nintendo’s Metroid 4 when typing this. Nintendo famously released a trailer back in 2017 and got fans frothing at the mouth for it but the development has apparently been hellacious and development may have even changed hands to a different studio.

I don’t believe Metroid is a “true” first party title but it is an exclusive and I’m not entirely sure where that line is drawn.

Edit: I should also clarify their “trailer” was little more than a fancy powerpoint slide with the title.

> 2533274803493024;12:
> > 2533274927740213;11:
> > > 2533274803493024;9:
> > > I’ve been thinking about this subject a lot lately, and I’ve come up with the opinion that games are announced way too early. If devs just announced their game when it was a year out and mostly done, this could prevent many problems such as crunch and delays. It does of course raise new challenges such as investment- many studios release trailers and info to generate hype and funding.
> > >
> > > But I’d like to see games get announced closer to their launch date as I think it may prevent more problems than it creates.
> >
> > You see Nintendo often take this route. They often don’t announce a game until it is a 6 months to a year, and it usually works out for them.
> >
> > That said, almost all of Nintendo’s games that are marketed in this way are first party titles, they aren’t self-published games so Cyberpunk isn’t an apples to apples comparison. Halo Infinite is however.
>
> It’s funny you mention that because I was specifically thinking of Nintendo’s Metroid 4 when typing this. Nintendo famously released a trailer back in 2017 and got fans frothing at the mouth for it but the development has apparently been hellacious and development may have even changed hands to a different studio.
>
> I don’t believe Metroid is a “true” first party title but it is an exclusive and I’m not entirely sure where that line is drawn.
>
> Edit: I should also clarify their “trailer” was little more than a fancy powerpoint slide with the title.

Yeah it was more of a jpeg lol

That said, I was thinking of the Pokemon games and others like Hyrule Warriors that were announced and then released within the year. I am curious to see if there is a benefit to announcing games earlier than that.

> 2533274980622841;10:
> > 2533274989165227;8:
> > > 2533274980622841;6:
> > > > 2533274989165227;3:
> > > > Well, at least that is something, about the autosave. I wanna try it out, but I’ll wait. I actually feel sorry that Cyberpunk 2077 is mostly(?) a mess, I really like The Witcher and the whole attitude of CD Projekt, hoped they will write history with Cyberpunk but in a good way, like they did with the Witcher, and not the way it happened.
> > > >
> > > > Halo is special to me, and see its route lately, it even feels more badly.
> > > > I agree tho on the point that delaying was a good thing to do, because so far, Infinite look is everything but not next gen, and as for a flagship game to sell Xbox this is a total joke, one of the bad ones. ( But we still love you Craig, the brute.)
> > >
> > > Yea I heard cyberpunk was in development for 7 year!! Which makes me really sad for all the people who has been interested in this game and waited so long, it’s a pretty enjoyable game so far it’s just that I keep getting thrown out of the gaming experience with the bugs and glitches. The art on Halo Infinite that has been shared and information that has been talked about has given me some hype but the demo did disappoint me quite a lot but all the memes about Craig certainly made me laugh and smile.
> > >
> > > Whats your opinion on Halo Infinite being open world?
> >
> > Well, it sounds interesting, I’m not against it. In a way, ODST was too open world, a small one and a bit closed, but still it was more open than before.
> > Surely Infinite map will be bigger.
> > I’m curious how they gonna work this out.
>
> Yea i’m curious too and not against it either, by the information they have shared we will have the opportunity to do side quests like saving marines or take out banish bases or explore interesting structures.
>
> It sounds really exciting, the way ODST handled open world was good but there wasn’t really anything to explore (sure there were some things to see but me personally just focused on getting to the missions and always wished there were more enemy areas to clear out but the atmosphere of the whole game was fantastic.)

I really like the idea to have an oppotunity to save marines and explore more parts of the ring.
Agree about ODST, actually those part must be explored to reveal the story. But the terminals was cool to discover, the story felt more emotional that way, brought it more close to us. If we could save marines in Infinite I hope it will count something,

Aand wish you the best for 2021! Happy New Year!

> 2533274989165227;14:
> > 2533274980622841;10:
> > > 2533274989165227;8:
> > > > 2533274980622841;6:
> > > > > 2533274989165227;3:
> > > > > Well, at least that is something, about the autosave. I wanna try it out, but I’ll wait. I actually feel sorry that Cyberpunk 2077 is mostly(?) a mess, I really like The Witcher and the whole attitude of CD Projekt, hoped they will write history with Cyberpunk but in a good way, like they did with the Witcher, and not the way it happened.
> > > > >
> > > > > Halo is special to me, and see its route lately, it even feels more badly.
> > > > > I agree tho on the point that delaying was a good thing to do, because so far, Infinite look is everything but not next gen, and as for a flagship game to sell Xbox this is a total joke, one of the bad ones. ( But we still love you Craig, the brute.)
> > > >
> > > > Yea I heard cyberpunk was in development for 7 year!! Which makes me really sad for all the people who has been interested in this game and waited so long, it’s a pretty enjoyable game so far it’s just that I keep getting thrown out of the gaming experience with the bugs and glitches. The art on Halo Infinite that has been shared and information that has been talked about has given me some hype but the demo did disappoint me quite a lot but all the memes about Craig certainly made me laugh and smile.
> > > >
> > > > Whats your opinion on Halo Infinite being open world?
> > >
> > > Well, it sounds interesting, I’m not against it. In a way, ODST was too open world, a small one and a bit closed, but still it was more open than before.
> > > Surely Infinite map will be bigger.
> > > I’m curious how they gonna work this out.
> >
> > Yea i’m curious too and not against it either, by the information they have shared we will have the opportunity to do side quests like saving marines or take out banish bases or explore interesting structures.
> >
> > It sounds really exciting, the way ODST handled open world was good but there wasn’t really anything to explore (sure there were some things to see but me personally just focused on getting to the missions and always wished there were more enemy areas to clear out but the atmosphere of the whole game was fantastic.)
>
> I really like the idea to have an oppotunity to save marines and explore more parts of the ring.
> Agree about ODST, actually those part must be explored to reveal the story. But the terminals was cool to discover, the story felt more emotional that way, brought it more close to us. If we could save marines in Infinite I hope it will count something,
>
> Aand wish you the best for 2021! Happy New Year!

Halo ODST I never finished finding all those audio logs and I’ve heard those were really good but I’ve just had trouble you know concentrating when listening to those. Also I think saving marines maybe will add an effective UNSC resistance against the banished but that’s just my theory.

You too man! Happy New Year :slight_smile:

I am skeptical. Very skeptical. We all heard hype from 343 about all the extra time and money spent on a brand new engine, and how everything was going to be so awesome and the best and biggest halo yet. And then we got to actually see it and we got…Craig. (sorry Craig I know its not your fault). Now we get told the same lines, biggest, best, updgraded lighting, new textures, teams hard work…ect. But yet I notice 343 doesn’t actually show use anything, doesn’t actually confirm anything, absolutely refuses to make any statement they might have to be held accountable too. My theory, they know its still sub par, they are still scrambling, and they know we r going to have another mess like H5, but they don’t worry because us fans are faithful and can’t help but buy that new halo game when it comes out… With Microsoft buying all these other developers one can’t help but wonder if one of them might be able to treat this franchise better.

> 2535473219036906;16:
> I am skeptical. Very skeptical. We all heard hype from 343 about all the extra time and money spent on a brand new engine, and how everything was going to be so awesome and the best and biggest halo yet. And then we got to actually see it and we got…Craig. (sorry Craig I know its not your fault). Now we get told the same lines, biggest, best, updgraded lighting, new textures, teams hard work…ect. But yet I notice 343 doesn’t actually show use anything, doesn’t actually confirm anything, absolutely refuses to make any statement they might have to be held accountable too. My theory, they know its still sub par, they are still scrambling, and they know we r going to have another mess like H5, but they don’t worry because us fans are faithful and can’t help but buy that new halo game when it comes out… With Microsoft buying all these other developers one can’t help but wonder if one of them might be able to treat this franchise better.

I agree. We listen the same every time, non sense, marketing -Yoink-, promising all the time. The game is under development since many years now, and we barely saw anything from it. But the things we saw…yes, it’s Craig and the rest which is one of the biggest disappointment.
I like those sound record videos, I think it’s interesting but it’s very minimal. I would gladly see behind the scenes videos like before but none of those too.

About your theory…well that could have been true after they showed us Craig, that’s why they decided to delay it. I say they should worry tho. As far as I see, reading the comments, opinions many of us either skeptical as you also said, or try to bee positive, having a little hope 343 wont screw things up again, and that means 343 dance on thin ice,
Things about the game started to be a bad joke like the TV series.