About the brutes (spoiler)

If you haven’t done/complete the story mode, then don’t until you finish the fight.

I feel so sorry and sad for them in a same time. There home planet was vaporized by Cortana’s action. At first I hate the brutes in Halo 2 and 3 for taking over the elites, almost killed arbiter, and invade earth. But, now I know why they called them Banished because the truth and covenant was forced and enslaved there people for worshiping by the journey on Halo but it was all lie, so the brutes are fighting back and start a new colonies.

2 Likes

The brutes in h2 and h3 are just as much victims as the elites are, probably more so as the elites seem to have been treated as something closer to equals by the prophets, while the brutes never seem to have gotten a ‘councilor’ equivalent and were treated badly by the elites while they were in charge.

That tartarus didn’t accept the truth when shown to him makes sense. He had after all, just gotten his people out from the thumb of the elites, who had treated his people badly. His people had just ascended to the 2nd highest standing in the hierarchy of their faith. Some light bulb and a traitor telling him he’s wrong isn’t suddenly going to make him change his mind.

1 Like

I felt bad especially when you consider the reason Atriox defied the covenant in the first place was to not worship a false god. Until Humanities creation, Cortana, essentially planned to control the entire galaxy, which Atriox stood by his beliefs which caused his home planet to be destroyed.

I empathized with him and the brutes, even after what they did to humanity

I totally understand where Atriox and Escheram were coming from in both games.

Their war with Humanity wasn’t being fought for pure conquest like the Covenant’s. It was being fought out of necessity both times. Humanity created Cortana. From their perspective, humanity was just as much to blame for Doisac as she was. I believe that is why Master Chief’s battle with Escheram ended with mercy and respect. He understood that.

When the Endless come, it would be nice to discover that humanity becomes allied with the former Banished against them. That whoever comes next, after Escheram, doesn’t become their servant. 343 first created a universe where Elites as a whole aren’t the good guys, only some are. And now they have created one where Brutes aren’t all villains either, there is hope for peace.

Humanity will need to bring the current species of the Galaxy together to truly become the reclaimers the Librarian wanted the to be. Create peace through example and leadership, not through domination. Perhaps the Endless will give them the universal threat they need to accomplish that. Which is kind of where I thought they were going with the Created before.