about the 3D on CEA

Just a quick question…obviously the CEA campaign is going to have 3D…is the Reach multiplayer (the one that comes with CEA, not “Reach’s multiplayer”) also going to have 3D added to it? My assumption would be no, but I haven’t heard otherwise, and IMHO, it would be a pretty cool addition.
Also, is the 3D going to be strictly for 3D tv’s, or are there going to be other options similar to Arkam Asylum GOTY. I was planning on getting a 3Dtv next year (not just for this game, I have other reasons as well), and am just curious if I will be able to enjoy the 3D before that or not.

No, it will be only for singlepayer Campaign; the 3D will only be for 3D TVs since it uses the standard data transmission installed with the new Xbox actualization like Gears of Wars, sorry…

But hey, at least here the 3D Monitors aren’t much more expensive than normal 1080p HDMI Monitors. That’ll work for me since I play in my room.

> No, it will be only for singlepayer Campaign; the 3D will only be for 3D TVs since it uses the standard data transmission installed with the new Xbox actualization like Gears of Wars, sorry…

This is correct.

Also, I got to see one of the levels played in 3D. It looks pretty cool. A bit disorrienting at first, but still cool. You know what would be better? If the small flood jumped out through the screen at you. Epic.

> No, it will be only for singlepayer Campaign; the 3D will only be for 3D TVs since it uses the standard data transmission installed with the new Xbox actualization like Gears of Wars, sorry…

You can use 3D over XBL co-op in campaign as well. It is console dependent. At least that’s what I remember from the 3D demo during Halo Fest.

Sadly, my 3D TV doesn’t support the 3D CEA will have. :frowning:

> > No, it will be only for singlepayer Campaign; the 3D will only be for 3D TVs since it uses the standard data transmission installed with the new Xbox actualization like Gears of Wars, sorry…
>
> You can use 3D over XBL co-op in campaign as well. It is console dependent. At least that’s what I remember from the 3D demo during Halo Fest.
>
> Sadly, my 3D TV doesn’t support the 3D CEA will have. :frowning:

Yes, thanks for pointing that out, you’re right. It’s only singleplayer or two via Xbox Live. :slight_smile:

Can you tell why wouldn’t your TV support it, by the way?

> Can you tell why wouldn’t your TV support it, by the way?

I have a LED DLP 3D HDTV. It uses the Checkerboard 3D standard, which was left by the wayside when the new stereoscopic standard took hold (pretty much around the time the PS3 was updated to 3D). The only way I can get CEA to work in 3D for my 61" of high def goodness would be if I bought a converter, which runs about $250.00. I don’t think investing that much money into something just to get 3D for one game is a good idea.

> > Can you tell why wouldn’t your TV support it, by the way?
>
> I have a LED DLP 3D HDTV. It uses the Checkerboard 3D standard, which was left by the wayside when the new stereoscopic standard took hold (pretty much around the time the PS3 was updated to 3D). The only way I can get CEA to work in 3D for my 61" of high def goodness would be if I bought a converter, which runs about $250.00. I don’t think investing that much money into something just to get 3D for one game is a good idea.

I see… It’s a pitty. :S

I hope those converters get a price-drop… Having to buy another 3D TV just for the format is unfair.

And the 3D Monitor I was telling about above of 23" (more than enough for my room) costs 200$ 'round here. I just can believe such a high price for a converter.

> > Can you tell why wouldn’t your TV support it, by the way?
>
> I have a LED DLP 3D HDTV. It uses the Checkerboard 3D standard, which was left by the wayside when the new stereoscopic standard took hold (pretty much around the time the PS3 was updated to 3D). The only way I can get CEA to work in 3D for my 61" of high def goodness would be if I bought a converter, which runs about $250.00. I don’t think investing that much money into something just to get 3D for one game is a good idea.

I could possibly say the same (well, similar) about myself…it does seem like a lot for one game, and if it wer just for Halo CEA I wouldn’t bother, but I also have a PS3, a few 3D compatible games on it, plus a couple of the 3D/Blu Ray/DVD/Digital copy movie bundles such as Tron, so I’m going to get a 3Dtv when I get enough spare cash. That being said, I don’t have one now, but feel your pain, as I just recently upgraded to a flat screen HDMI compatible HDTV (my previous tv was a CRT HDTV…32 in, component input, 1080i…nearly 200lbs…).
Technology, especially the expensive kind, just seems to be advancing so quickly nowadays…

> > > Can you tell why wouldn’t your TV support it, by the way?
> >
> > I have a LED DLP 3D HDTV. It uses the Checkerboard 3D standard, which was left by the wayside when the new stereoscopic standard took hold (pretty much around the time the PS3 was updated to 3D). The only way I can get CEA to work in 3D for my 61" of high def goodness would be if I bought a converter, which runs about $250.00. I don’t think investing that much money into something just to get 3D for one game is a good idea.
>
> I could possibly say the same (well, similar) about myself…it does seem like a lot for one game, and if it wer just for Halo CEA I wouldn’t bother, but I also have a PS3, a few 3D compatible games on it, plus a couple of the 3D/Blu Ray/DVD/Digital copy movie bundles such as Tron, so I’m going to get a 3Dtv when I get enough spare cash. That being said, I don’t have one now, but feel your pain, as I just recently upgraded to a flat screen HDMI compatible HDTV (my previous tv was a CRT HDTV…32 in, component input, 1080i…nearly 200lbs…).
> Technology, especially the expensive kind, just seems to be advancing so quickly nowadays…

My first HDTV was a CRT HDTV also. Darn thing weighed a ton, but then it died and best buy let us trade up for something newer (the TV wasn’t a year old yet).

Thankfully, Panasonic makes a bluray 3D player that is compatible with my 3D HDTV, so I don’t miss out on the 3D too much, just in gaming.