About sprint...

TO be honest, i don’t care about it. It seems like ever one else is “picking which side, and dropping the bomb”. However, to be entirely honest, does it really matter?Sure, increased movement speed would be nice, but not as much as sprint. if everyone was running at sprint speed, IMO it would be to fast. It would make halo one of those games where every is going at flying speed, and make it so chaotic. What I love about halo is that while things can get chaotic, you can also plan ahead, and set up traps, etc etc. I feel like it would loose that if you moved to fast to be honest. Honestly, i think it would be nice to have faster speed, but not that fast all the time. And whether sprint is in or not really doesn’t matter to me.

Most of the arguments I’v seen is that it makes it easier for people to escape, stealing a decent player of their kill. However, the player who escaped is using something that is completly legal in the game. To be honest, if you don’t get the kill, and they use a tool that is within the parameters of the game, and is completly legal, it wasn’t your kill to begin with.

You may call it fair, but let me ask you this. Life isn’t fair, war isn’t fair, love isn’t fait. Nothing is fair, so why should Halo be any different?

Either way, I’ll play halo 4, until Halo 5, and I’ll play Halo 5 until halo 6. I Love Halo, so why should sprint get in my way, and are you really going to let one little feature decide whether you play or not? To be honest, that sounds a little childish to me.

That is all.

(So for my over use of “to be honest” and “honestly”, it’s just how I talk. Know what i mean?)

Sometimes I picture all the people who are against Sprint as surrounding a pulpit on which stands a 343 representative. They’re all shaking their fists in the air and yelling and generally creating a frightful disturbance, but they’re all concentrated in one spot, so it’s easy to just step around them. But then, various people located elsewhere in the room start crying out that Sprint isn’t all that bad, and the crowd realise that they have another place to protest and they go and camp out beside that new person until it becomes impossible to step around them.

What I’m trying to say is: these sort of threads just give people another location in which to rail against everything in sight. In the end, they do more harm than good.

Since there’s no bloom and the BR is back and is hitscan, there should be no problem taking out people who attempt to escape with sprint.

Well, thats how I see it at least.

> TO be honest, i don’t care about it. It seems like ever one else is “picking which side, and dropping the bomb”. However, to be entirely honest, does it really matter?Sure, increased movement speed would be nice, but not as much as sprint. if everyone was running at sprint speed, IMO it would be to fast. It would make halo one of those games where every is going at flying speed, and make it so chaotic. What I love about halo is that while things can get chaotic, you can also plan ahead, and set up traps, etc etc. I feel like it would loose that if you moved to fast to be honest. Honestly, i think it would be nice to have faster speed, but not that fast all the time. And whether sprint is in or not really doesn’t matter to me.
>
> Most of the arguments I’v seen is that it makes it easier for people to escape, stealing a decent player of their kill. However, the player who escaped is using something that is completly legal in the game. To be honest, if you don’t get the kill, and they use a tool that is within the parameters of the game, and is completly legal, it wasn’t your kill to begin with.
>
> You may call it fair, but let me ask you this. Life isn’t fair, war isn’t fair, love isn’t fait. Nothing is fair, so why should Halo be any different?
>
> Either way, I’ll play halo 4, until Halo 5, and I’ll play Halo 5 until halo 6. I Love Halo, so why should sprint get in my way, and are you really going to let one little feature decide whether you play or not? To be honest, that sounds a little childish to me.
>
> That is all.
>
> (So for my over use of “to be honest” and “honestly”, it’s just how I talk. Know what i mean?)

If sprint breaks the multiplayer in halo 4 just like it did in reach it is more than just a little feature. Sprint ruined all balance in reach slowed down gameplay, ruined all the maps, and made certain weapons op. I can go on for days on how bad sprint is for the halo formula.

> > TO be honest, i don’t care about it. It seems like ever one else is “picking which side, and dropping the bomb”. However, to be entirely honest, does it really matter?Sure, increased movement speed would be nice, but not as much as sprint. if everyone was running at sprint speed, IMO it would be to fast. It would make halo one of those games where every is going at flying speed, and make it so chaotic. What I love about halo is that while things can get chaotic, you can also plan ahead, and set up traps, etc etc. I feel like it would loose that if you moved to fast to be honest. Honestly, i think it would be nice to have faster speed, but not that fast all the time. And whether sprint is in or not really doesn’t matter to me.
> >
> > Most of the arguments I’v seen is that it makes it easier for people to escape, stealing a decent player of their kill. However, the player who escaped is using something that is completly legal in the game. To be honest, if you don’t get the kill, and they use a tool that is within the parameters of the game, and is completly legal, it wasn’t your kill to begin with.
> >
> > You may call it fair, but let me ask you this. Life isn’t fair, war isn’t fair, love isn’t fait. Nothing is fair, so why should Halo be any different?
> >
> > Either way, I’ll play halo 4, until Halo 5, and I’ll play Halo 5 until halo 6. I Love Halo, so why should sprint get in my way, and are you really going to let one little feature decide whether you play or not? To be honest, that sounds a little childish to me.
> >
> > That is all.
> >
> > (So for my over use of “to be honest” and “honestly”, it’s just how I talk. Know what i mean?)
>
> If sprint breaks the multiplayer in halo 4 just like it did in reach it is more than just a little feature. Sprint ruined all balance in reach slowed down gameplay, ruined all the maps, and made certain weapons op. I can go on for days on how bad sprint is for the halo formula.

Despite what you may think, there are some people who still enjoy reach to a great extent, my self included. All of what you said is in fact, an opinion. Don’t act like it’s fact.

Map design is my biggest concern.

Sprint in general, compared to reach gimmicks. NBD.

something about sprinting (and especially evading) with a sword towards the other team puts an immense smile on my face: double kill, triple kill, killing spree, slice and dice…

> something about sprinting (and especially evading) with a sword towards the other team puts an immense smile on my face: double kill, triple kill, killing spree, slice and dice…

god i wish i could thumb down forum posts…

Here is the thing with sprint. When you combine it with relatively long kill times and a game that is designed for you to get back to 100% fighting strength after every individual encounter, it doesn’t mix well.

You may take that as an opinion, but it is founded on very solid logic. It simply delays the inevitable and breaks the flow of gameplay. That much really can’t be denied.

And you ask why Halo 4 should be fair when everything else isn’t…maybe because it can be. Wouldn’t that be nice for a change?