About LE's 2 Discs...

There has been some speculation about what’s written on the bottom of the lower disc in this picture.

As you can see in this high quality version of it, it says on the bottom “SC 2” which should obviously be “DISC 2”. It does not say “IGN” which would suggest “CAMPAIGN”. Look for yourself.

Sorry if this is a pointless topic for some of you but I just wanted to clarify that.

I would imagine the lower disc would be bonus content. such as FUD or some things like the halo 3 essentials.

I believe it was confirmed by whoever posted the pictures (Mighty Ape?) that the second disc is campaign.

Besides, I think its obvious. The disc art is a Cryptum.

> I would imagine the lower disc would be bonus content. such as FUD or some things like the halo 3 essentials.

It was confirmed that FUD will be available on via streaming on Waypoint.

> I would imagine the lower disc would be bonus content. such as FUD or some things like the halo 3 essentials.

FUD is digital, and nothing has been said of any other bonus content that would require an entirely separate disc.

> I believe it was confirmed by whoever posted the pictures (Mighty Ape?) that the second disc is campaign.
>
> Besides, I think its obvious. The disc art is a Cryptum.

This is a new, high quality picture of it. Look at it and it clearly says “SC 2”. What else could it say besides “DISC 2”?

i doubt campaign would be on a seperate disc coz that seems kinda stupid but then again 8GB multiplayer does seem to take up alot of space

> > I believe it was confirmed by whoever posted the pictures (Mighty Ape?) that the second disc is campaign.
> >
> > Besides, I think its obvious. The disc art is a Cryptum.
>
> This is a new, high quality picture of it. Look at it and it clearly says “SC 2”. What else could it say besides “DISC 2”?

I don’t think you understood what I said.

I meant that is says “Disc 2”. It doesn’t need to say Campaign, because it is obvious that it is because of the Cryptum.

> i doubt campaign would be on a seperate disc coz that seems kinda stupid but then again 8GB multiplayer does seem to take up alot of space

I believe Mighty Ape confirmed that one disc was Campaign and the other is multiplayer.

Besides, a separate disc for campaign can only mean one thing. The campaign is huge!

> > i doubt campaign would be on a seperate disc coz that seems kinda stupid but then again 8GB multiplayer does seem to take up alot of space
>
> I believe Mighty Ape confirmed that one disc was Campaign and the other is multiplayer.
>
> Besides, a separate disc for campaign can only mean one thing. The campaign is huge!

if multiplayer is 8GB then campaign has gotta be the same if not more in storge requirements

> > > i doubt campaign would be on a seperate disc coz that seems kinda stupid but then again 8GB multiplayer does seem to take up alot of space
> >
> > I believe Mighty Ape confirmed that one disc was Campaign and the other is multiplayer.
> >
> > Besides, a separate disc for campaign can only mean one thing. The campaign is huge!
>
> if multiplayer is 8GB then campaign has gotta be the same if not more in storge requirements

I’m pretty sure they did say Halo 4’s campaign was the biggest in the series…

With everything else they’re squeezing into Halo 4, along with stunning graphics and all the content in multiplayer, I wouldn’t be surprised if the campaign needed to be put on a separate disc. As a campaign and story lover, this is amazing news for me!

> I meant that is says “Disc 2”. It doesn’t need to say Campaign, because it is obvious that it is because of the Cryptum.

In that case, I’ve discussed this already in this topic.

> LE will include as bonus content:
>
> - War Games Map Pack; nine maps that will be included in a future DLC.
> - Instant access to Specializations.
> - UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet including MJOLNIR armor schematics, weapon information
> and a layout of the indoctrination of the SPARTAN-IVs.
> - The 90-minute extended edition of the ViDoc, Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn.
> - Exclusive armor permutations, emblems, SPARTAN skins and weapon skins.
> - Exclusive Assault Rifle weapon skin.
> - Bonus in-fiction content providing backstory on characters and stories in Halo 4:
> - Forward Unto Dawn.
> - The Making of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn.
> - Special Featurette: Bringing Gaming to Reality.
> - Avatar Gear.
>
> That’s a lot of stuff and the videos alone should take at least half of a disc. Besides, the 8 GB required storage so you can install it to your HDD is probably so the game can play at normal speeds since there must be so much content in the game.

Just because it has some game art on the disc doesn’t mean it has to be part of the main game. Now don’t get me wrong. I think a plethora of content that would require 2 discs would be great news as well but based on such information, I don’t think we’ll get 2 discs.

> i doubt campaign would be on a seperate disc coz that seems kinda stupid but then again 8GB multiplayer does seem to take up alot of space

Well if you have played any Games that have 2 disks you know how annoying it is (Looks at Mass effect Games)

well all i can say is if its that big prepare to be in a state of undisturbed trance when u start playing… i know i will be

> > > I meant that is says “Disc 2”. It doesn’t need to say Campaign, because it is obvious that it is because of the Cryptum.
> >
> > In that case, I’ve discussed this already in this topic.
> >
> >
> >
> > > LE will include as bonus content:
> > >
> > > - War Games Map Pack; nine maps that will be included in a future DLC.
> > > - Instant access to Specializations.
> > > - UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet including MJOLNIR armor schematics, weapon information
> > > and a layout of the indoctrination of the SPARTAN-IVs.
> > > - The 90-minute extended edition of the ViDoc, Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn.
> > > - Exclusive armor permutations, emblems, SPARTAN skins and weapon skins.
> > > - Exclusive Assault Rifle weapon skin.
> > > - Bonus in-fiction content providing backstory on characters and stories in Halo 4:
> > > - Forward Unto Dawn.
> > > - The Making of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn.
> > > - Special Featurette: Bringing Gaming to Reality.
> > > - Avatar Gear.
> > >
> > > That’s a lot of stuff and the videos alone should take at least half of a disc. Besides, the 8 GB required storage so you can install it to your HDD is probably so the game can play at normal speeds since there must be so much content in the game.
> >
> > Just because it has some game art on the disc doesn’t mean it has to be part of the main game.
>
> But how much of that requires a disc?
>
> The Map Pack Access can come as codes.
> Specializations are in-game. A code can be used, like downloading a map pack.
> Briefing Packet is paper.
> Forward Unto Dawn is digital.
> Codes
> Codes
> Possibly paper. There are a lot of papers around there, besides the Briefing Packet.
> Digital
> Still Digital, I’m sure.
> Possibly digital.
> Codes
>
> Most of that are for codes. And they said Forward Unto Dawn is digital.
>
>
>
> Besides, in the description of those pictures, Mighty Ape said one disc is for campaign and one is for multiplayer.
> I’ll work on finding the link.
> We’ll hopefully know more in the Bulliten (today?).

[deleted]

just bc everything can be digital downloaded. don’t forget some games actually just put dlc on a disc so u can download it all in one instead of putting in so many codes. like dragon age orgin ultimate edition it came with a dlc disc. if thts not the case could be a making of halo 4 disc I thought I heard something about when we get halo we be able to watch how it was developed.

… How many gigs are required to play H4’s MP?
… Disc 2 is the MP portion of the game to be installed?