About Halsey’s Arm

I don’t know if anyone else has covered this, but I recently played through the H5 campaign and noticed that they mention that it was Jul ‘Mdama that made Halsey loose her arm when in fact in Halo 4 Spartan Ops it is clearly Commander Sara Palmer that causes the wound to Halsey’s arm which had caused enough damage and with no proper medical attention (I doubt that Jul would’ve cared enough to help her in any way that doesn’t involve amputation anyway) required that her arm be amputated, which means that in Halo 5 they completely brush off the fact that Halsey’s left arm being amputated was Palmer’s fault and Halsey acts like it’s all fine when she’s around Palmer even though Palmer is the reason for her missing an arm (YES I know it is very late now but I have not seen anyone cover this so I thought that I would).

While Palmer caused the injury ultimately it was Jul who just chopped the arm off rather than fix it so it is more his fault. For all we know her arm could have been easily fixed and Jul was like check this out and just chopped it off.

> 2533274816788253;2:
> While Palmer caused the injury ultimately it was Jul who just chopped the arm off rather than fix it so it is more his fault. For all we know her arm could have been easily fixed and Jul was like check this out and just chopped it off.

How exectly could Jul have fix it? I highly doubt they know much about human anatomy, let alone being able to do a good job of anything at all due to all of their species they have not have the best set of hands to work on a human body as let’s face it the best species to fix humans up are humans and the people who come the closest are Sangheili, but they still have big hands and long fingers that would make it difficult for the Sangheili to operate on humans. So amputation would’ve been required regardless and even if Jul had chopped her arm off intentionally because he was mad that she betrayed him initially, she would’ve required amputation anyway without the proper care her wound needed (which they would very unlikely have been able to provide for a human and then she could get an infection with would require amputation or her injury was in a bad spot which meant immediate amputation anyway).

> 2533274957304050;3:
> > 2533274816788253;2:
> > While Palmer caused the injury ultimately it was Jul who just chopped the arm off rather than fix it so it is more his fault. For all we know her arm could have been easily fixed and Jul was like check this out and just chopped it off.
>
> How exectly could Jul have fix it? I highly doubt they know much about human anatomy, let alone being able to do a good job of anything at all due to all of their species they have not have the best set of hands to work on a human body as let’s face it the best species to fix humans up are humans and the people who come the closest are Sangheili, but they still have big hands and long fingers that would make it difficult for the Sangheili to operate on humans. So amputation would’ve been required regardless and even if Jul had chopped her arm off intentionally because he was mad that she betrayed him initially, she would’ve required amputation anyway without the proper care her wound needed (which they would very unlikely have been able to provide for a human and then she could get an infection with would require amputation or her injury was in a bad spot which meant immediate amputation anyway).

As long as the war has been against humans they probably have a really good understanding of human anatomy. I think you aren’t taking into account the advanced technology they have in the future. They probably even operate by hand any more. They probably just program a machine and it does everything.

> 2533274816788253;4:
> > 2533274957304050;3:
> > > 2533274816788253;2:
> > > While Palmer caused the injury ultimately it was Jul who just chopped the arm off rather than fix it so it is more his fault. For all we know her arm could have been easily fixed and Jul was like check this out and just chopped it off.
> >
> > How exectly could Jul have fix it? I highly doubt they know much about human anatomy, let alone being able to do a good job of anything at all due to all of their species they have not have the best set of hands to work on a human body as let’s face it the best species to fix humans up are humans and the people who come the closest are Sangheili, but they still have big hands and long fingers that would make it difficult for the Sangheili to operate on humans. So amputation would’ve been required regardless and even if Jul had chopped her arm off intentionally because he was mad that she betrayed him initially, she would’ve required amputation anyway without the proper care her wound needed (which they would very unlikely have been able to provide for a human and then she could get an infection with would require amputation or her injury was in a bad spot which meant immediate amputation anyway).
>
> As long as the war has been against humans they probably have a really good understanding of human anatomy. I think you aren’t taking into account the advanced technology they have in the future. They probably even operate by hand any more. They probably just program a machine and it does everything.

That goes out the door when you see that the Sangheili doctors are using little tools on the first pre-mission sort of intermission on Sanghelios, and I forgot ONE LITTLE DETAIL about the Sangheili which would’ve also attributed to her arm being amputated, the Sangheili do not treat wounds as they see it being dishonorable which would mean that they wouldn’t attend to Halsey’s would meaning that either they amputated her arm after it got infected or too far gone, OR Halsey MIGHT have done it herself and while if is a big MIGHT it is not out of the question as she is an expert in many things scientifically and obviously she knows about the human anatomy which means that if it came to it than she may have amputated it herself since she could recognize when and infection is occurring or there is no saving her arm.

> 2533274957304050;5:
> > 2533274816788253;4:
> > > 2533274957304050;3:
> > > > 2533274816788253;2:
> > > > While Palmer caused the injury ultimately it was Jul who just chopped the arm off rather than fix it so it is more his fault. For all we know her arm could have been easily fixed and Jul was like check this out and just chopped it off.
> > >
> > > How exectly could Jul have fix it? I highly doubt they know much about human anatomy, let alone being able to do a good job of anything at all due to all of their species they have not have the best set of hands to work on a human body as let’s face it the best species to fix humans up are humans and the people who come the closest are Sangheili, but they still have big hands and long fingers that would make it difficult for the Sangheili to operate on humans. So amputation would’ve been required regardless and even if Jul had chopped her arm off intentionally because he was mad that she betrayed him initially, she would’ve required amputation anyway without the proper care her wound needed (which they would very unlikely have been able to provide for a human and then she could get an infection with would require amputation or her injury was in a bad spot which meant immediate amputation anyway).
> >
> > As long as the war has been against humans they probably have a really good understanding of human anatomy. I think you aren’t taking into account the advanced technology they have in the future. They probably even operate by hand any more. They probably just program a machine and it does everything.
>
> That goes out the door when you see that the Sangheili doctors are using little tools on the first pre-mission sort of intermission on Sanghelios, and I forgot ONE LITTLE DETAIL about the Sangheili which would’ve also attributed to her arm being amputated, the Sangheili do not treat wounds as they see it being dishonorable which would mean that they wouldn’t attend to Halsey’s would meaning that either they amputated her arm after it got infected or too far gone, OR Halsey MIGHT have done it herself and while if is a big MIGHT it is not out of the question as she is an expert in many things scientifically and obviously she knows about the human anatomy which means that if it came to it than she may have amputated it herself since she could recognize when and infection is occurring or there is no saving her arm.

Just because they were using them there doesn’t mean they don’t have the ability. Different procedures require different techniques. They could have been doing something minor there that don’t require a machine to do it. Of course odds are even if they could have saved her arm they wouldn’t have but doesn’t change that ultimately it was Jul that chopped her arm off. As far as why she acted all fine around Palmer there can be a few guesses #1 what could she do to Palmer? Not like she could get into a cat fight with her, Palmer would crush her. #2 she knew Palmer was just following orders so it’s not like she did it out of malice. #3 at the time she was more worried about Master Chief and what was happening than losing her arm. She thinks of John like a son. And of course #4 343 was just all over the place with H5 build up and story it could have just been over looked. Considering H5 was supposed to be a “hunt the truth” and we didn’t have to hunt anything a detail like how should Halsey act when she meets Palmer definitely wasn’t considered.

> 2533274816788253;6:
> > 2533274957304050;5:
> > > 2533274816788253;4:
> > > > 2533274957304050;3:
> > > > > 2533274816788253;2:
> > > > > While Palmer caused the injury ultimately it was Jul who just chopped the arm off rather than fix it so it is more his fault. For all we know her arm could have been easily fixed and Jul was like check this out and just chopped it off.
> > > >
> > > > How exectly could Jul have fix it? I highly doubt they know much about human anatomy, let alone being able to do a good job of anything at all due to all of their species they have not have the best set of hands to work on a human body as let’s face it the best species to fix humans up are humans and the people who come the closest are Sangheili, but they still have big hands and long fingers that would make it difficult for the Sangheili to operate on humans. So amputation would’ve been required regardless and even if Jul had chopped her arm off intentionally because he was mad that she betrayed him initially, she would’ve required amputation anyway without the proper care her wound needed (which they would very unlikely have been able to provide for a human and then she could get an infection with would require amputation or her injury was in a bad spot which meant immediate amputation anyway).
> > >
> > > As long as the war has been against humans they probably have a really good understanding of human anatomy. I think you aren’t taking into account the advanced technology they have in the future. They probably even operate by hand any more. They probably just program a machine and it does everything.
> >
> > That goes out the door when you see that the Sangheili doctors are using little tools on the first pre-mission sort of intermission on Sanghelios, and I forgot ONE LITTLE DETAIL about the Sangheili which would’ve also attributed to her arm being amputated, the Sangheili do not treat wounds as they see it being dishonorable which would mean that they wouldn’t attend to Halsey’s would meaning that either they amputated her arm after it got infected or too far gone, OR Halsey MIGHT have done it herself and while if is a big MIGHT it is not out of the question as she is an expert in many things scientifically and obviously she knows about the human anatomy which means that if it came to it than she may have amputated it herself since she could recognize when and infection is occurring or there is no saving her arm.
>
> Just because they were using them there doesn’t mean they don’t have the ability. Different procedures require different techniques. They could have been doing something minor there that don’t require a machine to do it. Of course odds are even if they could have saved her arm they wouldn’t have but doesn’t change that ultimately it was Jul that chopped her arm off. As far as why she acted all fine around Palmer there can be a few guesses #1 what could she do to Palmer? Not like she could get into a cat fight with her, Palmer would crush her. #2 she knew Palmer was just following orders so it’s not like she did it out of malice. #3 at the time she was more worried about Master Chief and what was happening than losing her arm. She thinks of John like a son. And of course #4 343 was just all over the place with H5 build up and story it could have just been over looked. Considering H5 was supposed to be a “hunt the truth” and we didn’t have to hunt anything a detail like how should Halsey act when she meets Palmer definitely wasn’t considered.

All true except that see didn’t have to get into a fight with her to show her resentment towards her as at the end of Spartan Ops she obviously wanted revenge and had a searing hate for Palmer having been betrayed by her own kind.

[deleted]

> 2535437031951215;8:
> It’s said that elites don’t have nearly as good medicine or caring techniques as humans do, and they are more trained in combat medicine type practices such as amputation.

Well from what I heard in the audio logs in the H5 campaign while on Sanghelios the Sangheili consider treating any wounds, death on an operating table, death not on or from the battlefield, and even being a medic as a Sangheili to be dishonorable so I don’t doubt that their medical expertise is lacking.

The whole situation is a mess that 343 rushed out.