About Halo 4 Squad Battle's Population.

Numerous times I have tried to search for a game in this playlist with no success every time. I am just constantly stuck in a lobby “searching for players”. Is the population really that low that no games can be found even on weekends? When is the best time to search for a match?

What region are you in as I usually never have trouble finding games late afternoon, evening and night time in EST timezone.

Found the Australian :).

No seriously, these ranked wins need to go the way of the dodo.

> 2533274816788253;2:
> What region are you in as I usually never have trouble finding games late afternoon, evening and night time in EST timezone.

I’m from the UK, so GMT.

> 2533274809226598;4:
> > 2533274816788253;2:
> > What region are you in as I usually never have trouble finding games late afternoon, evening and night time in EST timezone.
>
> I’m from the UK, so GMT.

I just found a game in less than a minute, my rank is 16. Maybe try a hard reset of your Xbox and then relaunch the game. Being a holiday weekend there should be a big population, at least here in America.

I don’t have any trouble finding games, but I’m in the US.

Man not only did I find a game but it was CTF and my team actually won… Definitely stopping for now to catch up on house/garage work.

> 2533274816788253;7:
> Man not only did I find a game but it was CTF and my team actually won… Definitely stopping for now to catch up on house/garage work.

I actually found a game as well (kinda wondered if I’d see you, to be honest, lol). But as luck would have it I actually had the guy who I used to carry in Halo: Combat Evolved Team Doubles on my team. I’ll say no more on that, you can pretty much guess the outcome of the match xD

I absolutely detest challenges that force you to play competitive.

> 2533274807119638;9:
> I absolutely detest challenges that force you to play competitive.

Yeah screw those competitive players they don’t deserve any challenges…hahaha no one is forcing any one to do the challenges… Don’t like it don’t do it.

> 2533274816788253;10:
> > 2533274807119638;9:
> > I absolutely detest challenges that force you to play competitive.
>
> Yeah screw those competitive players they don’t deserve any challenges…hahaha no one is forcing any one to do the challenges… Don’t like it don’t do it.

Some people literally cant even complete it because the playlist is dead in their region. Nice big brain moment there bud.

I fail to see the challenge aspect here. I can just afk like an idiot an still get the wins if I grind the games out.

During my 15 wins (25 ish games) I always had one guy (mostly on the enemy team for a change, believe it or not) leave if it’s CTF. If the mode is dominion, there is at least one gut afking in the back or walking and looking at the base like an interior decorator…

I’m in the UK and I generally have no problems finding matches in Squad Battle. My go to ranked mode nowadays, since there’s no proper Reach competitive mode.

> 2535467341363106;12:
> I fail to see the challenge aspect here. I can just afk like an idiot an still get the wins if I grind the games out.
>
> During my 15 wins (25 ish games) I always had one guy (mostly on the enemy team for a change, believe it or not) leave if it’s CTF. If the mode is dominion, there is at least one gut afking in the back or walking and looking at the base like an interior decorator…

And this also, you can just queue up squad battle all night for a week and not even play and get the 15 wins eventually. Your teammates will carry you, eventually. Its a terrible challenge, through and through.

> 2533274807119638;11:
> > 2533274816788253;10:
> > > 2533274807119638;9:
> > > I absolutely detest challenges that force you to play competitive.
> >
> > Yeah screw those competitive players they don’t deserve any challenges…hahaha no one is forcing any one to do the challenges… Don’t like it don’t do it.
>
> Some people literally cant even complete it because the playlist is dead in their region. Nice big brain moment there bud.

Yeah I guess they should only make challenges that cater to those who live in remote areas with low population… That makes sense. Sorry for those who live in the sticks but the majority don’t have an issue finding a game.

> 2533274816788253;15:
> > 2533274807119638;11:
> > > 2533274816788253;10:
> > > > 2533274807119638;9:
> > > > I absolutely detest challenges that force you to play competitive.
> > >
> > > Yeah screw those competitive players they don’t deserve any challenges…hahaha no one is forcing any one to do the challenges… Don’t like it don’t do it.
> >
> > Some people literally cant even complete it because the playlist is dead in their region. Nice big brain moment there bud.
>
> Yeah I guess they should only make challenges that cater to those who live in remote areas with low population… That makes sense. Sorry for those who live in the sticks but the majority don’t have an issue finding a game.

Oh, I had no issue finding a game either. I completed the challenge in less than a few hours, won 15 out of 16 games or so.

Also refer to my other comment: you can just queue up squad battle all night for a week and not even play and get the 15 wins eventually. Your teammates will carry you, eventually. Its a terrible challenge, through and through.

> 2533274807119638;16:
> > 2533274816788253;15:
> > > 2533274807119638;11:
> > > > 2533274816788253;10:
> > > > > 2533274807119638;9:
> > > > > I absolutely detest challenges that force you to play competitive.
> > > >
> > > > Yeah screw those competitive players they don’t deserve any challenges…hahaha no one is forcing any one to do the challenges… Don’t like it don’t do it.
> > >
> > > Some people literally cant even complete it because the playlist is dead in their region. Nice big brain moment there bud.
> >
> > Yeah I guess they should only make challenges that cater to those who live in remote areas with low population… That makes sense. Sorry for those who live in the sticks but the majority don’t have an issue finding a game.
>
> Oh, I had no issue finding a game either. I completed the challenge in less than a few hours, won 15 out of 16 games or so.
>
> Also refer to my other comment: you can just queue up squad battle all night for a week and not even play and get the 15 wins eventually. Your teammates will carry you, eventually. Its a terrible challenge, through and through.

I have no issues with the challenge… It’s a SEASONAL challenge. Sorry most are so impatient they think they should be able to finish it in one day. Gamers today are so fickle if the challenge doesn’t cater directly to them they complain.

When I’m searching for a game I usually go into customization and tweak my spartan and usually always find a match. Weird but it works.

The problem with ranked isn’t that people are forced to play it, but rather that there’s no true incentive to.

Once upon a time, ranked was literally the only way to play someone of your skill level. Halo 3 had a massive population, and while TrueSkill did its job in social matching up players that had a wide net of skill yet made things at least sort of balanced, ranked allowed one to play people close to their skill. With challenge, players don’t become bored of the game, and there was a large variety of social and ranked playlists to choose from.

Fast forward to today, and social matchmaking has hidden MMR, just like previous games to an extent that use Microsoft’s TrueSkill. Not only that, but a good portion of the playerbase today aren’t new players. They’re people who have played the game for awhile and have thumbs/hands that can aim. Social has become a more competitive experience because people now have a pretty good idea of how to play the game. They generally know weapon placements, efficient ways to get kills, and have some aiming skill along with coordination with their teammates. Most people are fine with Social because they are playing people close to their skill, so why go to competitive?

The only reason to go to ranked playlists is to play Hardcore or Invasion. That’s it. Yeah you have some challenges, but would you really continue to play ranked after you completed the associated challenges? I’m fine with how the Hardcore playlists are organized (except for them being called Hardcore, they’re not “Hardcore” it’s misleading and stupid so call them Arena as it’s more inviting instead of gatekeeping), however there’s nothing to support them. There’s no Snipers, there’s no FFA/Lone Wolves, there’s no SWAT. Those have all been moved to social for no reason when they have traditionally been ranked with the exception of SWAT in some instances (Halo 3 and 5 were the only games that had ranked SWAT). I suggest that as a rotational playlist those ranked modes should be added and maybe even associated with challenges to help spice things up. Recon Slayer was a step in the right direction, so I suggest that 343 should maintain that philosophy.

Ever since the last update MCC is region locked so you can’t connect to servers outside your closest regions, so If you outside the US finding comp games is nearly impossible.