About Halo 4,changes and catching up(Updated)

Jackal redesign:
Yeah yeah we’ve all seen the new Jackal design and a lot of you are complaining about how there not “Avian like” in Halo 4. It is known that when Jackals discovered space travel they started populating other planets this resulted in durastic changes in their looks.The skirmishers are a great example of that.The original Jackals are a mix of both,the skirmishers are the more avian type of Jackal due to the enviroment they were born in,these new jackals are more lizard like due to their enviroment,Animals adapt to there enviroment resulting in the change of their looks. there’s a theory im not sure if it was confirmed but the theory is Raptors eventually sprouted feathers and beaks over time Kind of like skirmeshers and eventually became birds of prey.

Grunt redesign:A long with the jackals durastic change the grunts have changed a lot also.This is just a theory we’re throwing around here but we belive that the changes to the grunts exoskeleton are the result of mutation and a change in enviroment.Heat has a big factor in it,they could have molted there exoskeleton but not completly. As you can see there are still hints of an exoskeleton around the forearms and the legs and torso but the rest is lizard skin.This is most likely the result of living on Sanghellios which is clearly a planet for a lizard like species like the Elites.Resulting in the changing of their skin to fit their enviroment and also be more flexible.

The Ancient Evil:
Im going to start this off by saying Precursors.
First off we’re not fighting real forerunners,ill get to that later.Point is forerunners like the Didact,The master builder (Presumed dead) have no reason to interfere or attack humans,UNLESS under the influence of someone…something else.
The didact has no reason to attack humans and would be more of a positive thing if he came to earth then a negative.The Didact would not attack humans when he very well knows that the librarian cares to much about us also he liked humans.For those who think he would be angry about the destruction of the rings,if he knew it was to stop the flood he would have allowed it he knows how much of a threat the flood is.

Why it isn’t the master builder:
He also has no reason to attack humanity,he is a builder class,unable to control Promethean AIs and its clearly obvious that they are under the influence of something else.Cryptum’s are made by prometheans such as the didact for prometheans.In the aniversary terminal 10 343 guilty spark says he would like to have the company of prometheans with him but if he did "HE WOULD HAVE TO BE HERE TO AND THEY WOULD PREFFER THE FLOOD IF THE LIBRARIAN ISN’T HERE TO TEMPER HIS RAGE" We have a cryptum in Halo 4,we have prometheans but nothing that points to the master builder.He will not be a main part of halo 4,maybe mentioned by the didact but not an enemy and I doubt he will make an appearance.

Precursors:The forerunner technology we know and have seen so far has been blue,the hostile AIs we have seen so far have been orange,this can’t be an argument of different artistic direction because there are blue faction present on the shield world also.But when Cortana had her little “Outburst” she flickered orange because she is going rampant. As we know the primordial after 43 years had driven mendicant bias to rampancy and he killed forerunners due to being under the influence of a precursor,this is what i belive is happening to the didact,there is no doubt the didact shall play a big role in Halo 4,but he is not evil.Cortana doesn’t want “IT” to leave the planet because it is heading for humanity. The precursors said they would return to earth in 100,000 years to test the flood on humans once again,we all know the threat of the flood and how powerfull it is,and precursor flood would be much worse,a bunch of powerful pureforms,seems like much more of a threat then the didact and his promethean AIs.

Enemy classes:
So far we have seen 3 main classes:
The knight
The crawler
The watcher
But we have also seen a bigger version of crawler and Knight both with some type of hard light mane.Also we have two factions of AI,orange and blue,as for reasons i have stated earlier i think the orange faction seems to be the rampant side.
Elite
Jackal
Grunt
Not confirmed to be returning:
Hunter
Brute
Engineer

The covanent :As we all know the covanent has returned and are more hostile then ever,in looks and leathality.We all thought the Covanent disbanded and the elites were cool with humans. Well for those that don’t know,back on sanghellious there’s a power struggle the arbiters faction that are cool with humans then there’s the hostile faction that think they should finish us off.That’s who we’ll be facing,they don’t have many ships or many resources which is the reason there armor looks different,its a whole new covanent,its not religious its for Human extinction.For those wondering why other factions are back and others might not be,Jackals are still willing to fight with the elites as long as they get paid,well there willing to be on anyone’s side.Its possible we MIGHT see brutes back in halo 4,because some are still loyal to the elites but not many,The elites also have grunts on there planets as workers and who wouldn’t miss those little annoying monstrosities.

Possible charecters entering/returning:
Didact
Precursor
Librarian
343 Guilty spark/Chakas
The Arbiter
Spirit of fire’s crew

Elites and Sanghelios:
Currently Elites are in a state of Civil war its the Arbiter Vs The Covanent that wants to obliterate humanity,they are relying on Alien races to do there work for them,its been so long that they have forgotten to work for themselves.They have limited weapons but are being supplied weapons by the UNSC,they also have Limeted Vehicles and Ships.Why you might not see any female elites is because they hold high political power and Elites also don’t have many doctors due to the Females being in high political power and the males being stubborn and thinking that if a male is a doctor they are a girl.There are those that even think that Humans should drag a Halo ring over Sangelios and kill all of them.

Brutes:After the war ended many of the Covanent species returned to their home worlds like the Elites.The brutes are also in a civil war and have returned to their primal and primitive nature,some are servants to the Elites like the grunts and Jackals.

Jackals:The Jackals go anywhere they can be paid,they are pirates they will work with the UNSC or the other covanent species as long as they get paid.

Vehicles spotted so far:
Warthog.
Falcon.
Ghost
Wraith
Pelican
Mech like thing
New elephant/mammoth
Cyclops.
Scorpion

This thread is going to be about my thoughts and theorys of halo 4 why things have changed and etc regarding the ancient evil,enemy classes,spartan 4s and the ancient evil.

If only we could find a similar reason that the Grunts look differant. Personally, I don’t mind their new look, but It would be kind of neat for there to be an actual scientific, believable reason for their differant appearance. I am willing to go with the genetic mutation theory that has been running around the internet. I also beleive that they do still have an exoskeleton, it just looks differant from the normal Unggoy exoskeleton because of the fact that exoskeletons most likely can develop different skin type textures depending on location and environment.

> If only we could find a similar reason that the Grunts look differant. Personally, I don’t mind their new look, but It would be kind of neat for there to be an actual scientific, believable reason for their differant appearance. I am willing to go with the genetic mutation theory that has been running around the internet. I also beleive that they do still have an exoskeleton, it just looks differant from the normal Unggoy exoskeleton because of the fact that exoskeletons most likely can develop different skin type textures depending on location and environment.

Yeah,im also still thinking of one, you can see around there arms legs and torso its kind of there but im still not sure if it would work in this situation.

> > If only we could find a similar reason that the Grunts look differant. Personally, I don’t mind their new look, but It would be kind of neat for there to be an actual scientific, believable reason for their differant appearance. I am willing to go with the genetic mutation theory that has been running around the internet. I also beleive that they do still have an exoskeleton, it just looks differant from the normal Unggoy exoskeleton because of the fact that exoskeletons most likely can develop different skin type textures depending on location and environment.
>
> Yeah,im also still thinking of one, you can see around there arms legs and torso its kind of there but im still not sure if it would work in this situation.

I think that years of mass breeding and living in the extremely differant environmental conditions on Sanghelios could’ve given them a slightly thinner exoskeleton with a reptillian skin texture.

> > > If only we could find a similar reason that the Grunts look differant. Personally, I don’t mind their new look, but It would be kind of neat for there to be an actual scientific, believable reason for their differant appearance. I am willing to go with the genetic mutation theory that has been running around the internet. I also beleive that they do still have an exoskeleton, it just looks differant from the normal Unggoy exoskeleton because of the fact that exoskeletons most likely can develop different skin type textures depending on location and environment.
> >
> > Yeah,im also still thinking of one, you can see around there arms legs and torso its kind of there but im still not sure if it would work in this situation.
>
> I think that years of mass breeding and living in the extremely differant environmental conditions on Sanghelios could’ve given them a slightly thinner exoskeleton with a reptillian skin texture.

That makes a lot of sense actually,but i think the design should have had a bit more exoskeleton like have the reptilian skin more around there joints to they could move better but have more exoskeleton just around the limbs not to thick but i think they have a little to much reptile skin,they haven’t been living there too long.

> > > > If only we could find a similar reason that the Grunts look differant. Personally, I don’t mind their new look, but It would be kind of neat for there to be an actual scientific, believable reason for their differant appearance. I am willing to go with the genetic mutation theory that has been running around the internet. I also beleive that they do still have an exoskeleton, it just looks differant from the normal Unggoy exoskeleton because of the fact that exoskeletons most likely can develop different skin type textures depending on location and environment.
> > >
> > > Yeah,im also still thinking of one, you can see around there arms legs and torso its kind of there but im still not sure if it would work in this situation.
> >
> > I think that years of mass breeding and living in the extremely differant environmental conditions on Sanghelios could’ve given them a slightly thinner exoskeleton with a reptillian skin texture.
>
> That makes a lot of sense actually,but i think the design should have had a bit more exoskeleton like have the reptilian skin more around there joints to they could move better but have more exoskeleton just around the limbs not to thick but i think they have a little to much reptile skin,they haven’t been living there too long.

I see what you meen, but we have what we have and I guess we have to stick with it, huh?

Then again,there exoskeleton could have molted and they could have adapted to the heat and the lower gravity resulting in reptilian skin for more mobility.Or it could be another species of grunt that simply lived on a hotter planet resulting in the reasons we have stated before.

> > > > > If only we could find a similar reason that the Grunts look differant. Personally, I don’t mind their new look, but It would be kind of neat for there to be an actual scientific, believable reason for their differant appearance. I am willing to go with the genetic mutation theory that has been running around the internet. I also beleive that they do still have an exoskeleton, it just looks differant from the normal Unggoy exoskeleton because of the fact that exoskeletons most likely can develop different skin type textures depending on location and environment.
> > > >
> > > > Yeah,im also still thinking of one, you can see around there arms legs and torso its kind of there but im still not sure if it would work in this situation.
> > >
> > > I think that years of mass breeding and living in the extremely differant environmental conditions on Sanghelios could’ve given them a slightly thinner exoskeleton with a reptillian skin texture.
> >
> > That makes a lot of sense actually,but i think the design should have had a bit more exoskeleton like have the reptilian skin more around there joints to they could move better but have more exoskeleton just around the limbs not to thick but i think they have a little to much reptile skin,they haven’t been living there too long.
>
> I see what you meen, but we have what we have and I guess we have to stick with it, huh?

Yeah,but the look isn’t bad it just could have been a bit better.

> Then again,there exoskeleton could have molted and they could have adapted to the heat and the lower gravity resulting in reptilian skin for more mobility.Or it could be another species of grunt that simply lived on a hotter planet resulting in the reasons we have stated before.

But, what planet could they have colonized or lived on long enough to develop a reptillian skin other than Sanghelios? Also, how do you explain the exoskeleton on the shins, feet, hands, and forearms?

> > Then again,there exoskeleton could have molted and they could have adapted to the heat and the lower gravity resulting in reptilian skin for more mobility.Or it could be another species of grunt that simply lived on a hotter planet resulting in the reasons we have stated before.
>
> But, what planet could they have colonized or lived on long enough to develop a reptillian skin other than Sanghelios? Also, how do you explain the exoskeleton on the shins, feet, hands, and forearms?

That’s true it could also be the same planet just a different hotter area of the planet they did live near pillars of fire,so a desert like area maybe Im not sure might be were they came from also resulting in still keeping some of it.

> > > Then again,there exoskeleton could have molted and they could have adapted to the heat and the lower gravity resulting in reptilian skin for more mobility.Or it could be another species of grunt that simply lived on a hotter planet resulting in the reasons we have stated before.
> >
> > But, what planet could they have colonized or lived on long enough to develop a reptillian skin other than Sanghelios? Also, how do you explain the exoskeleton on the shins, feet, hands, and forearms?
>
> That’s true it could also be the same planet just a different hotter area of the planet they did live near pillars of fire,so a desert like area maybe Im not sure might be were they came from also resulting in still keeping some of it.

I think we came up with a good reason for their change. It makes sence considering the Covies we’re fighting come from the Servants of Abiding Truth. We pretty much know that they formed and were first recruiting Grunts and Elites on Sanghelios, and that the Elites brought them back as farming assistance, which is where they were recruited from. Perhaps genetic mutation through adaptation in an environmentally differant homeworld gave them their new characteristics. You, sir, deserve an internet cookie. *hands him one.

> Jackal redesign:
> Yeah yeah we’ve all seen the new Jackal design and a lot of you are complaining about how there not “Avian like” in Halo 4. It is known that when Jackals discovered space travel they started populating other planets this resulted in durastic changes in their looks.The skirmishers are a great example of that.The original Jackals are a mix of both,the skirmishers are the more avian type of Jackal due to the enviroment they were born in,these new jackals are more lizard like due to their enviroment,Animals adapt to there enviroment resulting in the change of their looks. there’s a theory im not sure if it was confirmed but the theory is Raptors eventually sprouted feathers and beaks over time Kind of like skirmeshers and eventually became birds of prey.

Or the much simpler explanation; 343i wanted to change them.

> > > > Then again,there exoskeleton could have molted and they could have adapted to the heat and the lower gravity resulting in reptilian skin for more mobility.Or it could be another species of grunt that simply lived on a hotter planet resulting in the reasons we have stated before.
> > >
> > > But, what planet could they have colonized or lived on long enough to develop a reptillian skin other than Sanghelios? Also, how do you explain the exoskeleton on the shins, feet, hands, and forearms?
> >
> > That’s true it could also be the same planet just a different hotter area of the planet they did live near pillars of fire,so a desert like area maybe Im not sure might be were they came from also resulting in still keeping some of it.
>
> I think we came up with a good reason for their change. It makes sence considering the Covies we’re fighting come from the Servants of Abiding Truth. We pretty much know that they formed and were first recruiting Grunts and Elites on Sanghelios, and that the Elites brought them back as farming assistance, which is where they were recruited from. Perhaps genetic mutation through adaptation in an environmentally differant homeworld gave them their new characteristics. You, sir, deserve an internet cookie. *hands him one.

Lol,thanks :p. and yeah i think this idea is really good and its hopefully 343is awenser for the change. Ill add it to the main post.

> > Jackal redesign:
> > Yeah yeah we’ve all seen the new Jackal design and a lot of you are complaining about how there not “Avian like” in Halo 4. It is known that when Jackals discovered space travel they started populating other planets this resulted in durastic changes in their looks.The skirmishers are a great example of that.The original Jackals are a mix of both,the skirmishers are the more avian type of Jackal due to the enviroment they were born in,these new jackals are more lizard like due to their enviroment,Animals adapt to there enviroment resulting in the change of their looks. there’s a theory im not sure if it was confirmed but the theory is Raptors eventually sprouted feathers and beaks over time Kind of like skirmeshers and eventually became birds of prey.
>
> Or the much simpler explanation; 343i wanted to change them.

Its a canon awenser for there change which makes a lot of sense,they already existed,we just haven’t seen them until now due to obvious reasons.

> > Jackal redesign:
> > Yeah yeah we’ve all seen the new Jackal design and a lot of you are complaining about how there not “Avian like” in Halo 4. It is known that when Jackals discovered space travel they started populating other planets this resulted in durastic changes in their looks.The skirmishers are a great example of that.The original Jackals are a mix of both,the skirmishers are the more avian type of Jackal due to the enviroment they were born in,these new jackals are more lizard like due to their enviroment,Animals adapt to there enviroment resulting in the change of their looks. there’s a theory im not sure if it was confirmed but the theory is Raptors eventually sprouted feathers and beaks over time Kind of like skirmeshers and eventually became birds of prey.
>
> Or the much simpler explanation; 343i wanted to change them.

True, but this is a believable, in-universe expanation for the change. We havn’t seen a fully rendered picture of them yet to see what they look like in their full Jackaly glory. So until then, I would go by this canonical expalanation and your artistic explanation all the same.

> Jackal redesign:
> Yeah yeah we’ve all seen the new Jackal design and a lot of you are complaining about how there not “Avian like” in Halo 4. It is known that when Jackals discovered space travel they started populating other planets this resulted in drastic changes in their looks.
>
> The skirmishers are a great example of that. The original Jackals are a mix of both,the skirmishers are the more avian type of Jackal due to the enviroment they were born in,these new jackals are more lizard like due to their enviroment,Animals adapt to there enviroment resulting in the change of their looks. there’s a theory im not sure if it was confirmed but the theory is Raptors eventually sprouted feathers and beaks over time Kind of like skirmeshers and eventually became birds of prey.

Seems like a lot of change for only 5 years.

> > Jackal redesign:
> > Yeah yeah we’ve all seen the new Jackal design and a lot of you are complaining about how there not “Avian like” in Halo 4. It is known that when Jackals discovered space travel they started populating other planets this resulted in drastic changes in their looks.
> >
> > The skirmishers are a great example of that. The original Jackals are a mix of both,the skirmishers are the more avian type of Jackal due to the enviroment they were born in,these new jackals are more lizard like due to their enviroment,Animals adapt to there enviroment resulting in the change of their looks. there’s a theory im not sure if it was confirmed but the theory is Raptors eventually sprouted feathers and beaks over time Kind of like skirmeshers and eventually became birds of prey.
>
> Seems like a lot of change for only 5 years.

No, he’s talking about these being differant subspecies of Jackals that developed on a differant planet over the course of thousands if not millions of years, which is the same basic idea for the Skirmishers.

> > > Jackal redesign:
> > > Yeah yeah we’ve all seen the new Jackal design and a lot of you are complaining about how there not “Avian like” in Halo 4. It is known that when Jackals discovered space travel they started populating other planets this resulted in durastic changes in their looks.The skirmishers are a great example of that.The original Jackals are a mix of both,the skirmishers are the more avian type of Jackal due to the enviroment they were born in,these new jackals are more lizard like due to their enviroment,Animals adapt to there enviroment resulting in the change of their looks. there’s a theory im not sure if it was confirmed but the theory is Raptors eventually sprouted feathers and beaks over time Kind of like skirmeshers and eventually became birds of prey.
> >
> > Or the much simpler explanation; 343i wanted to change them.
>
> True, but this is a believable, in-universe expanation for the change. We havn’t seen a fully rendered picture of them yet to see what they look like in their full Jackaly glory. So until then, I would go by this canonical expalanation and your artistic explanation all the same.

We shouldn’t have to bend the canon or reason to almost illogical levels to account for aesthetic changes in the game. We can all see that these Jackals simply aren’t the same Kigyar that we’ve been fighting for the last 10 years. Jackals have always changed from game to game but have always had the same fundamental bird-like look, size and demeanour; they are skinny, agile, bird-like rangers and scouts. These new ones look practically butch and overmuscled in comparison.

I mean if Brutes were brought back into Halo 4 and they suddenly had 4 arms instead of 2 wouldn’t you think that was just fundamentally wrong? If that happened we shouldn’t have to concoct an in-universe explanation for it ourselves. Same goes for the new Jackals.

Personally I’d rather they just call them something else entirely, and just come up with a completely new Covenant species. That way they can simply say “These guys replaced the Jackals in the Covenant after the events of H3”.

> > > Jackal redesign:
> > > Yeah yeah we’ve all seen the new Jackal design and a lot of you are complaining about how there not “Avian like” in Halo 4. It is known that when Jackals discovered space travel they started populating other planets this resulted in drastic changes in their looks.
> > >
> > > The skirmishers are a great example of that. The original Jackals are a mix of both,the skirmishers are the more avian type of Jackal due to the enviroment they were born in,these new jackals are more lizard like due to their enviroment,Animals adapt to there enviroment resulting in the change of their looks. there’s a theory im not sure if it was confirmed but the theory is Raptors eventually sprouted feathers and beaks over time Kind of like skirmeshers and eventually became birds of prey.
> >
> > Seems like a lot of change for only 5 years.
>
> No, he’s talking about these being differant subspecies of Jackals that developed on a differant planet over the course of thousands if not millions of years, which is the same basic idea for the Skirmishers.

Yeah,i assume the jackals have had space travel long before they met the covanent.