About Cortana... (SPOILERS)

So did Cortana die or was she just lost in space? And how did Master Chief survive the nuke? Did Cortana teleport him or put up some sort of shield?

Can someone please reply?

From what I can tell, Cortana use the hard light bridge to create a shield around Chief. As for her Dying. No clue. I can think of reason she is not dead. For example the Slipspace portal under the Composer. Which make me think the Didict may not be dead. But I sure that grenade killed him.

Cortana can NOT be dead!!! I refuse to accept it.

I have a theory that a fragment of her is lying around in the Dommain somewhere. She spent a lot of the game working in/around Forerunner computers and she split herself up during the final mission. If they find this fragment, reverse the effect of the composer then BOOM. Human Cortana.

Read the epilogue dsscription when in the mission select menu. You’ll fond your answer.

All signs would point to her being dead I’m afraid. She told Chief that “most of her was down there”, ie inside the Didacts ship, and that she spent the rest of her power to save Chief, likely with one the teleporters we saw on the Didact’s vessel.

Now there is a possibility brought up in previous canon that could be used to bring her back. Theoretically, if her “consciousness” were placed inside slipspace itself, she could have LIMITLESS processing power and would never have to fear rampancy. Dr. Halsey attempted this with other AIs once, but it failed.

Well… Crap. I knew 343 was gonna be toying around with emotions and that jazz during the course of the requiem event, but I never could have seen something like this coming. It literally hit me like a ton of bricks when I realized Cortana wasn’t gonna make it out of this one, and I think 343 succeeded in that light. But I think we all know she’s not dead. Like I said, 343 did an extremely good job of surprising us with Cortana’s “death”, but if they have any idea of what Halo actually is, we’ll see Cortana alive and well in the next Halo. Also, I think she put a shield thing-a-ma-bob around the Cheif to protect him from the nuke (Er… Why not just send the nuke in on a pelican?) or something like that.

> Well… Crap. I knew 343 was gonna be toying around with emotions and that jazz during the course of the requiem event, but I never could have seen something like this coming. It literally hit me like a ton of bricks when I realized Cortana wasn’t gonna make it out of this one, and I think 343 succeeded in that light. But I think we all know she’s not dead. Like I said, 343 did an extremely good job of surprising us with Cortana’s “death”, but if they have any idea of what Halo actually is, we’ll see Cortana alive and well in the next Halo. Also, I think she put a shield thing-a-ma-bob around the Cheif to protect him from the nuke <mark>(Er… Why not just send the nuke in on a pelican?) or something like that.</mark>

You miss the part of Midnight where Chief was in the Broadsword? They were going to shoot the nuke out and then leave, sadly the ship crashed and they had to go on foot.

Were it so easy…

> Were it so easy…

How fitting.

Maybe her chip was heavily damaged from the nuke, but the librarian was able to preserve it to some extent. Then, in Halo 5, you have to scavenge the wreckage of the composer for fragments of the chip to rebuild.

I’m just grabbing straws here but this might be a possibility.