About Cortana and Logic Plague

As we know, the Forerunner ancillas were easily affected by the logic plague, thanks to the Primordial’s work. But I’m wondering right now, considering Cortana’s time spent with the Gravemind as a captive, was she ever affected by the logic plague?

No, considering she’s ok.

Some how, she wasn’t. The Librarian did say that she had alter Humanity’s genetics in a way that would lead to the Spartan-II program, Mjolnir, even Cortana. Perhaps the Librarian gave something to Humanity that would eventually allow Human AI to resist the Logic plague.

It could also be that AI created from living minds have a defense against the logic plague. Who knows? Human Weakness certainly implies that the Gravemind was trying to “infect” Cortana, and he did to some degree (until the Chief showed up).

I also wonder about the oft-forgotten Offensive Bias – he was never affected by the Logic Plague. Was it superior programming? Was he simply abstaining from any communications with the Flood, without exception? I doubt the latter very much, being a metarch-class artificial intelligence. Smart AIs have legendary curiosity. So my thinking is that the Forerunners did figure out how to produce AIs that wouldn’t succumb to the logic plague.

And thereby, whatever the Librarian did during Cortana’s inception to alter her also protected her from the logic plague.

The logic plague takes time to get started - remember, it took Mendicant Bias 43 years to finally succumb. It’s only after that got the ball rolling that the Graveminds/Keyminds were able to start infecting AIs super rapidly (probably also had something to do with Mendicant’s connection to those AIs - wasn’t he wired into pretty much everything?)

> The logic plague takes time to get started - remember, it took Mendicant Bias 43 years to finally succumb. It’s only after that got the ball rolling that the Graveminds/Keyminds were able to start infecting AIs super rapidly (probably also had something to do with Mendicant’s connection to those AIs - wasn’t he wired into pretty much everything?)

Then again, it is likely Bias was a lot more powerful than Cortana, thus taking longer.

That gives me a small assurance, knowing that Cortana did not end up becoming like Medicant Bias and a small comfort… Dem feels…

She was slowly getting it. John rescued her though.

> She was slowly getting it. John rescued her though.

During the story in evolutions the gravemind pretty much left her alone after she sent john a message as he lost interest.