About 343's Communication

I don’t know why people say it’s so bad. I actually think it’s better than Bungie’s. On the Reach forums, I constantly saw people complain about bloom and Armor Lock as much as people complain about stuff on here, and I never saw a comment from a Bungie employee.

But I can understand why. If there’s so many threads about one particular issue, then responding to all of them is not viable. And then once they respond, everyone is like piranhas and swarms them. Also, the attitude is mostly insulting towards 343, and they don’t want to waste their time “picking fights” with people.

Something to support what I said from the latest Bulletin:

> > Currently with the join in progress system, when searching with a full party, you can still get thrown into a game that has already started. This wouldn’t be a huge issue, but as it is, the full party that joins a game in progress is often split up, and has to play against each other. With the current focus on improving the JIP system, will we soon see full parties no longer being split up, or even better, not being effected by join in progress at all? I really hope it gets addressed soon, because it does happen quite often :frowning:
>
> Good question. I’ll follow up about this and get an answer for you.

Here’s a new issue (as in one that hasn’t been stated over 9,000 times), and it was addressed to 343 in a polite manner.

So 343 does communicate, just not the same way.

I feel the same, 343i is actually doing a pretty good job at listening to feedback, and communicating their fixes. But when people post the same thing over and over, and in am impolite way, it makes the rest of us look bad. If people make polite, logical posts, and state what problems they have with the game in a coherent manner, then 343i would have much better ideas on what the community likes and dislikes. As long as we communicate properly, they’ll do the same.

I agree. 343 does communicate with the community more than Bungie did.

Remember Reach…

I made a thread like this one earlier, and I was mostly met with stuff like “OP could have been paid off by 343” or “OP must be 12 if he’s serious”.

Nice to know what posting my opinion gets me. Then again, this is the internet after all. I sorta expected it coming lol. :stuck_out_tongue:

The community never ceases to amaze me when the misunderstand what was said. We wanted small maps, they gave us small maps. We wanted a competitive playlist, that’s what they gave us. We cried for samdbox balancing, and guess what? Their giving it to us.

> The community never ceases to amaze me when the misunderstand what was said. We wanted small maps, they gave us small maps. We wanted a competitive playlist, that’s what they gave us. We cried for samdbox balancing, and guess what? Their giving it to us.

And CSR which wasn’t going to appear at all but they gave it to us, even though it isn’t ingame, which would take to long to actually add

Meanwhile custom games still suffer, Theater and Forge are petty versions of their former selves and some of their new additions are flawed, such as the X death marker. It’s incorrect to say they don’t listen…but just listening isn’t enough. As mentioned above, the Majestic maps were a nice addition, but does that outweigh Crimson’s lackluster additions and Castle’s mediocre additions along with the lack of a real DLC presence in the game? Are weapon rebalancing a good sign? Yes, but will it really fix the problems? It might, but it might not. Is CSR a great step? It is a step, but not a great one. There are still likely many who don’t know it exists or want to come to Waypoint just to see their ranks.

So, 343i is trying…but they can try harder.

> Meanwhile custom games still suffer, Theater and Forge are petty versions of their former selves and some of their new additions are flawed, such as the X death marker. It’s incorrect to say they don’t listen…but just listening isn’t enough. As mentioned above, the Majestic maps were a nice addition, but does that outweigh Crimson’s lackluster additions and Castle’s mediocre additions along with the lack of a real DLC presence in the game? Are weapon rebalancing a good sign? Yes, but will it really fix the problems? It might, but it might not. Is CSR a great step? It is a step, but not a great one. There are still likely many who don’t know it exists or want to come to Waypoint just to see their ranks.
>
> So, 343i is trying…but they can try harder.

Agreed, it’s nice to know they are listening, but after 6 months it’s not good enough

The sad thing is campaign theater won’t be implemented as this RP’er asked bs angel http://i.imgur.com/ciLfYwV.png

Its part “I just got bored of Halo 4” and part of 343i’s responses so far, but I am most likely not going to buy Halo 5. Too little too late.

> The community never ceases to amaze me when the misunderstand what was said. We wanted small maps, they gave us small maps. We wanted a competitive playlist, that’s what they gave us. We cried for samdbox balancing, and guess what? Their giving it to us.

Small maps were already made. The 3 DLC were almost all ready before the game even shipped. A competitive playlist should have been there from the start, as for the sandbox, we’ve been asking for one since day 1. 6 months down the line, we finally hear that we are getting one.

May I also say, that Bungie frequented their forums a lot more prior to Reach’s release. After Reach, they slowly began to withdraw from Halo. If you want to compare, compare Bungie from 2004-2010 to 343i. I’d say that Bungie wins.

> I don’t know why people say it’s so bad. I actually think it’s better than Bungie’s. On the Reach forums, I constantly saw people complain about bloom and Armor Lock as much as people complain about stuff on here, and I never saw a comment from a Bungie employee.
>
> But I can understand why. If there’s so many threads about one particular issue, then responding to all of them is not viable. And then once they respond, everyone is like piranhas and swarms them. Also, the attitude is mostly insulting towards 343, and they don’t want to waste their time “picking fights” with people.
>
> Something to support what I said from the latest Bulletin:
>
>
>
> > > Currently with the join in progress system, when searching with a full party, you can still get thrown into a game that has already started. This wouldn’t be a huge issue, but as it is, the full party that joins a game in progress is often split up, and has to play against each other. With the current focus on improving the JIP system, will we soon see full parties no longer being split up, or even better, not being effected by join in progress at all? I really hope it gets addressed soon, because it does happen quite often :frowning:
> >
> > Good question. I’ll follow up about this and get an answer for you.
>
> Here’s a new issue (as in one that hasn’t been stated over 9,000 times), and it was addressed to 343 in a polite manner.
>
> So 343 does communicate, just not the same way.

Actually, 343i staff have posted on teh forums, mainly in Matchmaking and Wargames feedback sections. There IDs have 343i Administration or 343i MM Systems Team etc. What many here don’t realize, is that a number of staff can use those login IDs. They are 343i generic in that people won’t know who the individual staff member is replying so they aren’t flamed etc. Further, to the best of my limited knowledge and understanding, people like Franklin and Bravo use those 343i tags/IDs to post and so do other staff.

So,for those of us that actually post in the above two threads, we are well aware that 343i staff reply! The Halo 4 thread is not a place which you would expect replies due to the nature of 99 per cent of the posts. However, some are read and those would be read,IMO, if recommended by a Monitor, for example. Bravo has said they read them but not necessarily reply to them but,do so in the two forums I’ve mentioned above.

Bravo said as much in the recently posted one and a half radio interview.

I still believe they need a Forum Community Manager who’s only job is to be a PR rep on the forums and answer questions.