Abomination.

In Halo 4 during the Reclaimer level in the cut scene featuring the Librarian explaining The Composer and its purpose-

“In the Forerunners’ quest for transcendence, the Composer had been intended to bridge the organic and digital realms. It would have made us immortal. But its results soured. The stored personalities fragmented, and our attempts to return them into biological states created only abominations”.

Now, knowing what’s happened to the Didact in the expanded universe comics, does anyone see the Didact coming back as such an abomination?

And what are the views on this being good or bad for the lore?

Personally, I’d always hoped for The Didacts’ eventual redemption.

I didn’t see him to actually be dead, and I can see that you saw him being composed as well. Although, the Forerunners had previously tried to compose themselves and bring themselves back to a biological level. Knowing this I don’t think Didact will attempt bringing himself back to a Biological stature, but I do see him possibly returning in a Forerunner construct of some kind. I can’t say if it is good or bad for the lore, but I do know if they do it right it can fit in perfectly. Especially with Didact being an important part of the Reclaimer series him just disappearing may be bad.

I believe in one of the Halo 4 terminals stated that the Didact was immune to the Composer, “the composer will not work on my new form” so I don’t think he was composed.

If he was composed then he might be the Bird like construct we saw in the E3 2013 trailer and the prologue of Halo 2 Anniversary.

Well, there were multiple composers in that particular story arc. So maybe he wasn’t immune to being composed, but was resistant instead. If he was more resistant then it would make sense since it seemed like all the composers had activated. More than likely he wasn’t able to handle the multiple composers, but could handle one instead?

> 2533274821609239;4:
> Well, there were multiple composers in that particular story arc. So maybe he wasn’t immune to being composed, but was resistant instead. If he was more resistant then it would make sense since it seemed like all the composers had activated. More than likely he wasn’t able to handle the multiple composers, but could handle one instead?

This was my guess as well it’s the only way I can make sense of what happened to him. One thing is for sure whatever happened to him he’s going to be pissed in halo 5.

> Though their battle with the Didact was perilous and proved nearly fatal, the Spartans were able to band together, and with the help of 859 Static Carillion they tricked the Didact into using the Composers on himself. Effectively turned into a digital essence, the Office of Naval Intelligence currently considers the Didact “contained”, though it remains to be seen if his threat to humanity is truly at an end.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/universe/characters/didact
Didact’s entry in the Universe section. 343i have confirmed that he has been composed.

I find the “abomination theory” interesting, but I’d bet on him becoming a machine in H5.

I’m betting on there being anomalies in the composition process due to it ‘not working’ on him. It merely being an issue of ‘needing more composers’ just feels kind of lame to me. It feels too simple and brute force for a process as complex as this.

Thanks for the update on 343i confirming he was composed, I had the feeling he was based on the way he was shown within the comic. People I know claimed otherwise, now there is some evidence.

I highly doubt he’s dead. Six months after the events of “The Next 72 Hours”, Jul 'Mdama, an atheist, is hesitant to press a button to warn a dead guy that his planet is about to blow up? Riiight.

The Didact said he’s immune to the Composer, so he can’t become an abomination.

We don’t really know what happened to him, but we do know he isn’t dead due to Spartan Ops and he isn’t composed due to the Terminals.

> 2533274823479666;9:
> I highly doubt he’s dead. Six months after the events of “The Next 72 Hours”, Jul 'Mdama, an atheist, is hesitant to press a button to warn a dead guy that his planet is about to blow up? Riiight.
>
> The Didact said he’s immune to the Composer, so he can’t become an abomination.
>
> We don’t really know what happened to him, but we do know he isn’t dead due to Spartan Ops and he isn’t composed due to the Terminals.

The terminals used the phrase “Will not work” not “Immune”, its much more vague.

It’s why I believe there will be complications with his composition (which 343 has said he has been composed).

I actually support this theory. I think the Didact will return from his composed form, machine or whatever, but possibly more insane than he already was. I believe “abominations” refers not to becoming a physical monster but refers to severe psychological damage. The librarian also mentions the stored personalities of composed forerunners fragmented. So most likely upon restoring to a biological state, on the outside the restored forerunners were biologically the same but in their heads, they were completely insane.

Something similar will happen to the Didact when he returns, whether in a biological or mechanical form. He’s too strong mentally to be reduced into babbling nonsense but I highly suspect the composing will severely affect his thinking. What that means for the Universe is still unknown.

if daidact was composed theyve ignored the whole “i cant be composed” line and if not then wtf was going on with him?

honestly id prefer he never come back.

the composer doesnt work as intended so it spews out robotic life. them the abominations.

> 2533274870591903;12:
> if daidact was composed theyve ignored the whole “i cant be composed” line and if not then wtf was going on with him?
>
> honestly id prefer he never come back.
>
> the composer doesnt work as intended so it spews out robotic life. them the abominations.

As others have stated it was very vague as to the information given when he stated that. Though, I couldn’t say that they ignored his statement, as if you look at it in a certain way it is only a statement. He may have assumed, or had even been brought to believe it worked. He was rather unstable in the first place by that point in time.