Abolish SMG/AR Starts now

Please, before Halo is lost forever.

I think the current voting options are fine. If you abolish SMG/AR starts you abolish every other weapon except few power weapons.

> 2717573882290912;2:
> I think the current voting options are fine. If you abolish SMG/AR starts you abolish every other weapon except few power weapons.

My issue is, how can I have a chance to defend myself against BRs when I spawn with an SMR or AR.
I’m mainly talking large scale maps, or maps with minimal BR pick ups, however I feel frustrated in just about any game of AR or SMG start.

The very least, they could make all objective game types BR starts, and make sure there is always at least one option in the voting screen for BR starts…

Smg/ar starts are fine. Gamers are getting way to lazy and self entitled. Oh I only like this so I need to make a diva speech about why every game needs to be the way I like it. I actually prefer smg starts on some of the smaller maps like warlord and lockout

> 2533275032469463;3:
> > 2717573882290912;2:
> > I think the current voting options are fine. If you abolish SMG/AR starts you abolish every other weapon except few power weapons.
>
>
> My issue is, how can I have a chance to defend myself against BRs when I spawn with an SMR or AR.
> I’m mainly talking large scale maps, or maps with minimal BR pick ups, however I feel frustrated in just about any game of AR or SMG start.
>
> The very least, they could make all objective game types BR starts, and make sure there is always at least one option in the voting screen for BR starts…

I’m pretty sure all objective gametypes have BR starts. At least in Halo 2 Anniversary and big team.

can confirm that Halo 3 objective types in big team do not have br starts.

> 2533274816788253;4:
> Smg/ar starts are fine. Gamers are getting way to lazy and self entitled. Oh I only like this so I need to make a diva speech about why every game needs to be the way I like it. I actually prefer smg starts on some of the smaller maps like warlord and lockout

100% agree

If smg/ar starts had dual wieldable weapons and no brs or power weapons on the map then I would play it a lot more. I think it would be a lot of fun actually.

Im not sure if i agree all though I pick BR start everytime. Some people like AR starts and you cant ignore them.

> 2535433052447449;8:
> Im not sure if i agree all though I pick BR start everytime. Some people like AR starts and you cant ignore them.

Man speaks the truth here. Some of us like AR starts. I personally like the BR for most Halo 2 matches, but for Halo 3 and 4, ARs all the way.

> 2533274816788253;4:
> Smg/ar starts are fine. Gamers are getting way to lazy and self entitled. Oh I only like this so I need to make a diva speech about why every game needs to be the way I like it. I actually prefer smg starts on some of the smaller maps like warlord and lockout

Its always been this way with online Halo, regardless of your opinion Bungie said SMG starts are bad and a mistake. On another note, the whole weapon variety argument is complete nonsense imo, making me spawn with an awful weapon to only then have to swap it out isn’t variety, its just Bungie/343 spawning me with a -Yoink- weapon. If the SMG were actually good then I should have to think if I want to drop it or not instead of spawning and immediately looking for the nearest BR to pick up?

I feel like this is a no-win situation. If I agree with you then I’m a bad Halo player because I can’t take whatever I’m given and turn it into a win. What I really loved was Halo 4 with my faithful DMR/AR load out (firepower + ammo) and plasma grenades. And if I admit that then I’m also a bad Halo player because only bad players love Halo 4.

Um with the way the new voting system is, AR starts are in the far right column except for the occasional Objective type game with them in it, so if people really want AR starts in your lobby that is the choice the people made because it takes alot of votes to get it. I am not sure if this is the case in all the playlists as I just woke up and kinda have a foggy mind, but I know for sure in H2A that this is the case.

SMG and AR starts should be removed from ranked playlists without a doubt, but there’s no need to take them out of social game-types when some players enjoy using them.

> 2533274816788253;4:

Funny, I was figuring the reason ARs have become so strong lately was because this generation of gamers were too lazy to learn how to use a BR or Pistol andfelt like they deserved more kills for not using weapons on the map and only using what they spawn with (I.e. Halo 4)

On Halo 2A my first port of call if I don’t need to grab a power weapon is to grab an AR to compliment my BR. There’s a role and use for both in both BR and AR starts.

BR all the way.Promotes way more consistency and fairness in playstyle. I’ll give it to 343i though, the AR becoming a better weapon in Halo 5 will help to alleviate some of the AR kids worries. Only the full game will be able to tell us if this is a good idea for long-term Halo play.

> 2533274816788253;4:

No offense, but you really have no idea what you’re talking about, and it kind of explains why you have more losses than wins.

BR Starts are light years more balanced than SMG/AR starts ever will be. You can actually defend yourself past the first 10 seconds of the game on BR start. No one is “lazy” and “self-entitled” because we prefer a game where I can fight back and more importantly, give the other team a chance to fight me back. Practically every game I’ve played where people have been advocates of SMG start get roflstomped within the first minute and then quit.

AR/SMG starts are not competitive. BR/SMG BR/AR starts are…

> 2535431226288861;10:
> > 2533274816788253;4:
> > Smg/ar starts are fine. Gamers are getting way to lazy and self entitled. Oh I only like this so I need to make a diva speech about why every game needs to be the way I like it. I actually prefer smg starts on some of the smaller maps like warlord and lockout
>
>
> Its always been this way with online Halo, regardless of your opinion Bungie said SMG starts are bad and a mistake. On another note, the whole weapon variety argument is complete nonsense imo, making me spawn with an awful weapon to only then have to swap it out isn’t variety, its just Bungie/343 spawning me with a -Yoink- weapon. If the SMG were actually good then I should have to think if I want to drop it or not instead of spawning and immediately looking for the nearest BR to pick up?

You do know their a voting system right?

> 2547348539238747;14:
> > 2533274816788253;4:
> > Smg/ar starts are fine. Gamers are getting way to lazy and self entitled. Oh I only like this so I need to make a diva speech about why every game needs to be the way I like it. I actually prefer smg starts on some of the smaller maps like warlord and lockout
>
>
> Funny, I was figuring the reason ARs have become so strong lately was because this generation of gamers were too lazy to learn how to use a BR or Pistol andfelt like they deserved more kills for not using weapons on the map and only using what they spawn with (I.e. Halo 4)
>
> On Halo 2A my first port of call if I don’t need to grab a power weapon is to grab an AR to compliment my BR. There’s a role and use for both in both BR and AR starts.

Yoink off… I have more losses than wins because I play almost strictly rumble pit so I don’t have a team to carry me like most other players. Sorry if some players have a different opinion on how to play the game. And sorry but k/d or w/l doesn’t make ones opinion right or wrong so nice try there.

> 2535465515137096;18:
> > 2535431226288861;10:
> > > 2533274816788253;4:
> > > Smg/ar starts are fine. Gamers are getting way to lazy and self entitled. Oh I only like this so I need to make a diva speech about why every game needs to be the way I like it. I actually prefer smg starts on some of the smaller maps like warlord and lockout
> >
> >
> > Its always been this way with online Halo, regardless of your opinion Bungie said SMG starts are bad and a mistake. On another note, the whole weapon variety argument is complete nonsense imo, making me spawn with an awful weapon to only then have to swap it out isn’t variety, its just Bungie/343 spawning me with a -Yoink- weapon. If the SMG were actually good then I should have to think if I want to drop it or not instead of spawning and immediately looking for the nearest BR to pick up?
>
>
> You do know their a voting system right?

a voting system that:
a. no matter which selection was chosen the farthest to the left wins by defaultt in a tie
b. 65% of the time has NO BR CHOICE SELECTION
c. If the MAJORITY of the lobby wants AR starts then it will be voted in
the reason BR starts should be the standard was and has been said thousands of times over. Balance
I shouldn’t lost the game just because there are 2 BR spawns on Lockout and In dubs if we lose them both and sniper there is little 2 no chance to comeback without rushing or causing them to lose ammo. Spawns are already making or breaking games, lets not make player a win a rumble Pitt game just because he spawned near the 1 of 2 BRs on a map and can pick people off as they AR/SMG each other or the guy with the BR from across the map