Able to transfer account emails.

So, I changed the main email for my xbox live account and I would like to sign in with that account on here so everything flows smoothly. So, I tried to make another account on here using my new email address and it said my username (Cassandra 075) was already taken. Well of course, I can still use my old account (which is the one I am currently using) to still post on here. I just want to be able to use my new email instead of my old one. I hope you understand my frustration and are willing to take my side on this problem.

Cheers,

Cassandra 075

> So, I changed the main email for my xbox live account and I would like to sign in with that account on here so everything flows smoothly. So, I tried to make another account on here using my new email address and it said my username (Cassandra 075) was already taken. Well of course, I can still use my old account (which is the one I am currently using) to still post on here. I just want to be able to use my new email instead of my old one. I hope you understand my frustration and are willing to take my side on this problem.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cassandra 075

You made sure you are signed out of all LIVE enabled websites under your old email, yeah? I post with two different accounts on this forum (those who know me will know what the other screenname is). I just use a different browser (Chrome=this account, safari=other account), but that can be a little dumb to do sometimes for some people as we like to use one browser and not multiple at the same time - even though I use about 3 all at once. :stuck_out_tongue:

My biggest recommendation is to sign out of LIVE completely for your old email address.

A few questions, are you trying to register the same name? Are you trying to replace your old email address with your new one so you can have it updated? As far as I know, you can’t do that. Kinda like how most LIVE sites work. You can do a linking sort of thing, but that can get buggy and confusing.

Is there a reason why you are changing your screenname?

> So, I changed the main email for my xbox live account and I would like to sign in with that account on here so everything flows smoothly. So, I tried to make another account on here using my new email address and it said my username (Cassandra 075) was already taken. Well of course, I can still use my old account (which is the one I am currently using) to still post on here. I just want to be able to use my new email instead of my old one. I hope you understand my frustration and are willing to take my side on this problem.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cassandra 075

I don’t have a solution for you but I have the same problem. Way back when, I used to use my GF’s (now my Wife) email acct. for xbox live. No I don’t know why I did that?? Anyway When I got my new Windows phone I wanted my own Live account which I now have. Unfortunately I still have to use my wife’s email info to keep logging in here so I keep my link1201 username. I have the same problem on B.net. I don’t want to lose my title or change my user name. So if anyone has a solution I am all ears too.

> > So, I changed the main email for my xbox live account and I would like to sign in with that account on here so everything flows smoothly. So, I tried to make another account on here using my new email address and it said my username (Cassandra 075) was already taken. Well of course, I can still use my old account (which is the one I am currently using) to still post on here. I just want to be able to use my new email instead of my old one. I hope you understand my frustration and are willing to take my side on this problem.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Cassandra 075
>
>
>
> I don’t have a solution for you but I have the same problem. Way back when, I used to use my GF’s (now my Wife) email acct. for xbox live. No I don’t know why I did that?? Anyway When I got my new Windows phone I wanted my own Live account which I now have. Unfortunately I still have to use my wife’s email info to keep logging in here so I keep my link1201 username. I have the same problem on B.net. I don’t want to lose my title or change my user name. So if anyone has a solution I am all ears too.

I know that you can unlink/link different gamertags on bungie.net. Maybe start there?

I ran into this problem recently when I changed the email account attached to my GT. At this point in time, it seems that Waypoint isn’t capable of recognizing that you have changed the email attached to your gamertag.

I was not able to login with my new email address until I had changed my gamertag. So, unless you have changed your gamertag, it looks like you will be stuck using your old email to login to Waypoint for the time being.

> I ran into this problem recently when I changed the email account attached to my GT. At this point in time, it seems that Waypoint isn’t capable of recognizing that you have changed the email attached to your gamertag.
>
> I was not able to login with my new email address until I had changed my gamertag. So, unless you have changed your gamertag, it looks like you will be stuck using your old email to login to Waypoint for the time being.

Yep that’s is where I am at. :frowning: LOL

Yeah, I definately think they should use the gamertag linking thing here and just keep the usernames the name of the gtag.

As of right now, it’s not possible to change the Windows LIVE ID email address associated with your account. While the specifics are fuzzy to me, it has something to do with compliance (i.e. not a feature we are at liberty to change). Sorry the solution you’re looking for isn’t available. If I ever hear of a workaround, I’ll definitely let you know.