Able To Go Prone

It’s Pretty Simple, Won’t Change Game play That Much And You Can TAKE Cover Better.

We really don’t need it.

Um… Noooooo, nooooo, no no no. Thanks though

As long as we’re not able to “dolphin dive”, I don’t see a real problem with this.

But I also don’t see a real point. We have the same accuracy no matter our position, and I could see this really slowing down certain gametypes.

Dude have you ever been on MLG, people jump-crouch mid air… imagine the disdain about jump-crouch-prone plus Halo doesnt need prone.

~ So on behalf of all Halo theres the door COD lover…

But seriously I myself have thought of a prone option but it really would only benefit sniping and camping is already annoying with active camo… so probably no need to prone.

For Campaign, yes, it’d be an awesome feature to have, but if there’s missions in the game where going prone would be useful, like sniper missions.

For MP, NO, the biggest turn off to playings with prone, is when it’s in MP, most players who say no to the idea of prone, think of MP, and nothing is more annoying then running into a person, who as soon as you start shooting them, they go prone, which then returns fire into your shins.

Also, for those thinking “Oh, it’s a COD feature, we must kill it with fire!”, Take that “Every single feature in COD is original to COD, and any game that has said feature(s) is CODish” way of thinking, and check it at the door. I’m sick and tired of people hating on features just because COD has it. You might as well call all video games with weapons, COD games with that way of thinking.

No!!! Halo doesn’t need prone.

HELL NO!

No. We’re Spartans. We can aim just as good upside down. No point. Would make multiplayer hell.

> We really don’t need it.

Exactly

It would be a monstrous change to game play. Just because something is conceptually simple doesn’t mean it can’t have wide reaching drastic effects.

Going prone would have huge effects on the game and i do not want it.

I can see it happening in the campaign. Maybe the Chief has to crawl through a small hole but I wouldn’t want it in multiplayer.

Wouldn’t it hurt alot if the Spartans would go prone wearing an armour suit that weights half-a-ton anyway?
And, I don’t support this idea, seems pretty unbalanced.

No thank you.

Obviously there are times when spartans had to go prone in the books/Universe of halo, but as we all know, gameplay isn’t cannon.

While I dislike the idea for MP, it brings back to many horrible memories of having an assured kill and then losing it because the guy lays down and shoots off my foot, I do like the idea of having it in Campaign. The mission where you were with Jun in Reach would have been a perfect place for it. But seeing as Halo has never had a option in one with out it being in the other, iirc, it probly won’t happen in Halo.

> It would be a monstrous change to game play. Just because something is conceptually simple doesn’t mean it can’t have wide reaching drastic effects.
>
> Going prone would have huge effects on the game and i do not want it.

While I think prone is unnecessary, I don’t think it would have huge gameplay effects. Can you give some examples?

In a time where Halo gameplay is already slow and we give people an ability to run away from fights…the absolute last thing we need is the ability to lie down… Its an arena shooter!..or at least it was…sigh…

most players are now all blaming that halo 4 has more cod stuff.
but use prone in halo is changing halo to cod more.
no thank you.

> It would be a monstrous change to game play. Just because something is conceptually simple doesn’t mean it can’t have wide reaching drastic effects.
>
> Going prone would have huge effects on the game and i do not want it.

In all honesty, isn’t that what a play test is for? Maybe prone in MP would be catastrophic. Maybe it works beautifully and people who have an open mind (not simply hating on something because it wasn’t in Halo CE) actually love it. Maybe you barely notice the change in gameplay. In that case, why not implement it? If it works out badly, scrap it and move on. But some sort of alpha and/or beta test should be in order before you simply denounce something as awful.

In campaign, I think it would be an awesome idea. I know CoD is anathema around here, but the sniper mission in Pripyat from Modern Warfare was freaking awesome. The mechanics of that level didn’t translate to the multiplayer side of things, but it was a blast. Having Master Chief stealthily crawling around and sniping Jul 'Mdama from a mile away could be awesome. We only got to fly the Pelican once, and people loved it. We should definitely give going prone a chance in campaign.

No.