Ability to opt out of "Join in Progress"

Joining in the middle of a game is annoying. I want to start a game from the beginning like I always have in Halo. I want to be able to vote on the map, have an equal shot at power weapons in the beginning of a game, know who’s got map control, where the enemy is spawning, etc. from the beginning of the time I start playing.

I understand the want to keep games alive when people quit but I shouldn’t be forced into a -Yoink- situation if I don’t want to be. I’m all for people coming into my games when someone quits, and I know how bad it can be if most of your team quits, but I really don’t care to help other people in that situation. Call it a double standard if you want (even though it’s not), but the ability to opt out of “Join in Progress” should be a right of everyone who plays.

©

Perhaps it was just my imagination, but I could’ve sworn they said there would be an option to opt out. Then again, they also promised us good maps, and I’m still waiting…

Agreed.

> Perhaps it was just my imagination, but I could’ve sworn they said there would be an option to opt out. Then again, they also promised us good maps, and I’m still waiting…

I’ve checked. The only “options” to speak of that aren’t controller related are just Network Status.

©