Ability to alter 'Look Acceleration' in upcoming Title Update...

Just an idea i had that maybe 343 can include into the new Reach title update - the ability to be able to alter Look Acceleration like they are doing with Bloom - so you can tweak it to your liking.

Personaly im not a huge fan of Look Acceleration and would think it a good idea to make it so players can alter the level of look acceleration to thier tastes, maybe by being able to change it by 10% at a time - like you can with the sensitivity (1-10), so like 5 in Look Acceleration would be normal and 1 would be very low, but would also be good to have an extra option to ‘disable(ed)’ it completely.

I know some people like look acceleration, but i remember playing halo 3 split screen and recall how much better i was at aiming because look acceleration in H3 split screen was either disabled or reduced.

Just thought that maybe 343 could include an option like that along side the abilty to alter bloom amount…

Erm, bit late? but maybe in the TU, more customisability is always welcome ( For custom game options ).

Is that not the same thing as sensitivity?

> Is that not the same thing as sensitivity?

No, look acceleration is when you start turning slower than normal and the longer you keep turning, the faster you keep turning.

It’s put in to help players, new ones especially to aim if they mash the toggle fully left and fully right to adjust aiming rather than suttle pushes.

> > Is that not the same thing as sensitivity?
>
> No, look acceleration is when you start turning slower than normal and the longer you keep turning, the faster you keep turning.
>
> It’s put in to help players, new ones especially to aim if they mash the toggle fully left and fully right to adjust aiming rather than suttle pushes.

Ah, I see now.

> > Is that not the same thing as sensitivity?
>
> No, look acceleration is when you start turning slower than normal and the longer you keep turning, the faster you keep turning.
>
> It’s put in to help players, new ones especially to aim if they mash the toggle fully left and fully right to adjust aiming rather than suttle pushes.

Yeah BB is right - So for example: if you pick a sensitivity of say 5 and you start to turn in a given direction by moving the stick all the way to the left or ight - you start to turn at the sentivity lower than 5 at first, but the longer you hold the turn, the more it speeds up to the sensitivity you had chosen.

So Look Sensitivity is the maximum speed the player can look around…

…and Look Acceleration is how quickly you reach your max sensitivity.

(I think i got that right :stuck_out_tongue: )

I find look acceleration to be particularly bad for sniping - i want a ‘constant’ speed, not one that gets faster.

God, I wish. I’ve been detesting aim acceleration since Halo 3. Awful mechanic. It makes my aiming feel choppy and inconsistent.

It shoudln’t be that big of a deal to implement. I was talking to Thomas Mahler from Moon Studios on the Warsoup forums, and he said implementing a toggle for aim acceleration (in Warsoup) would literally take about 5 minutes.

> God, I wish. I’ve been detesting aim acceleration since Halo 3. Awful mechanic. It makes my aiming feel choppy and inconsistent.
>
> It shoudln’t be that big of a deal to implement. I was talking to Thomas Mahler from Moon Studios on the Warsoup forums, and he said implementing a toggle for aim acceleration (in Warsoup) would literally take about 5 minutes.

I completely agree, and because it DOES (to the skilled and experienced player at least) make your aim feel choppy and inconsistment - that is THE reason i would like 343 to make an option to be able to adjust and disable it. Im sure 343 could could still implement it even at this late stage, just have it as an option in the controller settings menu alongside sensitivity.

Some days i can ‘just’ about handle the acceleration - other days it still catches me out (paticularly on higher sensitivies), and my aim feels like it is being ‘thrown’ about as im desperately trying to get it under control.

It is very similar to mouse acceleration on PC - talk to any seasoned PC gamer and they will tell you that to keep your aim competative and consistent it is best to disable mouse acceleration - and i think the same applies to consoles too…