Abaddon vs Mendicant Bias in Halo: Infinite or?!

It’s said that Mendicant Bias is the most advanced A.I but there’s another way more powerful ancient ancilla or Knowledge Engine called Abaddon, a Precursor A.I designed to oversee the Domain. Would everyone love to see these two combat with each other in either Halo: Infinite or Halo 7? Not to mention Cortana might being involved plus the Floods’ imminent return and possibly the Precursors’ coming back to the scene.

They’re not going to be present. 343industries has said that Halo Infinite is going to be simplifying and going back to making a ‘classic Halo game’ with Infinite, and that means no longer requiring knowledge of characters or events found in books or comics in order to keep up with the story. It’ll be a simple story (if it doesn’t go the Destiny route) that is largely self contained.

They’ve acknowledged, after all, that Halo 5 was pretty much a dumpster fire, so I expect them to gloss over the events of that game. I’m pretty sure we’re not even going to see the Created Conflict, given there’s a timeskip. So no, all in all, you’re not going to see those characters.

And frankly, I wouldn’t want them to come back anyway. 343i has made a mess of the canon and their horrible decision to flesh out the Forerunners. They’ll just bungle that as well.

EDIT: And just for reference, you shouldn’t spam topics right after another. You should have combined this thread and your other thread about Chief fighting the Precursors into a big thread that has far more discussion value.

> 2533274838418174;2:
> They’re not going to be present. 343industries has said that Halo Infinite is going to be simplifying and going back to making a ‘classic Halo game’ with Infinite, and that means no longer requiring knowledge of characters or events found in books or comics in order to keep up with the story. It’ll be a simple story (if it doesn’t go the Destiny route) that is largely self contained.

While we can’t say definitively that they will be present, we also can’t say definitively that they won’t be present either. Don’t get me wrong, I agree with you that it is almost certain that they won’t be in the game. It’s just that a character like Abaddon could easily be brought into the game with a pretty short exposition in a cut scene. There’s not a whole lot to explain about Abaddon for the purposes of a game character.

I think of it this way: let’s say hypothetically that the Forerunner Trilogy was released before CE released (aside from the few pages taking place aboard the UNSC Rubicon). Guilty Spark then would have a fully fleshed out background. However, his appearance in CE still wouldn’t require a whole lot of exposition for casual players. The lore nerds would know all about him, but all the little nuances of his character wouldn’t be necessary for the plot of CE.

The same could be applied to a character like Abaddon. Us lore nerds would know all about the Precursor AI, but the vast majority of players could be satisfied with a simple line of exposition saying something to the effect of “Abaddon is a mysterious AI from a long lost species. It is responsible for maintaining custody of all that species’ knowledge in this crazy version of a library called the Domain.” It’s not 100% accurate, but it’s good enough for casual players to understand.

As I said, I still agree with you that Abaddon won’t be in Infinite. But I just wanted to point out a way for a character like Abaddon to still be in the game that provides for casual players to still understand what is going on while still respecting the established lore.

> 2533274838418174;2:
> They’re not going to be present. 343industries has said that Halo Infinite is going to be simplifying and going back to making a ‘classic Halo game’ with Infinite, and that means no longer requiring knowledge of characters or events found in books or comics in order to keep up with the story. It’ll be a simple story (if it doesn’t go the Destiny route) that is largely self contained.
>
> They’ve acknowledged, after all, that Halo 5 was pretty much a dumpster fire, so I expect them to gloss over the events of that game. I’m pretty sure we’re not even going to see the Created Conflict, given there’s a timeskip. So no, all in all, you’re not going to see those characters.
>
> And frankly, I wouldn’t want them to come back anyway. 343i has made a mess of the canon and their horrible decision to flesh out the Forerunners. They’ll just bungle that as well.
>
> EDIT: And just for reference, you shouldn’t spam topics right after another. You should have combined this thread and your other thread about Chief fighting the Precursors into a big thread that has far more discussion value.

That still disappoints me. Halo 4 did just fine with giving you the amount of information you needed for the game’s plot. Meanwhile, Halo 5 was a total overreaction that felt so disconnected from LITERALLY EVERYTHING that not even knowledge of the PREVIOUS GAME was needed to understand it - because you COULDN’T understand it, no matter how much you knew about the books.

343’s decision to flesh out the Forerunners was a very natural progression. No franchise should EVER sit still on that kind of thing. You HAVE to solve mysteries, and introduce bigger mysteries, to keep things moving. It’s WAY better than just repeating the original trilogy.