AAUUUGH F***ING FUELROD CANNON!

Now I am not against the Fuel rod cannon in multiplayer, that is fine. WHAT ANNOYS ME TO THE POINT OF JUST SCREAMING AND CURSING LIKE A MANIAC is the fact that…ALL THE YOINK Covenant have Fuel rod cannons. It causes the games to lag and it just ruins every moment. What do you people think, have you had enough of the fuel rod cannon?

I don’t mind, I love that Oh crap moment as you go around the corner and see like 10 fuel rods heading your way.

I guarantee the ‘lag’ you are experiencing has little to do with what the enemy is holding and more to do with your own connection.

Whatever gives me a fuel rod gun…

i just hate that the covenant shoot the fuel rods at the speed of light on co-op play.

> i just hate that the covenant shoot the fuel rods at the speed of light on co-op play.

only coop?

yes plat spartin ops solo and then compare it to coop major difference in reguards to speed

It’s to compensate for their pathetic artificial intelligence.

> It’s to compensate for their pathetic artificial intelligence.

Bingo.

Yea in co-op the fuel rods travel faster than the speed of light.

But in solo mode they travel just as fast, well slightly faster than they do in multilayer.

> I don’t mind, I love that Oh crap moment as you go around the corner and see like 10 fuel rods heading your way.

I actually had one of those moments. Me and my friend were driving a warthog in the earlier Spartan Ops episodes. When we turned the corner we saw a sea of Grunts. We thought of just running them all over…BIG MISTAKE they all pulled out their plasma grenades and just charged at us. To this day I have never seen a Warthog go so high.

Haha, i think its hilarious watching my teammates try to rush them and sigh at my FPS’s dropping.On episode 10 chapter 1 when you are going to destroy the anti-air, theirs i think 3 elites with fuel rods and another elite up top with the jackal with a concussion rifle.It…is…hilarious!

I do think it is annoying but if they didn’t it would be too easy.Most people don’t understand that a charged shot from the PP and 1 shot from any headshot capable weapon will kill any elite.Makes them quite easy to dispatch in quick succession.With fuel rods i will have to worry about getting 1 shot killed.

You could argue and ask “why use the n00b combo is it makes them easy to kill”, well …because i’m not gonna waste 20 seconds and a clip and a half from a BR to kill them lol.Knights i use a PP charge shot and a sticky to kill them in the fastest manner possible, otherwise i just use same tactic as elite, except the knight are a bit harder to headshot.

Aside from blabbering about my nooby tactics, i suppose you could say there’s no other way for 343 to up the difficulty without making it unbearable.At least with the fuel rod there’s a cool light show.The current engagement script for the NPC’s is terrible.They are using a old model, which is outdated and boring, hopefully with Halo 5 they will get some support or advice from the guys who made Crysis 3, i hear the enemies are hard to fight against on higher difficulties due to how well they react to the players movements and actions.

It may be abundant in Spartan Ops but it’s extremely scarce in MP.

The only thing that “bugged” me (if you can call it that, because it’s a tactic I’d use) is hijacking ghosts with Elites onboard, only for them to destroy said ghost within seconds of being booted off it.

The first time it happened I was in “you sneaky little toe-rag” mode.

5 times on the bounce… more like “WTF??”

> Haha, i think its hilarious watching my teammates try to rush them and sigh at my FPS’s dropping.On episode 10 chapter 1 when you are going to destroy the anti-air, theirs i think 3 elites with fuel rods and another elite up top with the jackal with a concussion rifle.It…is…hilarious!
>
> I do think it is annoying but if they didn’t it would be too easy.Most people don’t understand that a charged shot from the PP and 1 shot from any headshot capable weapon will kill any elite.Makes them quite easy to dispatch in quick succession.With fuel rods i will have to worry about getting 1 shot killed.
>
> You could argue and ask “why use the n00b combo is it makes them easy to kill”, well …because i’m not gonna waste 20 seconds and a clip and a half from a BR to kill them lol.Knights i use a PP charge shot and a sticky to kill them in the fastest manner possible, otherwise i just use same tactic as elite, except the knight are a bit harder to headshot.
>
> Aside from blabbering about my <mark>nooby tactics,</mark> i suppose you could say there’s no other way for 343 to up the difficulty without making it unbearable.At least with the fuel rod there’s a cool light show.The current engagement script for the NPC’s is terrible.They are using a old model, which is outdated and boring, hopefully with Halo 5 they will get some support or advice from the guys who made Crysis 3, i hear the enemies are hard to fight against on higher difficulties due to how well they react to the players movements and actions.

Sounds like Halo veteran tactics to me. I have never understood why it’s called the ‘n00b combo’

the shield is your friend

> the shield is your friend

Your own shield as well as the hardlight shield doesn’t do anything when you run around a corner only to be greeted by two Elites and three Grunts, all using FRG. Top that off with the increased damage and projectile speed.

I’ve dided soooo many times because of that, it doesn’t matter if I go in with a sneaky aproach, or guns blazing, I will die to them.

Me and a friend had a discussion about the AI in games nowaday. Both him and me were annoyed at how lazy developers are with making the difficulties challenging and not frustrating.

Halo: Reach and Halo 4 have by far some of the most annoying AI’s we both have played, then the stupid thing of increasing enemy damage, health, shields and projectile speed.

its not tha bad, only a couple of elites have em and grunts just one shot to the head wth a BR, DMR, Carbine and there dead so its not tha bad, NOW if they had 2 fuel rods… tha would be a differant story :stuck_out_tongue: i still think that fuel rods should be able to lock onto air vehicles, would add more balance in some ways, especialy if they did more damage to air

“Sounds like Halo veteran tactics to me. I have never understood why it’s called the ‘n00b combo’”.

Because bypassing any meaningful encounter, duel or combat with your opponents in favour of a simple, cheesy ‘easymode’ combo is not commendable and this game used to be about that kind of combat. If you want to drop opponents easily, go play Call of Duty. If you want to outplay an opponent, play some Halo.

Against the AI, that’s a little bit different, but many players will still look down on it for being simple and ‘easymode’.

> i just hate that the covenant shoot the fuel rods at the speed of light on co-op play.

gotta love the grunts with them :slight_smile: