AAs should remain

some people I have talked to about halo 4 dislike it now because they think it is turning into cod. but the biggest dislike is the return of AAs. How I would respond is that the game MUST evolve.Starting with halo ce we didnt have much we had camo but other than that it was your trusty rifle and your big iron on your hip .next with halo 2 we went from just having active camo to overshields and custom power ups. this eventually evolved into equipment each having different characteristics and abilities. In halo reach instead of carrying around equipment and using it once why not having it built into your armor for unlimited uses. but people strongly disliked that sprint took an entire armor ability. well there plead has been answered in halo 4 but they are still not happy with the return of AAs. so what is it that you think should be next for AAs or do you think we should take a step back and use equipment?

Power Ups and equipment pick up were the best. You had to go and get them and you could only use them once until they respawned.

AAs were horrible. Did they have AL? Did they have evade? You didn’t know and not only that but they could use them all they want.

Armor Abilities is a fine addition to Halo 4.
Players simply see it as a bad thing because they can only compare to Reach.

Many also believe players shouldn’t spawn with advantages.
But it’s not an advantage, everyone can use it, so everyone remains equal.
Players simply refuse to accept this fact.

• III P u r 3 III -

I like AAs. But really, they should have a gametype you can vote for that leaves the AAs on the map to be picked up. They should do that now in Reach, remove Slayer Pro and replace it with Slayer with AAs as obtainable pickups on the maps. Mix up the game a bit.

Armor Abilities wouldn’t be as bad if they were map pickups.

> Many also believe players shouldn’t spawn with advantages.
> But it’s not an advantage, everyone can use it, so everyone remains equal.

So if there was a loadout with a target locator, it would be okay because everyone can use it?

> Armor Abilities wouldn’t be as bad if they were map pickups.

This.

> Armor Abilities is a fine addition to Halo 4.
> Players simply see it as a bad thing because they can only compare to Reach.
>
> Many also believe players shouldn’t spawn with advantages.
> But it’s not an advantage, everyone can use it, so everyone remains equal.
> Players simply refuse to accept this fact.
>
>
> - III P u r 3 III -

This is true but they slow down the game. I don’t like to spend extra time in a game because someone think’s it’s funny to abuse Armor Lock or HLG with Jetpack. Luckily both of those won’t happen in H4

> Power Ups and equipment pick up were the best. You had to go and get them and you could only use them once until they respawned.
>
> AAs were horrible. Did they have AL? Did they have evade? You didn’t know and not only that but they could use them all they want.

What if Melee was a single-use feature placed on the map?
Does that make it right, no.

A player couldn’t identify what Equipment the enemy had just as they couldn’t Armor Abilities.

A player can also melee, jump, zoom, and use radar all they want.
But players don’t consider this because it is something they’re used to having constantly.

• III P u r 3 III -

I’m just sad Crouch went to B thanks to sprint. THAT is definitely similar to Cod and other FPS.

If 343i can make AAs work then by all means, keep them. However if they’re still unsuccessful in Halo 4 then they should be taken out or changed to equipment.

> A player can also melee, jump, zoom, and use radar all they want.
> But players don’t consider this because it is something they’re used to having constantly.

Because that is in there by default. You don’t have a choice to have that or not.

Equipment and power ups were pick ups and only had about one of each placed on the map maybe 2 depending on the map. You used them once and they respawned a minute later for someone else to pick them up, most of the time it would be the smarter/better player that will get their first.

> Armor Abilities wouldn’t be as bad if they were map pickups.
>
>
>
>
> > Many also believe players shouldn’t spawn with advantages.
> > But it’s not an advantage, everyone can use it, so everyone remains equal.
>
> So if there was a loadout with a target locator, it would be okay because everyone can use it?

Though the Target Locator is over-powered, the players still remain even.

You are, as I said, basing this off the Armor Abilities in Reach.
The Armor Abilities in Halo 4 will be much more controlled.
343 knows the SPR.

• III P u r 3 III -

> > A player can also melee, jump, zoom, and use radar all they want.
> > But players don’t consider this because it is something they’re used to having constantly.
>
> Because that is in there by default. You don’t have a choice to have that or not.
>
>
> Equipment and power ups were pick ups and only had about one of each placed on the map maybe 2 depending on the map. You used them once and they respawned a minute later for someone else to pick them up, most of the time it would be the smarter/better player that will get their first.

What if Armor Abilities were there by default?
You are doing exactly as I expected.
What if radar, melee, and zoom weren’t default features?

Yes, I’m aware how equipment works…
Stop comparing Armor Abilities to Equipment.
They’re different.

• III P u r 3 III -

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Yes! The game MUST evolve by becoming dumbed down, random, and unbalanced.

As pickups.

> > Armor Abilities wouldn’t be as bad if they were map pickups.
>
> This.
>
>
>
>
> > Armor Abilities is a fine addition to Halo 4.
> > Players simply see it as a bad thing because they can only compare to Reach.
> >
> > Many also believe players shouldn’t spawn with advantages.
> > But it’s not an advantage, everyone can use it, so everyone remains equal.
> > Players simply refuse to accept this fact.
> >
> >
> > - III P u r 3 III -
>
> <mark>This is true but they slow down the game</mark>. <mark>I don’t like to spend extra time in a game because someone think’s it’s funny to abuse Armor Lock</mark> or HLG with Jetpack. Luckily both of those won’t happen in H4

That is a myth. Al does not slow down the game at all it only increases the time of combat between you and yor target which can result their win or yours

From what I’ve read, it seems that 343i is doing everything they can to make AAs more balanced, which is good.

My biggest problem with Halo 4 is how the leveling progression might have an impact on gameplay, which isn’t so good.

> it’s funny to abuse Armor Lock or HLG with Jetpack. Luckily both of those won’t happen in H4

Jetpacks are in Halo 4, bro.

> If 343i can make AAs work then by all means, keep them. However if they’re still unsuccessful in Halo 4 then they should be taken out or changed to equipment.

But there is the problem we cant go back to equipment or the game will not evolve and we would be stuck on the same old repetitive gameplay. now what AAs eventually evolve into is beyond what I can imagine but the fact is welcome to present halo and sorry there aren’t any time machines.

> I’m just sad Crouch went to B thanks to sprint. THAT is definitely similar to Cod and other FPS.

There are multiple controller schemes where crouch is not on the B button. I’m way too lazy to go dig up the GAF post on it.

> > > Armor Abilities wouldn’t be as bad if they were map pickups.
> >
> > This.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > Armor Abilities is a fine addition to Halo 4.
> > > Players simply see it as a bad thing because they can only compare to Reach.
> > >
> > > Many also believe players shouldn’t spawn with advantages.
> > > But it’s not an advantage, everyone can use it, so everyone remains equal.
> > > Players simply refuse to accept this fact.
> > >
> > >
> > > - III P u r 3 III -
> >
> > <mark>This is true but they slow down the game</mark>. <mark>I don’t like to spend extra time in a game because someone think’s it’s funny to abuse Armor Lock</mark> or HLG with Jetpack. Luckily both of those won’t happen in H4
>
> That is a myth. Al does not slow down the game at all it only increases the time of combat between you and yor target which can result their win or yours

So it doesn’t slow down the game, but it increases the time it takes to kill someone…

I can’t be the only one here who is confused by that logic.