AAs, Equipment, or AAs on map as Equipment?

Armor Abilities-We have loadouts(whether they are preset or custom is up for debate in another thread). We use them once and they have to cool down just as it is in Halo Reach and Halo 4.

Equipment-Halo 3 Style as I like to call it. We pick up an item like a regen or power drain. We throw it down and we can’t use it again until it respawns but we still have to fight for it.

AAs on the map as Equipment-Like Reach MLG. We have jetpack where the turret is supposed to be on Sanctuary. One person can grab it, use it when they want(of course with the cool down). If that person dies you cannot take it off the body and have to wait for it to respawn.

Or maybe even none of the above.

Thoughts?

I voted none of the above for this:

> AAs on the map as Equipment-Like Reach MLG. We have jetpack where the turret is supposed to be on Sanctuary. One person can grab it, use it when they want(of course with the cool down). <mark>If that person dies you cannot take it off the body and have to wait for it to respawn.</mark>

I know power ups work in this way, but I don’t see why you can’t pick them up off dead players, if you use it carelessly and die with it then you should be punished by having your opponent take it and use it more effectively.

On the other hand, even if you do use it well but your opponent is skilled enough to kill you or ambush you, he should be rewarded.

I know power ups are abit different, but that is just the nature of them, my proposed changes are the same for power weapons so I don’t see “why not” to be honest.

Why not AAs (as they are now since they can be altered to be balanced) and equipment at the same time using a button on the D-pad to alternate between the two.

AAs and Equipment.

Move Jetpack to being a map based pickup. Make AC a Power Up like it was in H3 (though personally I want it and OS as Equipment.) The other AAs can remain as AAs. Heck, don’t forget Speed Boost and Damage Boost, those can be Power Ups too.

I say AAs on map. It’d be like equipment, but reusable until you die. I say true equipment should also be on the map, or as ordnance choices.

> Why not AAs (as they are now since they can be altered to be balanced) and equipment at the same time using a button on the D-pad to alternate between the two.

> AAs and Equipment.
>
> Move Jetpack to being a map based pickup. Make AC a Power Up like it was in H3 (though personally I want it and OS as Equipment.) The other AAs can remain as AAs. Heck, don’t forget Speed Boost and Damage Boost, those can be Power Ups too.

While this system may be beneficial to the game and how it plays, if you want to bring in new players, it may be very confusing for them, secondly, I see the game-play getting very chaotic in places as-well if this system is put in place.

I voted “None of the above”, because i think “why not both?”

Some AAs can be spawned with, some are noy one map (everyone complains about Jetpack and active Camo spawns), while there could also be some single use equipment

> I voted “None of the above”, because i think “why not both?”
>
> Some AAs can be spawned with, some are noy one map (everyone complains about Jetpack and active Camo spawns), while there could also be some single use equipment

This.

I want to be able to spawn with weaker AAs like Hologram or Hardlight Shield.
While things like Camo and Jetpack should be map pickups.

So slightly off topic but since you guys would want either just AAs or AAs and Equipment does that mean you would want to see the return of loadouts? And if so do you want pre set loadouts like in Reach or custom loadouts like in Halo 4?

> So slightly off topic but since you guys would want either just AAs or AAs and Equipment does that mean you would want to see the return of loadouts? And if so do you want pre set loadouts like in Reach or custom loadouts like in Halo 4?

Hell yeah loadouts are fine if you remove the PP, PG and BS which are its only faults. They play fine and I’ve explained thousands of times why they work and are balanced.

> So slightly off topic but since you guys would want either just AAs or AAs and Equipment does that mean you would want to see the return of loadouts? And if so do you want pre set loadouts like in Reach or custom loadouts like in Halo 4?

I would personally have Custom Loadouts, in Reach I couldn’t spawn with a NR unless I was playing an Elite gametype, I want to be able to spawn with a Carbine, however Grenade shouldn’t be a choice, they need to rework the Sidearms, remove perks

So for a custom loadout you can only choose Primary and AA? Grenades and Sidearm are predetermined by the settings?

> While this system may be beneficial to the game and how it plays, if you want to bring in new players, it may be very confusing for them, secondly, I see the game-play getting very chaotic in places as-well if this system is put in place.

Really that’s the secondary point of Campaign.

> So for a custom loadout you can only choose Primary and AA? Grenades and Sidearm are predetermined by the settings?

I’ve said it before:

Boltshot should go through a conceptual change to resemble current modern day Magnums: Low mag size, high damage. For an ingame equivalent I still suggest the Boltok from Gears.

PP should be regulated to a map pickup, it’s values adjusted appropriately (aim assist/magnetism, bullet speed, charged shot tracking,) and a replacement given for the Loadout options. My preference is for a fully automatic machine pistol using reminiscent of the Needler.

For grenades: The only problem is Stickies. Make them map pickups and let people pick between Frags and Pulse.

I want equality, so loadouts like Reach please.

I think, AAs as they are, equipment on d-pad and pick up from map.

Both armour abilities and equipment should be both together but make armour abilities rarer than equipment.

Armor Abilities:

Spawn with them, reusable, and part of custom loadouts. Armor Abilities are:

-Thuster Pack

-Hardlight Shield

-Promethean Vision

• Regen Field

Powerups:

Picked on map like power weapons or as Personal Ordnance, onetime use, and only works for a limited time. Powerups are:

-Speed Boost

-Damage Boost

-Overshield

Equipment:

Picked on map like power weapons or as Personal Ordnance, reusable, and replaces your armor ability.
Equipment is:

-Active Camo

-Jetpack

-New

Infinity Slayer:

Custom loadouts. Personal Ordance limited to ammo, grenades, primary weapons, armor abilty, rare chance of powerups and equipment. . Infinity Slayer Heavies power weapons in Personal Ordance, and increased chance of powerups and equipment. Sprint stays for Infinity Game option of evade as default movement bonus.

Arena Slayer:

No custom loadouts, sprint, and armor abilities. Everyone starts with AR, Magnum, and Frags. Played on small maps. Classic Halo for a new console.

AA’s as equipment, satisfies the AA crowd and the classic crowd who want map control to be more important and for Halo to not be dominated by AAs. This would also give 343i a reason to not worry about AA balance as much (still important though) as the AAs are effectively power weapons.

I’ve a bit of a variation on how AAs and Equipment can co exist.
Its a reworking of the whole perk system as well.

AAs
have to have a perk for them, cant use equipment.
they’ll work just like they do now in you spawn with them.

-no active camo
-AAs provide a “tell” as to what they are when looking at a player with one so no surprises
-longer charge times (less of a get out of jail free card)

Equiptment
no perks needed is standard unless you want an AA

-pick up from map
-should be power weapon strong 1 time use

power ups
-AC should be put back to being one.