AAs, bloom, destroyed reachs gameplay for many people...But the worst is yet to be heard.

The community.
Team killing, power weapon camping, tbaggers. Its really the best way to describe it for me.
I dont care how many kills my teammates get. But when they arent assisting the team at all, or when I get in a vehicle to get betrayed, Im freaking sick of it. Why is the community so much monumentally worse than it was in past halo games?
I mean, halo 3s ride wasn’t exactly smooth. But reachs ride is a vertical drop.
THE FIRST STEP TO FIXING THIS:
the betrayal and boot system.
I started a BTB game of elite slayer on hemorrhage earlier. When it started, I went over to get into the wraith. Im not a noob, I actually know how to use it, which is why i typically get in it. A raging teammates Plasma pistols me, Sticky grenades me twice, and plasma pistols me, then melees me to finish the job.
Now let me ask you this. Why is it, that when it was obviously an intentional betryal, and even a computer could tell (no damage dealt to other teammate whatsoever, not even a single shot fired yet in the entire match by me) and I don’t recieve the option to boot, but when i play BTB slayer at boardwalk, and a teammate walks into my grenade (I mean, I did get an assist with it, but him being killed by my grenade was really both of our fault, it wasn’t the best grenade) And he instantly boots me? HOW DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE AT ALL?

Im definatly not the best reach player. But I play fair and don’t intentionally piss off teammates. What I don’t get is why is a video game that I have dedicated a decent amount of time to playing WASTING MY TIME? why would I spend money on something only to get kicked out half way through a game? Why would i even play reach with the intention of betraying? Why would that poor soul BOOT ME if he KNEW it was accidental?
I would bet money that at least 3/4 of boots are accidental betrayals. Anyway, my rant about the community being terrible is that no one playing that game THINKS when it comes to betraying and booting. A giant message pops up freely giving someone the oppurtunity to piss someone off? I don’t like doing it, but apparently most of reach players do.

So what is my solution to this problem?
Ricochet. Trying to team kill? too bad, any damage done to them you do to yourself.
No more worry about intentional team killing, but you still have to place grenades and rockets, otherwise you kill yourself. Is this the most organized and easiest fix? no. does it make sense? yes.

Unless this system is fixed, I have no intention of dealing with the idiocracy until halo 4. And will the system actually fixed in halo 4? god and 343 knows. Hopefully, 343 has acknowledged the stupidity. I refuse to continue letting this game waste my time. Seriously, in this entire post i have left out of complaining about AAs and bloom, and I still have a bigger problem to worry about it.

So fix the system, or your system will become flooded by a stupid amount of team killers. And if thats going to happen, I will have to say goodbye to new halo games. Its a shame too. And I know you don’t really care if one person isn’t going to bye your game. What you SHOULD care about is the one less non team killing, weapon camping player on your game. Because I feel that very soon, we will become an endangered species.

anyone?

Ricochet? I don’t think so…

the boot system is dumb though, I give you that

It’s just what people do, it can’t be helped.

A ricochet system would be worse in my opinion. What if you shot a rocket and your -Yoink- teammate ran in the way? You’re dead.

A plain no betrayal system would be bad to, because you could randomly fire shots off without worrying about your team’s safety.

When you make a game with no purpose other than to just screw around, people (kids) will get bored. When they get bored, well, you clearly know the rest.

This is of course speculation, but I would be surprised if this weren’t the case.

> When you make a game with no purpose other than to just screw around, people (kids) will get bored. When they get bored, well, you clearly know the rest.
>
> This is of course speculation, but I would be surprised if this weren’t the case.

^ lol. So true…

> It’s just what people do, it can’t be helped.
>
> A ricochet system would be worse in my opinion. What if you shot a rocket and your Yoink! teammate ran in the way? You’re dead.
>
> A plain no betrayal system would be bad to, because you could randomly fire shots off without worrying about your team’s safety.

what if it was only half health? it would require you to do twice as much damage on your teammate to kill yourself.

The community is worse because of the emmigration of true halo fans and competetive players and the influx of casual players who are 12yo and liek teH arma lox!11!!1

Not a problem for me because i don’t play with random teammates.

> The community is worse because of the emmigration of true halo fans and competetive players and the influx of casual players who are 12yo and liek teH arma lox!11!!1
>
>
> Not a problem for me because i don’t play with random teammates.

And all because Bungie decided to make Reach a COD game. In fact I reckon if Bungie had Reach longer, they would have removed scoring in Halo because it caters better to the noobs who want to armour lock until their hearts are content, and will make sure that everyone feels equal in the game

lol