AA to Air

What do you guys think is a reasonable AA to Air ratio? In which situations should AA win against Air? Which numbers vs which?

Half pop AA should go even with full pop air imo, without considering damage from another half pop of other vehicles/ inf.

Dies anybody want to build 20 reavers? that isnt half pop I believe. reavers are expensive in energy, om average I see people build 8 at most, so maybe 10 reavers should beat full pop, though on the other hand, I do need shrouds and nightingales

> 2533274916206345;2:
> Half pop AA should go even with full pop air imo, without considering damage from another half pop of other vehicles/ inf.

Half pop is waaaaaaay too much

> 2533274927740213;4:
> > 2533274916206345;2:
> > Half pop AA should go even with full pop air imo, without considering damage from another half pop of other vehicles/ inf.
>
> Half pop is waaaaaaay too much

If you make it so half pop just about beats it on its own then it means you need about 1/3 rd pop in an actual army to trade with air, which seems about right, thats a similar number to how cyclops and hunters should perform with marines etc. mixed in too.

> 2533274916206345;5:
> > 2533274927740213;4:
> > > 2533274916206345;2:
> > > Half pop AA should go even with full pop air imo, without considering damage from another half pop of other vehicles/ inf.
> >
> > Half pop is waaaaaaay too much
>
> If you make it so half pop just about beats it on its own then it means you need about 1/3 rd pop in an actual army to trade with air, which seems about right, thats a similar number to how cyclops and hunters should perform with marines etc. mixed in too.

Sorry I was thinking you meant at least half your army needed to be AA. I agree that a 1/3 pop AA with vehicle/infantry support should beat full pop air

How much reavers or wolverines is that? I think that is the most important as counter units cost puts emphasis on energy.

We should think about how many units are reasonable to build in practice.

Also for the record, I personally believe shrouds should be the center of a new meta

> 2535455532447636;7:
> How much reavers or wolverines is that? I think that is the most important as counter units cost puts emphasis on energy.

1/3 is about 40 Pop of Wolves or Reavers so.
8 Wolverines ans Hogs (80 pop) beat 120 pop banshees, I’ve tested it and done it.

How was the micro on that?

> 2535455532447636;7:
> How much reavers or wolverines is that? I think that is the most important as counter units cost puts emphasis on energy.
>
> We should think about how many units are reasonable to build in practice.
>
> Also for the record, I personally believe shrouds should be the center of a new meta

Honestly if they’re going heavy air you should build 6 or so. If they’re going full pop build 8