a

a

The new trilogy is his trilogy. So I’d prefer him to be called ‘John’ instead of ‘Chief’ or ‘The Chief’.

in “no one is leaving here alive” mode, itll be cheif. when something huge is about to happen (cortana dying, fore runner apears, found out the floo… you get the picture) then we call him john.
over all i think his name should be john.

I noticed in the H4 panel they kept referring to him as John. I would suspect they did that on purpose and we will be seeing it more than we’re used to. My opinion is that I really don’t have one. We all know who he is. I did think it was cool how Cortana switched it up some in the H4 CG trailer.

Wake up, John.
I’ll still refer to him as The Chief, but I think John is perfect for him in this trilogy.

John, it’s more personal and human.

Besides, it’s often refered to Méndez as Chief as well…

John.

The Chief has ceased being “me” and has become his own Character.
And I’m completely okay with it.

I’ll call him Chef because I heard his cooking skills are topnotch.

Cortana did use both names interchangeably. Im guessing that during the more sentimental moments he’ll be John, and during the fighting scenes it will be Chief.

If we encounter any UNSC, or even Elites, they should call him Master Chief. Cortana can (and probably will) use both names interchangibly.

Both should be used, depending on the situation, as others have said.

I’ve always called him John.

I think it all depends on the setting, Chief is more of a formal name for him while John is the more personal one. When in the presence of military or similar, I’m sure everyone, even Cortana, will refer to John as “Chief” or “Master Chief” because of his rank and I’m sure most marines and such don’t know his name anyways. But when he is just with Cortana, I’m sure she’ll use his name when talking to him. But it all depends on the situation.

I think it really depends on who we’re with in Halo 4. UNSC and such would always refer to him as Chief. But especially as far as forerunners go, or the Timeless One, I just can’t see them called him Chief. True, its become legend among Covies and Humans alike, but when it boils down to it, it comes from his full serving name, which is “Master Chief Petty Officer John-117” and I just don’t think that Forerunners would stick to something like that, since he wouldn’t have an official military standing with them.

I think they’d either give him his own super long forerunner name, or call him John, Spartan, or to make it quite simple, Human.

> I think it really depends on who we’re with in Halo 4. UNSC and such would always refer to him as Chief. But especially as far as forerunners go, or the Timeless One, I just can’t see them called him Chief. True, its become legend among Covies and Humans alike, but when it boils down to it, it comes from his full serving name, which is “Master Chief Petty Officer John-117” and I just don’t think that Forerunners would stick to something like that, since he wouldn’t have an official military standing with them.
>
> I think they’d either give him his own super long forerunner name, or call him John, Spartan, or to make it quite simple, Human.

Won’t they just call him Reclaimer?

> I think they’d either give him his own super long forerunner name, or call him John, Spartan, or to make it quite simple, Human.

I would think Forerunners would call him either Human or Reclaimer, since they wouldn’t know of him as John or Spartan unless they were told or had access to his information.

> I think it really depends on who we’re with in Halo 4. UNSC and such would always refer to him as Chief. But especially as far as forerunners go, or the Timeless One, I just can’t see them called him Chief. True, its become legend among Covies and Humans alike, but when it boils down to it, it comes from his full serving name, which is “Master Chief Petty Officer John-117” and I just don’t think that Forerunners would stick to something like that, since he wouldn’t have an official military standing with them.
>

What are you referring to when you say ‘The Timeless One’?

Well, considering Frankie mentioned that they are going to go deeper into the characters soul this time around, John would be a better fit. It’s who he is.

John is the man who sent his Spartans against impossible odds. He’s the man who has to live with all death and destruction he has seen in his years of warfare, he’s the man who has to go against impossible odds because no one else can, he wants to be a child on Reach again, he wants to atone for the failure of letting it get glassed.

Master Chief is an unstoppable war machine who fears nothing and wipes out legions of enemies with out fail. He always wins, he always triumphs, he always hits harder that the others, he is a Demon on the battlefield and nothing will stop him or destroy him he is invincible, Death incarnate.

343 have something special here two sides to one character they can push in any direction they want.

> John is the man who sent his Spartans against impossible odds. He’s the man who has to live with all death and destruction he has seen in his years of warfare, he’s the man who has to go against impossible odds because no one else can, he wants to be a child on Reach again, he wants to atone for the failure of letting it get glassed.
>
> Master Chief is an unstoppable war machine who fears nothing and wipes out legions of enemies with out fail. He always wins, he always triumphs, he always hits harder that the others, he is a Demon on the battlefield and nothing will stop him or destroy him he is invincible, Death incarnate.
>
>
> 343 have something special here two sides to one character they can push in any direction they want.

I couldn’t have said it better.