A year ago today

ODST dropped and addicted us all with Firefight. The night before I was camped outside GameStop in the rain waiting for midnight, listening to the ODST soundtrack and admiring my newly acquired Sgt. Johnson figure.

What were you doing?

i’ve had this weird feeling all day that there was something i was supposed to do or it was someone’s birthday… of course! ODST!
ironically, i was home sick. REALLY sick, i was not playing hookie for ODST. in fact i hardly had the energy to play :D.

I still remember being excited because it was raining, gave everything a perfect feel.

Raining on ODST launch day is utterly perfect! I wish my weather had been similar. That definitely would have added to the atmosphere.

My ODST launch day was much like my Reach launch day, stuck in the office in meetings and hoping that my copy would be waiting for me when I got home.

Other than the absence of my fiance, ODST launch was exactly like Reach’s. Except I thought it would be a good idea to play ODST on Legendary right from the get-go…it was very much not a good idea. lol!

> Other than the absence of my fiance, ODST launch was exactly like Reach’s. Except I thought it would be a good idea to play ODST on Legendary right from the get-go…it was very much not a good idea. lol!

Really, I hit Legendary right out of the box… and it took the rest of the week to finish that fight. Hmm I think I see your point. :wink:

Yup, I did one 14 hour sitting. o_O

I didn’t want to start up a new post, but 3 years ago I finished the fight. Actually about this time I was waking up after my nap, I played nonstop until about 6am, then slept til about noon, only to play some more.