A wild DMR nerf has appeared!!!

The DMR nerf may be just over the horizon with news from the bulletin last night (referenced below), it appears with new backend weapon tuning we could see changes to other things in the sand box too.

What would you like to see tweaked besides this?

I’m hoping for a small carbine buff, a plasma pistol nerf (on vehicles), and a buff for the banshee’s health (even tho this is not a weapon).

Bravo quoted from Bulletin below:

"<mark>Added the ability to make weapon adjustments via backend tuning.</mark>

If your ears perked up with that last one, you probably understand what this means. Previously added weapon adjustments, such as the Bolt Shot Nerf that went live last month, needed a title update in order to be released. With this title update, we are adding the ability to make weapon adjustments outside of the standard title update process. This will allow us to fine tune and tweak the Halo 4 sandbox as often or not as often as needed. One thing to keep in mind is that even the tiniest of changes affects the sandbox as a whole, so these adjustments will be closely scrutinized and carefully tested before being released. We’ll be sharing more about the different things we can do with our soon-to-be-acquired weapon-tuning “knobs” in our PAX East panel, so keep your ear close to the ground for the latest on that particular aspect of the title update."

DMR RoF nerf.
Carbine buffed for a 7-hit kill.
PP’s EMP nerfed.
Vehicle health buffed.
Bullet magnetism and aim assist toned down.

That’s all from me.

Also: @Title

Jenga used weapon balancing.
It’s super effective!
Jenga used Pokeball!
Gotcha! A wild DMR was caught!

reduce bullet magnetism and ROF.

> DMR RoF nerf.
> Carbine buffed for a 7-hit kill.
> PP’s EMP nerfed.
> Vehicle health buffed.
> Bullet magnetism and aim assist toned down.
>
> That’s all from me.
>
> Also: @Title
>
> Jenga used weapon balancing.
> It’s super effective!
> Jenga used Pokeball!
> Gotcha! A wild DMR was caught!

All this plus I would like to see pulse grenades buffed a little as well as spawning with 2. Because right now they’re pretty much useless.

I also hope they do some custom loadout changes. I hope they remove boltshot, plasma pistol and plasma nades from loadouts.

> DMR RoF nerf.
> Carbine buffed for a 7-hit kill.
> PP’s EMP nerfed.
> Vehicle health buffed.
> Bullet magnetism and aim assist toned down.
>
> That’s all from me.
>
> Also: @Title
>
> Jenga used weapon balancing.
> It’s super effective!
> Jenga used Pokeball!
> Gotcha! A wild DMR was caught!

I agree vehicles are in dire need of a buff carbine I’m not sure about though I’ve badly ever touched it. I have been getting killed by it a lot recently .

Buff Carbine
Buff all vehicles (except Mongoose)
Nerf Mongoose
Knock the magnetism down
Lower EMP timing
Slight buff to Frags

Another balancing thread?

As for “wild DMR nerf” I would relax if I was DMR fan (which I’m totally not, even though it’s my 2nd or 3rd most used weapon). 343i clearly showed that they have some kind of sentiment for that boring 1-shot. In fact there was already one TU, that didn’t touched it while fixing Boltshot, which wasn’t nearly as bad for overall gameplay experience.

> Another balancing thread?
>
> As for “wild DMR nerf” I would relax if I was DMR fan (which I’m totally not, even though it’s my 2nd or 3rd most used weapon). 343i clearly showed that they have some kind of sentiment for that boring 1-shot. In fact there was already one TU, that didn’t touched it while fixing Boltshot, which wasn’t nearly as bad for overall gameplay experience.

I’m confused as to what you are saying…

> Buff Carbine
> Buff all vehicles (except Mongoose)
> Nerf Mongoose
> Knock the magnetism down
> Lower EMP timing
> Slight buff to Frags

I find the lack of BR buff disturbing…

Buff the Battlerifle to a 12-bullet kill. If we are Buffing the carbine (which already kills faster than the BR) we have to buff the BR too, otherwise it can’t compete with anything.

> > Another balancing thread?
> >
> > As for “wild DMR nerf” I would relax if I was DMR fan (which I’m totally not, even though it’s my 2nd or 3rd most used weapon). 343i clearly showed that they have some kind of sentiment for that boring 1-shot. In fact there was already one TU, that didn’t touched it while fixing Boltshot, which wasn’t nearly as bad for overall gameplay experience.
>
> I’m confused as to what you are saying…

I’m saying that even though it’s a really good news, 343i already showed that nerfing DMR isn’t their priority. It’s like they don’t see elephant in the room. They will probably tweak some small stuff (buffing Carbine, nerfing Plasma - you name it), but DMR will still be dominant. I think we should give more feedback in official threads, and always start with mentioning that DMR is overpowered, because for some people (343i included) this isn’t such an obvious matter.

> > > Another balancing thread?
> > >
> > > As for “wild DMR nerf” I would relax if I was DMR fan (which I’m totally not, even though it’s my 2nd or 3rd most used weapon). 343i clearly showed that they have some kind of sentiment for that boring 1-shot. In fact there was already one TU, that didn’t touched it while fixing Boltshot, which wasn’t nearly as bad for overall gameplay experience.
> >
> > I’m confused as to what you are saying…
>
> I’m saying that even though it’s a really good news, 343i already showed that nerfing DMR isn’t their priority. It’s like they don’t see elephant in the room. They will probably tweak some small stuff (buffing Carbine, nerfing Plasma - you name it), but DMR will still be dominant. I think we should give more feedback in official threads, and always start with mentioning that DMR is overpowered, because for some people (343i included) this isn’t such an obvious matter.

I would hope DMR would be first priority then 2nd priority vehicle health/plasma pistol, considering the size of the btb playlist.

I was hoping to dual-wield DMRs…

This fine-tuning tool sounds very nice :slight_smile:

NOTHING NEEDS A BUFF. The BR’s random bullet spread could be toned down, though (I guess that’s a buff.) The Carbine is FINE. It already has the fastest kill time. Do you guys want to make the carbine more overpowered than anything else?

Also, the full-auto weapons could and should have their range toned down alongside a DMR RoF nerf. Stick grenades should be removed form load-outs (wishful thinking). Or sticky grenades should have their magnetism toned down and have it so people can spawn with only one regularly or two with the explosives perk. Putting sticky grenades in load outs was a terrible idea.

> NOTHING NEEDS A BUFF. The BR’s random bullet spread could be toned down, though (I guess that’s a buff.) The Carbine is FINE. It already has the fastest kill time. Do you guys want to make the carbine more overpowered than anything else?
>
> Also, the full-auto weapons could and should have their range toned down alongside a DMR RoF nerf. Stick grenades should be removed form load-outs (wishful thinking). Or sticky grenades should have their magnetism toned down and have it so people can spawn with only one regularly or two with the explosives perk. Putting sticky grenades in load outs was a terrible idea.

1. Provide me with proof showing that the Carbine has the fastest kill time please.

2. The storm rifle and suppressor’s range is fine. The AR’s is also fine, seeing as how you need to burst fire it to actually land hit’s at it’s furthest range. All the autos are fine.

3. Lower the amount of plasmas in loadouts to 1 and give players 2 pulses.

4. Magnetism and aim assist need to be toned down across the board IMO.

No specific weapon changes have been announced just yet. Don’t get your hopes up.

A lovely update to find one day would be:

DMRs RRR reduced to match that of the LR, bloom removed, clip boosted to 15 shots

Carbine’s damage boosted to a 7sk, bloom removed, clip boosted to 21 shots

BRs damage boosted to a 12 bullet kill, bullet spread removed

LRs unscoped RoF lowered but damage boosted to a 12 bullet kill

Assault Rifle’s damage boosted, one less bullet to kill

Storm Rifle’s damage boosted, one less bullet to kill

Suppressor’s bloom reduced drastically, now encourages burst fire at close-medium range

Magnum’s bloom removed but RoF set to match it’s kill-time with precision Rifles

Plasma Pistol’s single shot damage boosted, taking fewer shots to kill

Boltshot’s single shot damage boosted, now killing in 8-10 shots (inc. a headshot), charge function requires a full clip to activate and drains a whole clip

Frag/Plasma grenades damage radius increased slightly, Pulse Grenade damage boosted significantly and count upped to two in loadouts

Not even mentioning the slight changes to all non-loadout weapons, because they’re so unimportant by comparison to the above. If I saw that I would be a very happy bunny.

> NOTHING NEEDS A BUFF. The BR’s random bullet spread could be toned down, though (I guess that’s a buff.) The Carbine is FINE. It already has the fastest kill time. Do you guys want to make the carbine more overpowered than anything else?

False, the DMR has been proven time and time again to have the faster kill time. Not only has this been proven, but I’ve tested numerous times. The DMR user is left with no sheilds and the carbine user dead. There are two spawn weapons that beat the DMR:

Scoped light rifle, and Magnum. Carbine has the second fastest hipfire kill time. BR has the third fastest and Light Rifle the fourth. However, the Scoped lightrifle has the fastest scoped kill time, the DMR the second, carbine the third and BR the fourth.

This means that the BR is beaten by literally everything except the Unscoped lightrifle. However, the unscoped lightrifle has superior range, accuracy and has no recoil and minimal spread.

This leaves the BR as the most useless spawn weapon in the game.

Argue. I dare you.

> Also, the full-auto weapons could and should have their range toned down alongside a DMR RoF nerf. Stick grenades should be removed form load-outs (wishful thinking). Or sticky grenades should have their magnetism toned down and have it so people can spawn with only one regularly or two with the explosives perk. Putting sticky grenades in load outs was a terrible idea.

No. If you tune down the Suppressors range anymore it will be the single most useless weapon in the game bar none. The Automatic weapons are fine, and the only time they can really be seen as unbalanced is when combined with the Jetpack.

Stick grenades should definitely be removed from loadouts.

> False, the DMR has been proven time and time again to have the faster kill time. Not only has this been proven, but I’ve tested numerous times. The DMR user is left with no sheilds and the carbine user dead. There are two spawn weapons that beat the DMR:
>
> Scoped light rifle, and Magnum. Carbine has the second fastest hipfire kill time. BR has the third fastest and Light Rifle the fourth. However, the Scoped lightrifle has the fastest scoped kill time, the DMR the second, carbine the third and BR the fourth.
>
> This means that the BR is beaten by literally everything except the Unscoped lightrifle. However, the unscoped lightrifle has superior range, accuracy and has no recoil and minimal spread.
>
> This leaves the BR as the most useless spawn weapon in the game.
>
> Argue. I dare you.

May I? :wink:

BR has slower kill time than Carbine, but only on paper. In fact, on paper Carbine has little stronger aim assist as well, but that doesn’t matter when you have to quickly push trigger button 8 times vs pushing it in same amount of time 5 times. It’s just very hard for human being to aim and shoot with Carbine, especially in the heat of battle, because trigger finger is mashing, while thumb needs to act precisely on analog stick.

Also Carbine has some bloom (not visible on reticle), so, what any Carbine’s user will tell you, placing headshot is very unlikely right after 7 previous shots takes care of shield. After taking down enemy’s shield you’ll, most likely, make several more shots or wait a sec til you’ll be able to place a headshot. One way or another practical Carbine’s killtime will increase over BR’s.

Clip size is Carbine’s another disadvantage. With 100% hitting you are able to kill exact 2 opponents, while all other precission rifles gives you some margine for mistake. If you add it to these 2 other facts, I’ve mentioned above, this will mean that Carbine user is literally screwed when facing more than 1 enemy at once (which is the most common situation).

All-in-all I try to use as much Carbine as BR, but I must admit that BR has the edge. If anything, I would leave BR as it is (it’s very good balanced to automatics, which are very good balanced to each other, so that’s more than half of Halo 4’s default arsenal being reference for any balancing issues with other weapons), and make a little buff to Carbine. Removing it’s bloom should do the trick, since aiming, while mashing the trigger, is hard enough.

> False, the DMR has been proven time and time again to have the faster kill time. Not only has this been proven, but I’ve tested numerous times. The DMR user is left with no sheilds and the carbine user dead. There are two spawn weapons that beat the DMR:
>
> Scoped light rifle, and Magnum. Carbine has the second fastest hipfire kill time. BR has the third fastest and Light Rifle the fourth. However, the Scoped lightrifle has the fastest scoped kill time, the DMR the second, carbine the third and BR the fourth.
>
> This means that the BR is beaten by literally everything except the Unscoped lightrifle. However, the unscoped lightrifle has superior range, accuracy and has no recoil and minimal spread.
>
> This leaves the BR as the most useless spawn weapon in the game.
>
> Argue. I dare you.
>
> No. If you tune down the Suppressors range anymore it will be the single most useless weapon in the game bar none. The Automatic weapons are fine, and the only time they can really be seen as unbalanced is when combined with the Jetpack.
>
> Stick grenades should definitely be removed from loadouts.

Alright, perhaps I was wrong about the Carbine’s kill time being the fastest; however, if the DMR does, in fact, get a Rate-of-Fire nerf, the Carbine would have the fastest kill time barring a scoped-in Light Rifle, so no the Carbine does not need a buff if the DMR gets a nerf. Plus the Carbine is possibly the best at cleaning up kills, barring perhaps the BR. Plus, the Carbine is more forgiving once you get your enemy’s shields down as you can fire more shots and are more likely to get a head shot. It’s much easier to get lucky head shots with the carbine than any other weapon because of its rate of fire. Also, the entire “You can kill only X amount of players with a clip” argument is fairly invalid. I am sorry, but if you are challenging multiple, competent enemies, outside of a perfect nade-shot, chances are you won’t kill both. More often than not, you won’t really find the clip size to be much of a problem. Just be smart, get to safety, and reload after gunfights.

Yes, on paper the BR is the most useless gun in the game; however, there is a difference between theoretical what actually occurs in-game. The BR is a burst-fire weapon. What does this mean? Well first of all, it is more forgiving than weapons that fire single rounds. Also, it is better at “nade-shotting” because it doesn’t require your enemy’s shields to be completely depleted. It is better at cleaning up kills than other weapons. It has better head-shot registration on a poor host than other weapons. It’s reticle is larger than that of other weapons, so it is easier to land shots close-range. On paper, yes the BR is garbage; however, there is a difference between what happens on paper and what actually occurs in games. The BR needs less-random bullet spread; that is all.

I suppose that the Supressor is fine and fills its niche well; however, the other two full-auto, load-out weapons have Ranges that are a bit much. Yes, I suppose on paper they are well balanced with other weapons, but that shouldn’t be the case. Full-auto weapons have NO punishment in game play. The user simply positions his reticle over his enemy and holds down RT. There is no need to readjust aim. Full-auto weapons put pressure on opponents that cannot be recorded on paper. There is no error induced on full-auto users by nerve-racking close games. Full-auto weapons take no skill. If they had recoil and more bloom, I suppose this would be different.

The carbine is a 7 hit kill where are you guys getting this 8 hit kill from?