A way to stop the Flood that we didn't find.

I believe this might just be the plot of the next Halo game.

Cortana Says they have to go to the Ark to find the Alternative means to stop the Flood than the Halo Array.

Halo 3 beyond that point

Fleet Battlee, clear a landing zone, assault on Cartographer, Assault on Truth. Flood show up, Kill Truth, get Cortana, Blow up the Halo Ring and a large portion of the Ark to kill gravemind.

Nothing there was a secret way to stop the Flood. 343 Guilty Spark was just going to use 04 to kill the Flood. That wasn’t Cortanas solution. So i say the rumors about Mendicant Bias are indeed true and MC is at the Ark to find out what that secret really is, probably because some Covenant or Inne -Yoink- deiced to go to a Forerunner installation and Release the Flood again out of Spite of some crazy new religion like Unitology. MC could be hiding because those innes could have alot of pull or are after him. (not like he is hard to find) but any civilian could be an Inne and maybe they have taken over the remains of the Ark. Another reason why Thel might be tring to get peace relations with the brutes, so they can help solve this issues because of the world with Kig-Yar brutes and Human working together could of pulled a job like this off.
Thoughts?

> So i say the rumors about Mendicant Bias are indeed true and MC is at the Ark to find out what that secret really is, probably because some Covenant or Inne -Yoink!- deiced to go to a Forerunner installation and Release the Flood again out of Spite of some crazy new religion like Unitology.

No.

But yeah this notion has circulated quite a bit, it just comes down to us not knowing what exactly it is.

Very, very excited.

Or maybe the Ark would fire all the remaining Halo and its defenses would protect the people on the Ark as well as the fact it’s safely out of the Halo Array’s range (scroll down to Layout and Function)?

That isn’t to say there isn’t a third way though…

> > So i say the rumors about Mendicant Bias are indeed true and MC is at the Ark to find out what that secret really is, probably because some Covenant or Inne -Yoink!- deiced to go to a Forerunner installation and Release the Flood again out of Spite of some crazy new religion like Unitology.
>
> No.
>
> But yeah this notion has circulated quite a bit, it just comes down to us not knowing what exactly it is.

No to what exactly? All of that.

> Or maybe the Ark would fire all the remaining Halo and its defenses would protect the people on the Ark as well as the fact it’s safely out of the Halo Array’s range (scroll down to Layout and Function)?
>
> That isn’t to say there isn’t a third way though…

Possible but that doesn’t stop the Flood without firing the remaining Halo Rings.

The Flood doesn’t need to be freed. It came from outside the galaxy the first time and it can easily happen again (these would be highly evolved forms of Flood meant specifically for galactic invasion). I doubt anyone would be dumb enough to actually release them again, it makes no sense whatsoever.

As for your theory, it does make a little bit of sense- especially considering the “Petra” short story included in the extras of First Strike’s 343i reprint (or was it the Fall of Reach?) which brought the same question about Cortana’s plan to stop the Flood and its possibilities. One would have to wonder why 343i would include that story unless they had plans to further explore this subject in the future.

This seems to be fitting with the Ark Theory pretty nicely.

> > > So i say the rumors about Mendicant Bias are indeed true and MC is at the Ark to find out what that secret really is, probably because some Covenant or Inne -Yoink!- deiced to go to a Forerunner installation and Release the Flood again out of Spite of some crazy new religion like Unitology.
> >
> > No.
> >
> > But yeah this notion has circulated quite a bit, it just comes down to us not knowing what exactly it is.
>
> No to what exactly? All of that.

To anyone just freeing the Flood for -Yoink- and giggles and angst.

> The Flood doesn’t need to be freed. It came from outside the galaxy the first time and it can easily happen again (these would be highly evolved forms of Flood meant specifically for galactic invasion). I doubt anyone would be dumb enough to actually release them again, it makes no sense whatsoever.
>
> As for your theory, it does make a little bit of sense- especially considering the “Petra” short story included in the extras of First Strike’s 343i reprint (or was it the Fall of Reach?) which brought the same question about Cortana’s plan to stop the Flood and its possibilities. One would have to wonder why 343i would include that story unless they had plans to further explore this subject in the future.
>
> This seems to be fitting with the Ark Theory pretty nicely.

1. Yeah, i know this. But the retcon of how they came to our Galaxy sucks. Before they were like the Reapers. This terrible thing that was from beyond the darkness that we had no chance of stopping. But with the Retconned Flood invasion i sort of lost a bit of respect for them. Respecting the Flood OMG! But really i have to give them credit, they showed up and just took over. They had a simple goal that was about to be achieved until the Forerunner cheated and killed themselves.

2. Thanks.

> Or maybe the Ark would fire all the remaining Halo and its defenses would protect the people on the Ark as well as the fact it’s safely out of the Halo Array’s range (scroll down to Layout and Function)?
>
> That isn’t to say there isn’t a third way though…

Cortana said “without firing the remaining Halo Rings,” and that’s a solution we never learned.

> > The Flood doesn’t need to be freed. It came from outside the galaxy the first time and it can easily happen again (these would be highly evolved forms of Flood meant specifically for galactic invasion). I doubt anyone would be dumb enough to actually release them again, it makes no sense whatsoever.
> >
> > As for your theory, it does make a little bit of sense- especially considering the “Petra” short story included in the extras of First Strike’s 343i reprint (or was it the Fall of Reach?) which brought the same question about Cortana’s plan to stop the Flood and its possibilities. One would have to wonder why 343i would include that story unless they had plans to further explore this subject in the future.
> >
> > This seems to be fitting with the Ark Theory pretty nicely.
>
> 1. Yeah, i know this. But the retcon of how they came to our Galaxy sucks. Before they were like the Reapers. This terrible thing that was from beyond the darkness that we had no chance of stopping. But with the Retconned Flood invasion i sort of lost a bit of respect for them.

The Flood were never retconned, just expanded on. But that’s…that’s actually a pretty good description of what the Flood is now that 343i took over. So I’m not seeing the problem.

> > > > So i say the rumors about Mendicant Bias are indeed true and MC is at the Ark to find out what that secret really is, probably because some Covenant or Inne -Yoink!- deiced to go to a Forerunner installation and Release the Flood again out of Spite of some crazy new religion like Unitology.
> > >
> > > No.
> > >
> > > But yeah this notion has circulated quite a bit, it just comes down to us not knowing what exactly it is.
> >
> > No to what exactly? All of that.
>
> To anyone just freeing the Flood for Yoink! and giggles and angst.

Those would be the perfect reason to release a parasitic life form capable of devouring the entire population of a galaxy.

> > > > > So i say the rumors about Mendicant Bias are indeed true and MC is at the Ark to find out what that secret really is, probably because some Covenant or Inne -Yoink!- deiced to go to a Forerunner installation and Release the Flood again out of Spite of some crazy new religion like Unitology.
> > > >
> > > > No.
> > > >
> > > > But yeah this notion has circulated quite a bit, it just comes down to us not knowing what exactly it is.
> > >
> > > No to what exactly? All of that.
> >
> > To anyone just freeing the Flood for Yoink! and giggles and angst.
>
> Those would be the perfect reason to release a parasitic life form capable of devouring the entire population of a galaxy.

The Flood would just end up betraying those who would be stupid enough to release it.

> > > > > > So i say the rumors about Mendicant Bias are indeed true and MC is at the Ark to find out what that secret really is, probably because some Covenant or Inne -Yoink!- deiced to go to a Forerunner installation and Release the Flood again out of Spite of some crazy new religion like Unitology.
> > > > >
> > > > > No.
> > > > >
> > > > > But yeah this notion has circulated quite a bit, it just comes down to us not knowing what exactly it is.
> > > >
> > > > No to what exactly? All of that.
> > >
> > > To anyone just freeing the Flood for Yoink! and giggles and angst.
> >
> > Those would be the perfect reason to release a parasitic life form capable of devouring the entire population of a galaxy.
>
> The Flood would just end up betraying those who would be stupid enough to release it.

In order to betray, you must be on the same side.

> > > > > > > So i say the rumors about Mendicant Bias are indeed true and MC is at the Ark to find out what that secret really is, probably because some Covenant or Inne -Yoink!- deiced to go to a Forerunner installation and Release the Flood again out of Spite of some crazy new religion like Unitology.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > No.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > But yeah this notion has circulated quite a bit, it just comes down to us not knowing what exactly it is.
> > > > >
> > > > > No to what exactly? All of that.
> > > >
> > > > To anyone just freeing the Flood for Yoink! and giggles and angst.
> > >
> > > Those would be the perfect reason to release a parasitic life form capable of devouring the entire population of a galaxy.
> >
> > The Flood would just end up betraying those who would be stupid enough to release it.
>
> In order to betray, you must be on the same side.

So you’re saying that someone will release the Flood knowing it will bring about their own doom?

> > > > > > > > So i say the rumors about Mendicant Bias are indeed true and MC is at the Ark to find out what that secret really is, probably because some Covenant or Inne -Yoink!- deiced to go to a Forerunner installation and Release the Flood again out of Spite of some crazy new religion like Unitology.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > No.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > But yeah this notion has circulated quite a bit, it just comes down to us not knowing what exactly it is.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > No to what exactly? All of that.
> > > > >
> > > > > To anyone just freeing the Flood for Yoink! and giggles and angst.
> > > >
> > > > Those would be the perfect reason to release a parasitic life form capable of devouring the entire population of a galaxy.
> > >
> > > The Flood would just end up betraying those who would be stupid enough to release it.
> >
> > In order to betray, you must be on the same side.
>
> So you’re saying that someone will release the Flood knowing it will bring about their own doom?

No not at all. I’m saying it is unlikely the Flood when released would let those who freed them right after being released.

> > > > > > > > > So i say the rumors about Mendicant Bias are indeed true and MC is at the Ark to find out what that secret really is, probably because some Covenant or Inne -Yoink!- deiced to go to a Forerunner installation and Release the Flood again out of Spite of some crazy new religion like Unitology.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > No.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > But yeah this notion has circulated quite a bit, it just comes down to us not knowing what exactly it is.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > No to what exactly? All of that.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > To anyone just freeing the Flood for Yoink! and giggles and angst.
> > > > >
> > > > > Those would be the perfect reason to release a parasitic life form capable of devouring the entire population of a galaxy.
> > > >
> > > > The Flood would just end up betraying those who would be stupid enough to release it.
> > >
> > > In order to betray, you must be on the same side.
> >
> > So you’re saying that someone will release the Flood knowing it will bring about their own doom?
>
> No not at all. I’m saying it is unlikely the Flood when released would let those who freed them right after being released.

Sorry, I’m not really understanding what you’re saying here.

> > > > > > > > > > So i say the rumors about Mendicant Bias are indeed true and MC is at the Ark to find out what that secret really is, probably because some Covenant or Inne -Yoink!- deiced to go to a Forerunner installation and Release the Flood again out of Spite of some crazy new religion like Unitology.
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > No.
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > But yeah this notion has circulated quite a bit, it just comes down to us not knowing what exactly it is.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > No to what exactly? All of that.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > To anyone just freeing the Flood for Yoink! and giggles and angst.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Those would be the perfect reason to release a parasitic life form capable of devouring the entire population of a galaxy.
> > > > >
> > > > > The Flood would just end up betraying those who would be stupid enough to release it.
> > > >
> > > > In order to betray, you must be on the same side.
> > >
> > > So you’re saying that someone will release the Flood knowing it will bring about their own doom?
> >
> > No not at all. I’m saying it is unlikely the Flood when released would let those who freed them right after being released.
>
> Sorry, I’m not really understanding what you’re saying here.

If they freed the Flood out of some sort of plan to use them, the flood will likely kill them before they can do their plan.

> > > > > > > > > > > So i say the rumors about Mendicant Bias are indeed true and MC is at the Ark to find out what that secret really is, probably because some Covenant or Inne -Yoink!- deiced to go to a Forerunner installation and Release the Flood again out of Spite of some crazy new religion like Unitology.
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > No.
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > But yeah this notion has circulated quite a bit, it just comes down to us not knowing what exactly it is.
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > No to what exactly? All of that.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > To anyone just freeing the Flood for Yoink! and giggles and angst.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Those would be the perfect reason to release a parasitic life form capable of devouring the entire population of a galaxy.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > The Flood would just end up betraying those who would be stupid enough to release it.
> > > > >
> > > > > In order to betray, you must be on the same side.
> > > >
> > > > So you’re saying that someone will release the Flood knowing it will bring about their own doom?
> > >
> > > No not at all. I’m saying it is unlikely the Flood when released would let those who freed them right after being released.
> >
> > Sorry, I’m not really understanding what you’re saying here.
>
> If they freed the Flood out of some sort of plan to use them, the flood will likely kill them before they can do their plan.

Oh, yeah. That’s what I was saying.

> > > > > > > > > > > > So i say the rumors about Mendicant Bias are indeed true and MC is at the Ark to find out what that secret really is, probably because some Covenant or Inne -Yoink!- deiced to go to a Forerunner installation and Release the Flood again out of Spite of some crazy new religion like Unitology.
> > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > No.
> > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > But yeah this notion has circulated quite a bit, it just comes down to us not knowing what exactly it is.
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > No to what exactly? All of that.
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > To anyone just freeing the Flood for Yoink! and giggles and angst.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Those would be the perfect reason to release a parasitic life form capable of devouring the entire population of a galaxy.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > The Flood would just end up betraying those who would be stupid enough to release it.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > In order to betray, you must be on the same side.
> > > > >
> > > > > So you’re saying that someone will release the Flood knowing it will bring about their own doom?
> > > >
> > > > No not at all. I’m saying it is unlikely the Flood when released would let those who freed them right after being released.
> > >
> > > Sorry, I’m not really understanding what you’re saying here.
> >
> > If they freed the Flood out of some sort of plan to use them, the flood will likely kill them before they can do their plan.
>
> Oh, yeah. That’s what I was saying.

Think of it like how suicide bombers are. They are fully aware of what they’re doing and acknowledge they are going to die, but if they take out the “enemy” too…

> > > > > > > > So i say the rumors about Mendicant Bias are indeed true and MC is at the Ark to find out what that secret really is, probably because some Covenant or Inne -Yoink!- deiced to go to a Forerunner installation and Release the Flood again out of Spite of some crazy new religion like Unitology.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > No.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > But yeah this notion has circulated quite a bit, it just comes down to us not knowing what exactly it is.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > No to what exactly? All of that.
> > > > >
> > > > > To anyone just freeing the Flood for Yoink! and giggles and angst.
> > > >
> > > > Those would be the perfect reason to release a parasitic life form capable of devouring the entire population of a galaxy.
> > >
> > > The Flood would just end up betraying those who would be stupid enough to release it.
> >
> > In order to betray, you must be on the same side.
>
> So you’re saying that someone will release the Flood knowing it will bring about their own doom?

Like the OP said, Unitology. Convergence is coming, make us whole.