A way to make power weapon spawns competitive

So, we all currently have to put up with random power weapon spawns on halo 4 maps such as haven and solace, and we all also know that the competitive community is pretty pissed about it, so i had this idea a long time ago, but i have finally decided to share the concept with the community, and i would enjoy to see the communitys opinion on the idea

First to ease explnation i will split the power weapons into catergorys based on their range, damage etc.

Launchers (rockets, incineration cannon, fuel rod)
Close quarters (sword, shotgun, scattershot, hammer, saw)
Snipers (sniper rifle, beam rifle, binary rifle)
Small arms (concussion, railgun, sticky detonator, needler)

So, lets choose a map for an example, il choose Solace.

Now, if we look at solace’s initial power weapon spawns, the 2 snipers (sniper catergory) spawn at the front of the initial spawns for each team, and the incineration cannon (launchers) and the sword (close quarters) spawn in the middle section of the map.

Now my suggestion is, always make power weapons spwan at the initial points, BUT instead of the incineration cannon always spawning there,make it a 33.3% chance that either the rockets, fuel rod or incineration cannon spawn there.

Same with the energy sword, instead of the energy sword spawning in the same place every 3 mins, make it a 20% chance that the sword, scattershot, shotgun, hammer or saw spawn there.

And for the snipers, make it a 33.3% chance that they are either sniper rifles, beam rifles, or binary rifles (note, if a map spawns with two of the same catergory of weapon at the same time [sniper rifles on solace] they will always be the same weapon)

Not only would this make weapon spawns more predictable, but would create the map variaty 343 wants, and this would make mlg much more competitive as it would be much more intense to not know exactly what weapon would spawn, but know that it will be an explosive weapon, or a CQC weapon. This would also add the need for map control back, and would hopefully improve halo 4 drasticlly.

Opinions on this idea?

Seems like a very good idea, actually. Keeps the flow of a map laid out well, since you’re fighting over a specific point, yet it randomizes what you earn for fighting over said point. I’d like to at least see custom game options to test this out.

> Seems like a very good idea, actually. Keeps the flow of a map laid out well, since you’re fighting over a specific point, yet it randomizes what you earn for fighting over said point. I’d like to at least see custom game options to test this out.

I can imagine a game on haven where the commentators have to quickly point out what power weapons have landed , and while keeping map control needed, its a damn lot more interesting to see what mlg players can do with a fuel rod instead of the same rockets over and over.

very good idea. less random, but getting SAW instead of a sword would be interesting and change it up a bit.

This is actually how the system sort of works, but not on the exact same way you describe it. Each random ordnance position has a set time and placement and set weapons to them. The decision of which weapons are placed there are based on where these drops are on the map. So you won’t just find an incineration cannon spawning right next to a team’s spawn. I can easily predict when weapons are going to spawn as I know which weapons can spawn at a certain spot and when they come down. It’s still very predictable, you just need to study the maps more in forge.

Or just go back to what it used to be pure Arena weapon spawns.