A VERY LIKELY ANCIENT ENEMY

Just re-watched all of the terminals for CE Anniversary. I haven’t read all the books (unfortunately) but from what I have gotten from the terminals one of the likely ancient enemy candidates is the didact. He is very possibly alive, and at the end of one of the terminals 343 says that if he was around the Reclaimers would “wish they were fighting the flood.” (Or something along those lines.) I think this seems like a pretty reasonable guess, more so than some guy I saw who thought we would fight ONI.

Why would the Didact be an enemy though? And Guilty Spark was talking about a hypothetical situation, if I’m not mistaken.

Still, it’s not impossible, but I doubt it. Nice observation though!

Didact is a huge believer in the Mantle. Destroying so much Forerunner tech in the first trilogy could be seen as a move that is bad for the preservation of life. Didact is offended, and goes after Chief. Possibly.

I Think we will be fighting the Forerunners, after all, they hated humanity because humanity was chosen over them to take over for the Precursors. I don’t think they will be very happy to see us again.

> Didact is a huge believer in the Mantle. Destroying so much Forerunner tech in the first trilogy could be seen as a move that is bad for the preservation of life. Didact is offended, and goes after Chief. Possibly.

Yeah, but the Didact was opposed to the Halo rings at first, and he seems to have some sort of respect for humanity. Going to kill them all doesn’t seem like something he would do.

While these are all good points, the didact also regretted killing so many humans and felt remorse after doing so. Also these tragic events are against all principals of the mantle I think, however I’m not certain.

Also I think he might have meant it in a non literal sense. Kinda like how your mom can say she’s gonna kill you, which obviously isn’t really gonna happen.

> I Think we will be fighting the Forerunners, after all, they hated humanity because humanity was chosen over them to take over for the Precursors. I don’t think they will be very happy to see us again.

Um, no. Forerunners practically forgot about that, the only people who knew were the Didact and the Librarian, and perhaps 343, who was a human who saw the Precursor Gravemind.

Its probably the Precursors. Due to concept art.

> Didact is a huge believer in the Mantle. Destroying so much Forerunner tech in the first trilogy could be seen as a move that is bad for the preservation of life. Didact is offended, and goes after Chief. Possibly.

But the Didact was opposed to the idea of the rings. He preferred his shield worlds. If anything, Didact will be happy Chief got rid of them. Also, Didact cooperated with humans in the Forerunner Saga. Guilty Spark was referring to the initial war between the forerunners and humans, the same time the flood were first identified.

But you must realize that the Forerunners had kept humanity alive on purpose twice. Once during Human-Forerunner war, and again during the activation of the Halo Array. So why would he want to kill them now for no reason? I believe Didact will be in the game, but he won’t be an enemy. I believe it will be the Precursors. I guess we have to wait and see.

There’s is a tiny quip at the end of 1 terminal that says the didact might not like humans, whereas there are two entire books that say he will be friendly and supportive of them.

So I highly doubt he will be an enemy. I suppose it’s not impossible, but if he is then I severely overrated 343s sense of story.

> > I Think we will be fighting the Forerunners, after all, they hated humanity because humanity was chosen over them to take over for the Precursors. I don’t think they will be very happy to see us again.
>
> Um, no. Forerunners practically forgot about that, the only people who knew were the Didact and the Librarian, and perhaps 343, who was a human who saw the Precursor Gravemind.
>
> Its probably the Precursors. Due to concept art.

I agree because the enemy in the concept art video seemed to have a lot of red and most forerunner architecture and design is mostly blue and cool colors

Not even mad I am wrong, just learned so much.

Love this community.