A Very Good Solution.

You know one thing that really should have stayed? Achievements.

First of all, The problem. No one cares about the gamerscores and what not. They only care about cR. Think about it, How many times do you see someone playing Classic Fire-fight offline(Meaning not on matchmaking.) Why? Because you get hardly any cR. Same with custom games. See people don’t see a point in stuff with out a reward. (I do not, but most people do.) This is all the stupid currency’s fault. I don’t get it, how based on how much money you have you, “Rank Up” which is limited. Which Then I have “My” solution

Now, The Solution. As you now know. cR sucks. So my solution to this problem is simple.

Take it off.

Let me explain. I think to earn armor you have to do the achievements that they give you. like finish long night of solace on legendary, you earn Jorge’s helmet. Beat it on Heroic, you’ve got his chest. And so on. Not only campaign here. Everything… Getting the Right FJ/para shoulder for killing the moniter as a double kill. Something harder of course but I’m just giving an example for forge. But there will be achievements for fire-fight, matchmaking, and campaign. For attachments for helmets, once you get the helmet. (Hard to do.) You have all the attachments instantly. Just like Halo 3. So when you have "That" armor people know how good you are. That’s my armory solution. Now for my rank solution…

Think about what i’m about to say, er. Type, How long do you play just to increase your rank. How many pointless hours playing the same thing, or “Cheating the credit system.” A lot. Trust me. This solution isn’t as simple, but I wouldn’t say it was complicated, either. I think rank matters only in matchmaking, and for bragging rights. Well, you get these medals I call

True Medals

They look like commendations popping out on the bottom screen, but with this kind of medals

http://www.serenadawn.com/Alien-MarineMedals.JPG

or

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9a/PaceMedals2005.jp

These are “EARNED” by getting, a Killionare, Overkill, Running riot, a killing frenzy with the Magnum, or even getting 40 kills or more in one team SWAT game. There suppose to be hard. There not like challenges every rank you gain you get new ones and you have to stick with them. NO. You have MILLIONS of the True Medals. There are The Mythic True Medals, which are impossible, the Legendary TM’s will be a little easier, Heroic TM’s aren’t too hard, Normal TM’s semi-hard, and Easy TM’s, are plain easy. but you need every single one to reach the highest rank. now when you start as a recruit you need one True medal then when you grade up it increases. But it’s different with Grade 1, grade 2, and so on. Let’s say your a LT. Colonel, First of all, people will worship you. Let’s also say you need 20 true medals, you get twenty, then when you become a grade 1, you need 15 then it decreases by five depending on how many true medals you need so if you need 5 true medals, you’ll need 4 when your grade 1. And when you’re like a general (Probably 60TM) you’ll get like ten off, each grade. Now when you then complete commander after the TM you got, you have to start at 30 TM then the grade will take 5 off, and so on.

Q: Well why don’t you just work around the True medals and cheat, on custom games or forge?

A: Simple, You can’t get true medals, when you play games like custom games, firefight, and forge when your not playing matchmaking. So your thinking. Then people are still going to play matchmaking anyway. No, that’s where your wrong. You get a different Rank for your games. Let me explain. When you play a custom game you can (your choice) rate the people you played with. on a scale of 1-10. Then you can’t rate the same person again until next week. So don’t tick someone of. Then once you get 20 ratings, the average of your games has to be over 5 or equal or you don’t rank up, so your rank determines how fun you are. If you get less than 3 on your average you go down a grade. there are negative grades up until negative ten. like positive 5 would be Awesomely Fun! negative 5 would be Absoulutly Evil. once you get to the Highest rank, ULTIMATELY FUNIFIED. you can’t get higher but you can get lower. so make everyone happy. Oh and the rank names

10 Rank: Ultimately Funified
9 Rank: The Best
8 Rank: Kind Man
7 Rank: True Friend
6 Rank: Fun-tastic
5 Rank: Awesomely Fun
4 Rank: Super Playful
3 Rank: Playful
2 Rank: Enjoyable
1 Rank: Fun
0 Rank: Nothing
-1 Rank: Mean
-2 Rank: Rotten
-3 Rank: Greedy
-4 Rank: Evil
-5 Rank: Absoulutly Evil
-6 Rank: Cold-Blooded
-7 Rank: Pure Evil
-8 Rank: Devil
-9 Rank: Hell
-10 Rank: Hades

O.K that’s it. Sorry for the long read, and Drama that I type, but This will straighten things out.
Also everyone’s rank will reset, but not The armor so you will still have your armor not your rank though, You’ll be a recruit, just get True medals, and you’ll be there in a while.

I personally didn’t like the whole earning achievements thing with Halo 3… Too specific. Not to mention that massive delay between switching armour. I don’t know about anyone else, but I got it bad.

I do like your ranking system idea, though.

> I personally didn’t like the whole earning achievements thing with Halo 3… Too specific. Not to mention that massive delay between switching armour. I don’t know about anyone else, but I got it bad.
>
> I do like your ranking system idea, though.

Agreed. There are still some achievements in Halo 3 that I never got because some of the requirements were too difficult to obtain. Personally, I think they should still have cR but uses it only for purchasing armor and effects, but use the ranking system from Halo3 with the exception that you can only rank up, not down.

I think it shows how good you are and the fun times to get the specific achievement.

The halo 3 ranking system was terrible, for the reason of taking WAY to much time to gain 3 points and to rank up it takes like 100 points.

Keep posting though I like your opinions

Your ranking system is really interesting. It is new and different, and I like it.

It’s a good idea. I especially like the magnum frenzy. Something different and challenging.

As someone who doesn’t have access to Xbox Live, I always found the achievement system in Halo 3 frustrating. It meant I couldn’t unlock certain armors because they required you to play online. I know some people will think I’m just nitpicking but I always loved the armor permutations. I think when it comes to unlockable items they should make them accessible to all players, perhaps multiple ways to unlock the same pieces so that you can get them by playing online, offline, campaign, forge or firefight.

Achievements are boosted or completed all in a day sometimes. EVERYONE had Hyubusa armor. cR makes a time gap which keeps the masses from spamming the one armor most people think is “cool”. I go into a party in Reach and not one person has the same armor unless they’re wearing the default. And even that is rare.

> Achievements are boosted or completed all in a day sometimes. EVERYONE had Hyubusa armor. cR makes a time gap which keeps the masses from spamming the one armor most people think is “cool”. I go into a party in Reach and not one person has the same armor unless they’re wearing the default. And even that is rare.

So you don’t like the Idea. And time gap, One true medal could take a day, like 40 kills in a team swat game, that means you got 40 kills the rest of the team must be lower. So it’s hard and takes a while, I mean That was a legendary level True medal. But it still takes a while, Also think about it, if people get rid of all the easy true medals, than it’s going to take like years to get the rest, Cause There HARD AS HELL. And Armor is HARD to get like in halo 3, E.O.D was hard to get (not for me though) And there’s so much armor! 343 could make that the coolest armor could be the hardest one to Achieve!

> As someone who doesn’t have access to Xbox Live, I always found the achievement system in Halo 3 frustrating. It meant I couldn’t unlock certain armors because they required you to play online. I know some people will think I’m just nitpicking but I always loved the armor permutations. I think when it comes to unlockable items they should make them accessible to all players, perhaps multiple ways to unlock the same pieces so that you can get them by playing online, offline, campaign, forge or firefight.

The same with cR though you get low amounts of cR when you play on Custom games, or YOUR Xbox. unless you play Matchmaking.

:wink:

> > As someone who doesn’t have access to Xbox Live, I always found the achievement system in Halo 3 frustrating. It meant I couldn’t unlock certain armors because they required you to play online. I know some people will think I’m just nitpicking but I always loved the armor permutations. I think when it comes to unlockable items they should make them accessible to all players, perhaps multiple ways to unlock the same pieces so that you can get them by playing online, offline, campaign, forge or firefight.
>
> The same with cR though you get low amounts of cR when you play on Custom games, or YOUR Xbox. unless you play Matchmaking.
>
> :wink:

believe me I know and it’s frustrating as hell but at least there’s the possibility of unlocking the pieces, unlike in Halo 3.

Nice ideas however do you really think 343i would change the current systems to your proposed system NOW? Reach is nearly a year old and 343i are busy working on the TU, Halo CEA and Halo 4…

> Nice ideas however do you really think 343i would change the current systems to your proposed system NOW? Reach is nearly a year old and 343i are busy working on the TU, Halo CEA and Halo 4…

Actually, NO, I know that they won’t but I mean at least I tried. Also it would be like restarting a whole game differently. So it would refurbish the gameplay a little bit

> > > As someone who doesn’t have access to Xbox Live, I always found the achievement system in Halo 3 frustrating. It meant I couldn’t unlock certain armors because they required you to play online. I know some people will think I’m just nitpicking but I always loved the armor permutations. I think when it comes to unlockable items they should make them accessible to all players, perhaps multiple ways to unlock the same pieces so that you can get them by playing online, offline, campaign, forge or firefight.
> >
> > The same with cR though you get low amounts of cR when you play on Custom games, or YOUR Xbox. unless you play Matchmaking.
> >
> > :wink:
>
>
> believe me I know and it’s frustrating as hell but at least there’s the possibility of unlocking the pieces, unlike in Halo 3.

Yes but it’s also frustratng to be in one place for hours of gameplay to get some armor.

> First of all, The problem. No one cares about the gamerscores and what not. They only care about cR. Think about it, How many times do you see someone playing Classic Fire-fight offline(Meaning not on matchmaking.) Why? Because you get hardly any cR… cR sucks.

It’s a proven fact that a credit system keeps players interested. People love earning credits to buy items. The problem isn’t the credit system itself. It’s the way payouts are calculated. They’re primarily determined by length of game with a small bonus based on performance. The formula needs to be restructured so winning is primary bonus, objectives are second, performance is third. This will put more focus on winning and completing objectives to earn more credits… as opposed to sitting on objectives until the last minute to boost kill/death ratios. You perform better and win more often, you rank up faster. Weaker players can rank up, too… they just have to put in significantly more time/games than better players.

To be quite honest, the current credit set-up is a brilliant way of keeping the Matchmaking community flooded with players. Custom games should never be tied to payouts or rankings. The settings can easily be manipulated to inflate stats and game length and that serves zero purpose. Even with the current system which everyone complains about meaning nothing, I know that someone who’s played enough to get ranked Noble, will most likely know the maps better than a player at rank Warrant Officer.

> I think to earn armor you have to do the achievements that they give you. like finish long night of solace on legendary, you earn Jorge’s helmet. Beat it on Heroic, you’ve got his chest. And so on. Not only campaign here. Everything… That’s my armory solution.
[/quote]
Tying armor to achievements may be fun, but it leads to selfish gameplay. Multi-team is the perfect example of this with the challenges. You got everyone going into that playlist to get their kills or assists to complete a challenge, and nobody really trying to complete the objective. If achievements are ever tied into unlocking armors, I hope that they’re achievements tied into promoting team play and not individual performance… like the “protector” medal, wheelman medal, or spawn spree medals. Those promote team play and that’s what should be encouraged.

> > Now for my rank solution…
> >
> > Well, you get these medals I call
> >
> > True Medals
> >
> > These are “EARNED” by getting, a Killionare, Overkill, Running riot, a killing frenzy with the Magnum, or even getting 40 kills or more in one team SWAT game. There suppose to be hard. There not like challenges every rank you gain you get new ones and you have to stick with them. NO. You have MILLIONS of the True Medals. There are The Mythic True Medals, which are impossible, the Legendary TM’s will be a little easier, Heroic TM’s aren’t too hard, Normal TM’s semi-hard, and Easy TM’s, are plain easy. but you need every single one to reach the highest rank. now when you start as a recruit you need one True medal then when you grade up it increases. But it’s different with Grade 1, grade 2, and so on.
> It sounds interesting, in theory… but like I said before. These “true medals” would need to encourage team play if it were to be worth anything. What’s the difference between people sitting and doing nothing or playing wrecklessly and people trying to accomplish one “true medal”? Nothing. They both achieve nothing but promote poor gameplay.
> My proposal is keep the cR ranking system with the payouts adjusted towards winning and objectives and not based on game length… and to have a double rating system. Both ratings based on stats. One based on individual play and skill, the other based on being a good teammate. This would allow everyone to see exactly what type of player they’re teamed with or going against. It would be very difficult to boost both ratings within a game, so if you try to boost one rating… the other would most likely suffer.
> > You get a different Rank for your games. Let me explain. When you play a custom game you can (your choice) rate the people you played with. on a scale of 1-10. Then you can’t rate the same person again until next week. So don’t tick someone of. Then once you get 20 ratings, the average of your games has to be over 5 or equal or you don’t rank up, so your rank determines how fun you are. If you get less than 3 on your average you go down a grade. there are negative grades up until negative ten. like positive 5 would be Awesomely Fun! negative 5 would be Absoulutly Evil. once you get to the Highest rank, ULTIMATELY FUNIFIED. you can’t get higher but you can get lower. so make everyone happy.
> That rating system you have for customs is horrible. It’s based on friendships and relies heavily on people not being griefers. If Reach has proved anything, it’s shown just how spoiled rotten it’s community acts. Kids find any way they can to grief other people and their games. Allowing other players to rate you, just gives them and their friends another way to grief the system. No sense in implementing something meaningless.
> Your entire post seems that you’re mad because nobody wants to play customs. Do I miss customs? Once in a while, I do. My entire Halo 3 career was pretty much customs. Once Halo CEA comes out, there will be another boost of activity… then customs will most likely take over until Halo 4 is released. It’s called patience… something everyone smacked with the banhammer never learned.

> > > > As someone who doesn’t have access to Xbox Live, I always found the achievement system in Halo 3 frustrating. It meant I couldn’t unlock certain armors because they required you to play online. I know some people will think I’m just nitpicking but I always loved the armor permutations. I think when it comes to unlockable items they should make them accessible to all players, perhaps multiple ways to unlock the same pieces so that you can get them by playing online, offline, campaign, forge or firefight.
> > >
> > > The same with cR though you get low amounts of cR when you play on Custom games, or YOUR Xbox. unless you play Matchmaking.
> > >
> > > :wink:
> >
> >
> > believe me I know and it’s frustrating as hell but at least there’s the possibility of unlocking the pieces, unlike in Halo 3.
>
> Yes but it’s also frustratng to be in one place for hours of gameplay to get some armor.

I’m not sure what you mean

> I personally didn’t like the whole earning achievements thing with Halo 3… Too specific. Not to mention that massive delay between switching armour. I don’t know about anyone else, but I got it bad.
>
> I do like your ranking system idea, though.

I still haven’t obtained the laser double kill achievement =.=

Good idea though, i like it OP.

> > First of all, The problem. No one cares about the gamerscores and what not. They only care about cR. Think about it, How many times do you see someone playing Classic Fire-fight offline(Meaning not on matchmaking.) Why? Because you get hardly any cR… cR sucks.
>
> It’s a proven fact that a credit system keeps players interested. People love earning credits to buy items. The problem isn’t the credit system itself. It’s the way payouts are calculated. They’re primarily determined by length of game with a small bonus based on performance. The formula needs to be restructured so winning is primary bonus, objectives are second, performance is third. This will put more focus on winning and completing objectives to earn more credits… as opposed to sitting on objectives until the last minute to boost kill/death ratios. You perform better and win more often, you rank up faster. Weaker players can rank up, too… they just have to put in significantly more time/games than better players.
>
> To be quite honest, the current credit set-up is a brilliant way of keeping the Matchmaking community flooded with players. Custom games should never be tied to payouts or rankings. The settings can easily be manipulated to inflate stats and game length and that serves zero purpose. Even with the current system which everyone complains about meaning nothing, I know that someone who’s played enough to get ranked Noble, will most likely know the maps better than a player at rank Warrant Officer.
>
>
>
> > I think to earn armor you have to do the achievements that they give you. like finish long night of solace on legendary, you earn Jorge’s helmet. Beat it on Heroic, you’ve got his chest. And so on. Not only campaign here. Everything… That’s my armory solution.
[/quote]
Tying armor to achievements may be fun, but it leads to selfish gameplay. Multi-team is the perfect example of this with the challenges. You got everyone going into that playlist to get their kills or assists to complete a challenge, and nobody really trying to complete the objective. If achievements are ever tied into unlocking armors, I hope that they’re achievements tied into promoting team play and not individual performance… like the “protector” medal, wheelman medal, or spawn spree medals. Those promote team play and that’s what should be encouraged.

> > > Now for my rank solution…
> > >
> > > Well, you get these medals I call
> > >
> > > True Medals
> > >
> > > These are “EARNED” by getting, a Killionare, Overkill, Running riot, a killing frenzy with the Magnum, or even getting 40 kills or more in one team SWAT game. There suppose to be hard. There not like challenges every rank you gain you get new ones and you have to stick with them. NO. You have MILLIONS of the True Medals. There are The Mythic True Medals, which are impossible, the Legendary TM’s will be a little easier, Heroic TM’s aren’t too hard, Normal TM’s semi-hard, and Easy TM’s, are plain easy. but you need every single one to reach the highest rank. now when you start as a recruit you need one True medal then when you grade up it increases. But it’s different with Grade 1, grade 2, and so on.
> > It sounds interesting, in theory… but like I said before. These “true medals” would need to encourage team play if it were to be worth anything. What’s the difference between people sitting and doing nothing or playing wrecklessly and people trying to accomplish one “true medal”? Nothing. They both achieve nothing but promote poor gameplay.
> > My proposal is keep the cR ranking system with the payouts adjusted towards winning and objectives and not based on game length… and to have a double rating system. Both ratings based on stats. One based on individual play and skill, the other based on being a good teammate. This would allow everyone to see exactly what type of player they’re teamed with or going against. It would be very difficult to boost both ratings within a game, so if you try to boost one rating… the other would most likely suffer.
> > > You get a different Rank for your games. Let me explain. When you play a custom game you can (your choice) rate the people you played with. on a scale of 1-10. Then you can’t rate the same person again until next week. So don’t tick someone of. Then once you get 20 ratings, the average of your games has to be over 5 or equal or you don’t rank up, so your rank determines how fun you are. If you get less than 3 on your average you go down a grade. there are negative grades up until negative ten. like positive 5 would be Awesomely Fun! negative 5 would be Absoulutly Evil. once you get to the Highest rank, ULTIMATELY FUNIFIED. you can’t get higher but you can get lower. so make everyone happy.
> > That rating system you have for customs is horrible. It’s based on friendships and relies heavily on people not being griefers. If Reach has proved anything, it’s shown just how spoiled rotten it’s community acts. Kids find any way they can to grief other people and their games. Allowing other players to rate you, just gives them and their friends another way to grief the system. No sense in implementing something meaningless.
> > Your entire post seems that you’re mad because nobody wants to play customs. Do I miss customs? Once in a while, I do. My entire Halo 3 career was pretty much customs. Once Halo CEA comes out, there will be another boost of activity… then customs will most likely take over until Halo 4 is released. It’s called patience… something everyone smacked with the banhammer never learned.
>
> HELLO someone read the whole thing.
>
> As you say, Yes I miss all the custom games, But I still have people to play custom games with. I just want it a little, more… Balanced. It can’t be with the certain cR system. I think, people will have less,
>
> zOMG! That guy going AFK! or something related, with true medals, you actually work for them. Also these true medals are well true! When I play with a forerunner, I don’t see a sense in, OMG HE IZ SO B3AST. Because he might be a guy that just plays for hours, like 24/7, playing team swat over and over again. Which I want to be fixed.
>
> Also, I may have not explained this good in my post, but I want it to be team play the whole time, just some have to be Lone Wolf, I mean there won’t be a true medal saying, get 40 betrayls in one game, NO.
>
> As for the custom rankings, I meant for a pointless challenge of fun, so it isn’t supposed to effect how your friends see you. I would, actually say to one of my friends, Hey man rank me a low grade so I can be Hades. Then eventually your gonna be hades, So it promotes a little fun. If people take it seriously then, We’ll jsut rank him a 10 star, It’s fun and useless, all for the fun of playing around with something.

for us to have the same amount of armor we need a boatload of achievements.

If you want to realise how bad Reach is right now, go play a custom game of regular Team slayer where you earn no credits, you will finish the game feeling " Wow that game was really mediocre O_o."