A TRUE RANKING SYSTEM IS NEEDED FOR TEAMWORK!

I haven’t played Halo 4 in a few weeks now. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a good game, but the EXP system is really boring, and I just lost my incentive to play.

What I miss from Halo 2/3 was the ranking system. The way the team scored determined players ranks, so everyone had to look out for each other.

Halo 2’s ranking system was the best. After rank 30 you needed to find a set of players to go in with you and work together, if you went in by yourself, you could kiss your rank goodbye.

Halo 3’s ranking system was also good, but just not as good IMO. It was far too easy to get to the 40’s. On H2 ranking up was a great challenge, and it promoted team work.

Please bring back a good ranking system, if not like Halo 2’s, then I’ll even take Halo 3’s.

I just hate EXP count systems, they suck.

I’d have to agree. People have something to fight for and work to maintain. Having a system that just rewards time played rather than actual skill and good play is pointless. It gets boring quickly and once you reach the end…there’s nothing.

This is one of the reasons I find a lot of FPS games these days boring in terms of their multiplayer ranking systems.

To be honest, I really can’t see a reason why a proper ranking system, be it in the actual game or just on Waypoint, wasn’t available from day 1 as it should have been. It’s pretty much a necessity for a AAA game like this. Instead, we got stuck with a pointless system that was just a repeat of Reach if anything.

I don’t see why we can’t keep the item-unlock aspect, call it social, and then also have a visible numerical rank like from Halo 2. The best of both worlds.

~ Duck.

Agreed a competitive visible rank system stops people just zoning out whilst playing and brings out peoples urge to win.

I honestly rarely feel down when i lose, in halo 2/3 days i would be mortified especially when it was a close game

> I haven’t played Halo 4 in a few weeks now. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a good game, but the EXP system is really boring, and I just lost my incentive to play.
>
> What I miss from Halo 2/3 was the ranking system. The way the team scored determined players ranks, so everyone had to look out for each other.
>
> Halo 2’s ranking system was the best. After rank 30 you needed to find a set of players to go in with you and work together, if you went in by yourself, you could kiss your rank goodbye.
>
> Halo 3’s ranking system was also good, but just not as good IMO. It was far too easy to get to the 40’s. On H2 ranking up was a great challenge, and it promoted team work.
>
> Please bring back a good ranking system, if not like Halo 2’s, then I’ll even take Halo 3’s.
>
> I just hate EXP count systems, they suck.

Should of joined in on this guy who made invasion in Halo 4 we played that and some other gamemodes it was great fun would of reather had another veteran like you than this one high pitched little kid. Anyway your right it does and its comeing from waht 343 says IDK if its in game or viewable through waypoint witch shouldnt be a problem either way for anyone who has an ipod/phone/computer. I hope they can find a way to put it in game if it wont be at release.